The next great crisis: America's debt

Says the guy with 19000 posts.

And who seems to think that makes me special? Hint: you brought it up.

And if the swine flu was just a little test of a carrier, and instead of carrying a relatively benign flu, carried something much worse, what would the effect on humanity be?

Like, say...cholera?

We're in a cholera pandemic. You probably didn't even notice.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bioweapon part of that is gibberish (so's your analogy - but that's beside the point). Seriously. Your reasoning is so convoluted and unrealistic that I can't even begin to tell you how utterly stupid it is. I wish BiB were still here; we'd be laughing our asses off at how utterly retarded your bioweapon theory is.

But the potential for a deadly flu pandemic has been known for almost a century (i.e. since the last one). The problem is that you can't even begin to discuss it intelligently because you clearly know nothing about the flu virus. I'm pretty sure I know more about the potential for disaster from a flu epidemic than you (and I know at least four people on the board who know more about it than me). But I also don't consider as one of the Four Horsemen a WHO statement of prevalence that says nothing about mortality - probably because unlike you, I do actually know something about it.

Then why don't you explain it? I asked for expertise. You constantly mock other people and say how much you know, but I have yet to see anything of substance. You probably know a lot more about gargling viscous white liquids than do I as well.

Then why don't you explain it? I asked for expertise. You constantly mock other people and say how much you know, but I have yet to see anything of substance. You probably know a lot more about gargling viscous white liquids than do I as well.

How do I explan mutations in a virus that routinely undergoes natural mutations? A virus virulent in humans that is routinely virulent in humans?

You don't need to postulate a conspiracy to create a flu virus that causes pandemic illness. Flu causes pandemic illness all the time. I explain it by saying "It's the goddamned flu."

I don't either, but it sounds really scary, so I'm stocking up on hand sanitizer.

Make sure it's not the sh-- that was recalled for having a high bacteria count.

Myself? I'm stocking up on salt, black pepper, and Kentucky burbon. When civilization goes to sh--, people are going to need spices for food preservation and alcohol for sanitization a LOT more than they'll need silver...

Myself? I'm stocking up on salt, black pepper, and Kentucky burbon. When civilization goes to sh--, people are going to need spices for food preservation and alcohol for sanitization a LOT more than they'll need silver...

Plus, you'll be able to get sh--faced. :doh:

Make sure it's not the sh-- that was recalled for having a high bacteria count.

You will need the silver for vampires and zombies. And hot sauce. You need Frank's red hot sauce.

This is only the first phase. The longer this is out there and expands, the greater the chance for mutation. This flu popped up out of nowhere...and it started in North America. If you were to release this as a weapon....wouldn't it make sense to release it on your own people first when it is a very mild strain in order for them to develop the proper antibodies so that when the final cycle comes around they have a fighting chance? I am far from a bioscientist so anyone with experience feel free to chime in. It seems like the smart play to me. Especially when you know the deadly strain would most likely take hold in the overpopulated part of the world that happens to house 2 billion of your closest enemies.

Feel free to call the bioweapon part of this jibberish, but to underestimate the potential for damage here is folly.

As a bioscientist, i'm qualified to tell you that you're a frickin idiot and a nut job who belongs in the looney bin. Not to mention your grasp of science knowledge is on par with the average 7 year old.

As a bioscientist, i'm qualified to tell you that you're a frickin idiot and a nut job who belongs in the looney bin. Not to mention your grasp of science knowledge is on par with the average 7 year old.

Taking a few codeine with a Miller High Life doesn't qualify you as a bioscientist, son.

Now let the big boys play and call us in 7 years when you are finally out of school.

But I thought the world was going to end in a couple years? :doh:

Or Armageddon been pushed back beyond 7 years?

I know what's been pushed up 7 years.....my cornea transplants from looking at your POS avatar.

I think I'll go find a picture of a giant dildo and use it for my avatar so I can at least compete with you for Message Board Attention Whore.

I think I'll go find a picture of a giant dildo and use it for my avatar

If you're going to go that route, find a picture of an anal dildo. It fits your personality - head up the ass

I know what's been pushed up 7 years.....my cornea transplants from looking at your POS avatar.

All glory to the Hypnotoad :doh:

I think I'll go find a picture of a giant dildo and use it for my avatar so I can at least compete with you for Message Board Attention Whore.

Another thing we agree on? Good thing I'm going on vacation next week; I'm falling apart.

Taking a few codeine with a Miller High Life doesn't qualify you as a bioscientist, son.

Now let the big boys play and call us in 7 years when you are finally out of school.

And playing around on e-trade doesn't qualify you as an economist.

But i got it. I'll wait until i am done with grad school to call you a dumbass. Which is a bit closer to 3 weeks than 7 years. Maybe between now and then you can read a book on influenza, or viruses. Or hell, just start small and maybe look up the definition of pandemic so you don't look like a complete idiot on each and every topic you post about.

Has James Hardy been arrested for gun charges yet? I was just asking, because you said he would be by last december, and you are the self-proclaimed prophet who is never incorrect.

Now let's all be honest with each other - that title belongs to either Skooby or OwensManiac. I don't think /dev/null's hypnotoad or your self-portriat can compete.

The best part of this post is the fact that you're talking to someone who is literally weeks away from his Doctorate in the field. Why don't you tell us your qualifications?

The best part of this post is the fact that you're talking to someone who is literally weeks away from his Doctorate in the field. Why don't you tell us your qualifications?

:rolleyes:

I think it was a Robert Ludlum novel where the Pope's kidnappers tried to teach him how to make the sign of the cross.

I would have pegged him at 19.....sorry for insulting the wunderkind of microbiology.

Well....at least he should have the inside track on curing AIDS. That should make both of you happy.