US Open

KD in CA

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Colin Montgomerie is the leader in the clubhouse in that category.

I wouldn't call Monty a prick, he just lets people get to him. You're playing in the Ryder Cup on American soil and you react to the taunts? They'll eat you alive after that. Don't give the fans ammo and they'll try someone else.

Every time he played in the US after that he was killed by the gallery. I'd start being a jerk too as he couldn't save his image at that point. American fans have started to embrace him more in recent years though, because I think most feel he isn't really a jerk and the taunting is only fun for so long.

VJ on the other hand.....

Here's Phil Mickelson, through the eyes of his opponents ...

http://men.style.com/gq/features/full?id=c...3&pageNum=2

... and here's Phil Mickelson, too. Might want to read this one before you draw any conclusions about him:

http://www.augusta.com/stories/040107/mas_122384.shtml

Until he spits into the fukking cup he is a class act.

I wouldn't call Monty a prick, he just lets people get to him. You're playing in the Ryder Cup on American soil and you react to the taunts? They'll eat you alive after that. Don't give the fans ammo and they'll try someone else.

Every time he played in the US after that he was killed by the gallery. I'd start being a jerk too as he couldn't save his image at that point. American fans have started to embrace him more in recent years though, because I think most feel he isn't really a jerk and the taunting is only fun for so long.

VJ on the other hand.....

By the way, it's Monte and he has one of the best records of any PGA or European Pro's to ever play in the Ryder Cup. He can play and win here. He could have won the US Open if he hadn't clubbed down to an 8 iron and left it short on the 72nd hole. Which was the same year Michelson had his fun on 18 as well.

Nice open. Nice to see a no name per say win. Though listening to a re-cap from ESPN a few minutes ago. If I hear one more time the word " Courage", or " how worn out these guys are" I'm going to shoot my !@#$ing TV.

EXCUSE ME?????? Its golf? Courage? :thumbsup:

Nice open. Nice to see a no name per say win. Though listening to a re-cap from ESPN a few minutes ago. If I hear one more time the word " Courage", or " how worn out these guys are" I'm going to shoot my !@#$ing TV.

EXCUSE ME?????? Its golf? Courage? :thumbsup:

I totally agree on your first point, but the second about being physically drained I can feel what they are talking about. Those guys had to be ready to play three or four different times (not counting thursday's and today's tee times) over the course of the five days. A few of those times amounted to nothing. They still had to prepare, mentally that wears you out. Physically, you have to get warmed up and then once you do, it rains again, so doing that over and over again, wastes a lot of energy and mental energy/focus as well.

Sound like a bunch of cry babies who are tired of Mickelson whooping their ass, and there is nothing they can do about it.

I have considered that line of thought. :thumbsup:

I totally agree on your first point, but the second about being physically drained I can feel what they are talking about. Those guys had to be ready to play three or four different times (not counting thursday's and today's tee times) over the course of the five days. A few of those times amounted to nothing. They still had to prepare, mentally that wears you out. Physically, you have to get warmed up and then once you do, it rains again, so doing that over and over again, wastes a lot of energy and mental energy/focus as well.

You agree that the word " courage" should be used? They had to be ready to play "golf" at any moment. "Courage'?

Please be clear on you point before this whole board climbs on top you're post, and castrates your ass. "Courage? Dude?

You agree that the word " courage" should be used? They had to be ready to play "golf" at any moment. "Courage'?

Please be clear on you point before this whole board climbs on top you're post, and castrates your ass. "Courage? Dude?

Anyone who plays golf on a hole next to me better be courageous.