Move Back to Buffalo?

I was born and raised in Buffalo .Went to High School and college here.

In my early 20's I started to travel and lived in Miami, San Diego and for a little bit Atlanta.

The Navy gave me a chance to see, Hong Kong, Singapore, Perth in Australia, Hawaii (Twice)

I really loved San Diego. I wanted to stay after my military time was up but it is a very expensive town to live in. Back in the 90's a condo out there cost 700 bucks a month and it really wasnt a condo the way we know ...it was more a 2 bedroom apartment.

So I came back home in 93' and I think it was a wise choice. Snow was never a problem with me, I love the change of seasons and after living threw an Earthquake ( 5.7) I will take 2 feet of snow over an Earthquake anyday folks. If there one thing this town knows how to do it deal with snow . We get 7 inches here and its just another day. 3 inches of snow in other cities they close down for the day.

I liked the idea of living down south but the summers are way to hot for me. and it doesn't really cool off at night either. To me we have the most perfect summers ,not to hot, not to cool. I think to people that are turned off by the weather are soft , we cant control the weather so why make it a issue??

I love living here in Buffalo, houses are cheap so to speak, very good schools, parks, festivials are way better than average.And it is a really good place to raise kids.

But the only way to get a decent job here ...and this is my opinion...you really have to know somebody important or you have family ties. I have been lucky to have both so I really dont have a problem finding a job, even though its not the best paying job in the world it pays for my house and car so I am content.

Im afraid when my parents leave this earth, they are both from down south but came to Buffalo when manufacturing was just giving away high paying jobs...That I will most likely leave for Canada. And have dual-citizenship, hell I spend enough time up there as it is.

And thats another reason I love living here....

If I want to go to a big town there is always Toronto to hang out at for the weekend.

Its the old school politics that is holding the town from becoming an even better place to live. Taxes drive rich people and companies away. Its a shame too

What part of Canada?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic