If we all like the same Football and hockey team why cant we like the

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blue Jays aren't even an American team. Plus growing up, the Blue Jays were (and still aren't too much) on TV but you could turn on the TV and find the Mets, Yankees, Cubs, Braves almost every day. Plus the Mets now have that stellar AAA team that plays in Buffalo.

I've been to both, many times (not the new Yankee Stadium, though). Pretty close call, at the games themselves.

Yankee fans are annoying in a bar, at a restaurant, walking down the street, shopping in a store, etc.

Yankee fans are annoying anywhere they go. 95% of Yankee fans are only Yankee fans because of all the titles they won a decade ago. Mostly front runners, kinda like the Steelers, Patriots and Cowboys fans all over the country that have never even driven through the states that those teams play in, much less spent any time there.

Yankee fans are annoying anywhere they go. 95% of Yankee fans are only Yankee fans because of all the titles they won a decade ago. Mostly front runners, kinda like the Steelers, Patriots and Cowboys fans all over the country that have never even driven through the states that those teams play in, much less spent any time there.

I am an Orioles fan. I hate both, but the Red Sox fans have recently exceed Yankees fans in douchiness.

I was listening to Wgr today Mike Schoop and the Bulldog and he suprised me with a remark saying " Most people in Buffalo perfer the Red Sox to be there baseball team". I was very shocked he never metioned the Toronto Blue Jays.. But shouldn't be like that in retrospect. Shouldn't we like the Blue Jays because there the closest team to Buffalo. I never go the fact why people in the Buffalo area where mets,yankees,sox's, and indians fans when we have a team 90 miles from buffalo. So I was thinking unless you have a direct tie to one of those club's cities why are you a fan of theres and not the jays

I live in the state of NY.

There is no MLB team in Buffalo.

The Mets or Yankees makes the most sense to me in NY state.

No chance in hell of rooting for a team from Boston or Toronto....my Buffalo hockey loyalty will not permit it!

Way off base.

Most Yankees fans are fans because they're dad was a Yanks fan and his dad was a Yanks fan....and so on.

It's tradition and longevity.

That or the Buccos! Never the Rats.

Let's try this again. Me, and some of my Pirate-fan friends sometimes refer to them as "The Rats". Yes, we do. It is a comment on their futility, to a degree.

I've also been known to call the Bills "The Williams" and the Sabres "The 'Bres" or "The Swords".

My point being, shortening the official team name, of playing with it a little, is normal for fans of sports teams. Getting upset because someone refers to the Blue Jays as "The Jays" is more than a little ridiculous.

I was listening to Wgr today Mike Schoop and the Bulldog and he suprised me with a remark saying " Most people in Buffalo perfer the Red Sox to be there baseball team". I was very shocked he never metioned the Toronto Blue Jays.. But shouldn't be like that in retrospect. Shouldn't we like the Blue Jays because there the closest team to Buffalo. I never go the fact why people in the Buffalo area where mets,yankees,sox's, and indians fans when we have a team 90 miles from buffalo. So I was thinking unless you have a direct tie to one of those club's cities why are you a fan of theres and not the jays

depending on your age, it should be whoever the bisons are the farm team for.... that makes the most sense

I live in the state of NY.

There is no MLB team in Buffalo.

The Mets or Yankees makes the most sense to me in NY state.

No chance in hell of rooting for a team from Boston or Toronto....my Buffalo hockey loyalty will not permit it!

That makes a ton of sense. There's no chance in hell that you'd root for the Red Sox due to the Bruins/Sabres "rivalry". Okay. By that logic, how could you possibly be a Mets or Yankees fan since the Rangers play in New York and have in reality had a much bigger rivalry with the Sabres, particularly in recent years. Dumb way to look at things IMO.

How about because the team is technically in ANOTHER COUNTRY THATS WHY-

Buddy, baseball is an American sport, so if you like the Blue Jays just because Toronto is relatively close to Buffalo then you are a RETARD- unless your from Canada. First of all they stink (had success in early 90's but not since), 2nd of all, you have 2 other NY baseball teams to cheer for!!!

I am from the Utica area, and am a die hard BILLS, METS, RANGERS (yes Rangers, not sabres) and Knicks fan unfortunately and go CUSE too. I take it as an insult as a New Yorker if you are from NY and are RED SOX or Blue Jay fan-

Thats my take-

Way off base.

Most Yankees fans are fans because they're dad was a Yanks fan and his dad was a Yanks fan....and so on.

It's tradition and longevity.

Thats true in the state of New York, but once your out of NY its not. Its because they are front runners, believe me. I lived in NY all my life then moved to Myrtle Beach for College!! Lots of frontrunners out there, especially teams like Yankees, Redsox, Patriots, and of course the worst- the Steelers!!

Steelers fans are everywhere down here, and they are annoying-and most times, they are fair weathered fans. When they win (like last year), front running fans were coming out of the wood work. AND THEY ARE REALLY ANNOYING-

In my opinion, the team you consider "home" is the team represented by either the city you live in, and if you don't have a team in your city, then the state you live in. There is no reason, if you live in NYS, to root for a baseball team from another country over a team in your own damn country, in your own damn state, just because they are "technically" closer. I live here in Buffalo and root for the Mets and Knicks (unfortunately) because they represent the state that I live in.

Obviously, the roots to rooting for the Cleveland Indians are here in Buffalo as well.

In my opinion, the team you consider "home" is the team represented by either the city you live in, and if you don't have a team in your city, then the state you live in. There is no reason, if you live in NYS, to root for a baseball team from another country over a team in your own damn country, in your own damn state, just because they are "technically" closer. I live here in Buffalo and root for the Mets and Knicks (unfortunately) because they represent the state that I live in.

Obviously, the roots to rooting for the Cleveland Indians are here in Buffalo as well.

I hear what you're saying about most of that. I can't stand the "I'm a Blue Jays fan because Toronto is the closest to Buffalo" rationale. That is just ridiculous. However, many people have lived in or around other major cities with ball clubs in the past, and/or have family ties to that particular area. That fact is why I have always been a Red Sox fan, and I'm sure it is the reason for many other people who root for X team not named the Mets or Yankees, yet live in New York. It's not like New York state is one big bubble, people often have connections with other areas for whatever reason, and develop into fans of those teams. Particularly when we're talking about a sport like baseball that isn't represented by a professional team in the City of Buffalo.