Stallworth Going To Prison

H2o

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim's right, says so here in this link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4262751

Stallworth's settlement with the family was TO AVOID A LAWSUIT. The settlement had no bearing on the criminal charges against him.

If you think that the DA did not consult the family and learn what the families wishes were prior to making a plea deal, you are quitre naive

Guest three3

it is supposed to be what society wants. we want way more than 30 days for this murder. we really don't care if the victim's family can be bought off by the rich killer, we want justice

it is supposed to be what society wants. we want way more than 30 days for this murder. we really don't care if the victim's family can be bought off by the rich killer, we want justice

Society elected the FLA DA. I assume that he speaks for society, so what society wanted, and got, was the best possible resolution for the victims family.

It is not about what YOU want, it is about the family, and also, this IS waht society wants. Get off your high horses, if it happened to you, maybe you would choose this solution also.

Guest three3

you should not be able to buy your way out of a long prison sentence. the fact that you can is criminal in itself

If you think that the DA did not consult the family and learn what the families wishes were prior to making a plea deal, you are quitre naive

The settlement had everything to with a future lawsuit. The CRIMINAL punishment was based on whether or not the prosecutor could get a conviction, NOT on the amount of money paid.

you should not be able to buy your way out of a long prison sentence. the fact that you can is criminal in itself

He didn't buy his way out of his prison sentence. His insurance company paid the settlement, the same would happen for any of us.

He didn't buy his way out of his prison sentence. His insurance company paid the settlement, the same would happen for any of us.

Amazing how many mental midgets on here do not understand the difference between a criminal trial (where the prosecution must prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt) and a civil lawsuit where the family wants reparations.

Guest three3

i've never been in the situation. is it really the insurance company that pays the entire settlement? didn't the family negotiate the settlement with stallworth's attorney?

i've never been in the situation. is it really the insurance company that pays the entire settlement? didn't the family negotiate the settlement with stallworth's attorney?
A source told ESPN's Kelly Naqi that while the financial terms of the settlement with the family have not been disclosed, Stallworth was covered by two insurance policies: a car insurance policy and a $5 million umbrella policy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4262751

Guest three3

still, if you can pay giant insurance policies you have an enormous advantage of the rest of us joe schmoes with typical run of the mill coverage

still, if you can pay giant insurance policies you have an enormous advantage of the rest of us joe schmoes with typical run of the mill coverage

Umbrella coverage isn't expensive. You can get a $1 million policy for $300 a year. Stallworth was smarter than Joe Schmoe.

Guest three3
Umbrella coverage isn't expensive. You can get a $1 million policy for $300 a year. Stallworth was smarter than Joe Schmoe.

how about elite attorneys? do those cost $300 a year too?

how about elite attorneys? do those cost $300 a year too?

The insurance company pays for your attorney, and so does the umbrella coverage. You should really crack a book on the subject before you make yourself look even more uniformed.

Guest three3

sorry, i've never had an accident, never needed an attorney and take out run of the mill insurance on my motorcycle/car

The insurance company pays for your attorney, and so does the umbrella coverage. You should really crack a book on the subject before you make yourself look even more uniformed.

You must have a hell of a insurance policy. Mine pays medical and property damage. I see nothing about paying the family to shut up at the trial.