NYS Senate

Today the Governor, who has the power to make them attend a special session & nothing else, demanded the State Senate hold a special session. The idiots broke into party factions, yelled & screamed & got nothing done. They should all be thrown out of office.

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story...?storyID=813062

Senate impasse leads to chaotic dueling sessions

Sparring continues over leadership

By CASEY SEILER , RICK KARLIN , IRENE JAY LIU AND JIM ODATO, Capitol bureau

Last updated: 5:28 p.m., Tuesday, June 23, 2009

ALBANY -- The battle for the state Senate approached the realm of the surreal this afternoon as Democrats and Republicans held what amounted to parallel sessions in the same chamber.

The NYS Senators may be disfunctional, but we, the voters of NYS, appear to be satisfied with their lack of action because we keep sending incumbents back to Albany election after election. We seem to think that "our" Senator is doing an OK job, but those others representing [fill in the blank] are just thugs!

What will it take to get voters to really change things in Albany by voting incumbents out of office?

Look on the bright side...while they are not in session, they can't raise your taxes! :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, their inaction may cause New Yorkers' taxes to go go up quite a bit. They aren't acting on things that local governments at the County, Town & Village levels fund. As a result the municipalities will raise our local taxes.

Unfortunately, their inaction may cause New Yorkers' taxes to go go up quite a bit. They aren't acting on things that local governments at the County, Town & Village levels fund. As a result the municipalities will raise our local taxes.

Really? I heard that the sales tax in NYC is scheduled to be raised and is being held up by this. For that, I'm grateful.

Really? I heard that the sales tax in NYC is scheduled to be raised and is being held up by this. For that, I'm grateful.

Don't be. If any muni doesn't get their sales tax, they'll raise fees & property taxes a lot more than you'll spend on sales tax.