Yes I know there is a baseball forum....

The Poojer

but i also know it is a vast wasteland.....Rob Dibble is the color guy for the Washington Nationals....he is awful!!!!! the past couple of nites, MASN has carried the Yanks v Nats. I loved Dibble on the Dan Patrick radio show, but he is brutal as a color guy...he yells at the home team(opposing fans) to sit/calm down, he tells players to sit down...I don't ever complain about commentators because for the most part, even if they are homers, they do a decent job of adding something...but Dibble is just plainly not good....he has excellent baseball insight, but his other 'color skills' are brutal

but i also know it is a vast wasteland.....Rob Dibble is the color guy for the Washington Nationals....he is awful!!!!! the past couple of nites, MASN has carried the Yanks v Nats. I loved Dibble on the Dan Patrick radio show, but he is brutal as a color guy...he yells at the home team(opposing fans) to sit/calm down, he tells players to sit down...I don't ever complain about commentators because for the most part, even if they are homers, they do a decent job of adding something...but Dibble is just plainly not good....he has excellent baseball insight, but his other 'color skills' are brutal

Excellent baseball insight at a Nationals game = Excellent rodeo skills at a swim meet.

point taken, sadly enough the yankees are making the nationals look like they actually know how to play baseball this week

Excellent baseball insight at a Nationals game = Excellent rodeo skills at a swim meet.

but i also know it is a vast wasteland.....

uh...excuse me, but just because it's not littered with Skooby or Steely nonsense (for the most part), doesn't mean the baseball board is a wasteland. :thumbsup:

I loved Dibble on the Dan Patrick radio show, but he is brutal as a color guy...he yells at the home team(opposing fans) to sit/calm down, he tells players to sit down...I don't ever complain about commentators because for the most part, even if they are homers, they do a decent job of adding something...but Dibble is just plainly not good....he has excellent baseball insight, but his other 'color skills' are brutal

So basically, he acts the same way calling games that he did when he pitched. I'm not surprised.

I liked his fire as a pitcher, and like i said, really liked him on the DP radio show....really just cant stand him as a color guy on MASN for the Nat's

uh...excuse me, but just because it's not littered with Skooby or Steely nonsense (for the most part), doesn't mean the baseball board is a wasteland. :thumbsup:

So basically, he acts the same way calling games that he did when he pitched. I'm not surprised.

it just hasn't been the same since the departure of the Retatta Prince.

That's true, he did bring attention. The baseball board's high point of the season is clearly during the March fantasy draft.

But hey, it's still more active than the dreaded Consumer Forum!

it just hasn't been the same since the departure of the Retatta Prince.

And since LSI has completely given up on the Red Sox in 2007 (WHEN THEY WON THE FUGGIN WORLD SERIES!!!!), it just hasn't been the same either.

Oh pleeeze...if the Yanks had swept the mighty Nats, you wouldn't care if it was Gilbert Gottfried doing the announcing.

Granted, Dibble is dreadful and is more of a homer than Hawk Harrelson, but methinks thou dost protest too much. :rolleyes: