Supplemental Draft

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/secconf/0-6-229...y-s-Jarmon.html

This is a good explanation of Jeremy Jarmon a DE from Kentucky who last year had 9.5 sacks and 13.5 TFL. Not that we are in dire need of another DE, however he is almost as much of a surprise as Jared Gaither was a few years back for B-more. Just a bad move by a good kid from what I have gathered. Now he has no choice but to go pro the same way Gaither did.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/secconf/0-6-229...y-s-Jarmon.html

This is a good explanation of Jeremy Jarmon a DE from Kentucky who last year had 9.5 sacks and 13.5 TFL. Not that we are in dire need of another DE, however he is almost as much of a surprise as Jared Gaither was a few years back for B-more. Just a bad move by a good kid from what I have gathered. Now he has no choice but to go pro the same way Gaither did.

Thanks Chuk, good find. I'm all for bringing in more players, especially on the lines. We might not be in dire need of DEs but we certainly aren't stacked either.

Beat me to it...

He appears to be first round material, but are they willing to part with that pick to get him?

I believe the option process goes in last year's draft order so they will probably have a shot at him.

Got this off another site....

Jarmon should have somewhere between a fifth- and seventh-round grade. He's 6-foot-3, 280 pounds. In 2007, he was a first-team all-conference performer finishing with 62 tackles, including 13.5 tackles for loss and nine sacks. Last season he had 38 tackles, including 10 for loss and 4.5 sacks.

FWIW, they had him ranked as the 12th best NFL prospect at the DE position, #10 taking out OLB prospects. Certainly doesn't seem like a first rounder now but could have moved up (if this site is even reliable). I would certainly give a 6th to get him.

Thanks Chuk, good find. I'm all for bringing in more players, especially on the lines. We might not be in dire need of DEs but we certainly aren't stacked either.

Agreed, DE's are important positions and if he has talent why not take a flyer, we can't have too many DE's

Beat me to it...

He appears to be first round material, but are they willing to part with that pick to get him?

I believe the option process goes in last year's draft order so they will probably have a shot at him.

He is not worthy of a first round pick. but later maybe. DE's do have value and so do Left Tackles as we all know, and Gaither did not go until the fourth or fifth round, which is higher than this kid should go, so that last post is about right, a six or seven is probably what a team will have to give up for him. A fifth is a bit of a stretch but still worth it if a team is sold on him.

The 10th best DE is worth a 5th or 6th to me but not sure he is a fit with us unless we unload someone from the logjam.

He is not worthy of a first round pick. but later maybe. DE's do have value and so do Left Tackles as we all know, and Gaither did not go until the fourth or fifth round, which is higher than this kid should go, so that last post is about right, a six or seven is probably what a team will have to give up for him. A fifth is a bit of a stretch but still worth it if a team is sold on him.

The 10th best DE is worth a 5th or 6th to me but not sure he is a fit with us unless we unload someone from the logjam.

Dick: "Chris, we need your locker."

Kelsay: "What for?"

Dick: "The rookie we picked up from Kentucky in the supplemental draft."

Kelsay: " :lol: "

This was from a Kentucky sports website concerning Jarmon:

Jarmon is no ordinary player. He was projected as anywhere from a third- to fifth-round pick in the 2009 draft if he had left his name in the player pool instead of deciding to return to Kentucky

If teams look at him as sort of "damged goods" because of his misstep, he'll probably go anywhere from a fifth to a seventh round supplemental pick as mentioned previously.

Here's the full story:

http://kentucky.scout.com/2/870858.html

This was from a Kentucky sports website concerning Jarmon:

If teams look at him as sort of "damged goods" because of his misstep, he'll probably go anywhere from a fifth to a seventh round supplemental pick as mentioned previously.

Here's the full story:

http://kentucky.scout.com/2/870858.html

I doubt Buffalo bids on him. They are stacked at DE right now but if they got him it would be cool. If his only off field transgression is the supplement thing then he's probably learned his lesson about that.

I think if it would only cost a sixth or a seventh we should pick him up. Schobel is an injury risk and our depth at DE isn't that good. He is better than anyone we would draft in the sixth or seventh next year

Yes - probably worth a shot. The highest supp pick I recall in recent years was CIN taking a LB named Ahmad Brooks at a #3 price in 2006.

He showed all that "potential" when he got on the field. Fast, hit hard and so on. CIN thought he was the real deal, but he suffered an early season '07 injury and a recurrence of attitude (which he came in with, hence supplemental draft in his case), so they tossed him into the trash heap.

Too bad. When he played in limited spots in '06, you would watch him and say to yourself that this kid might be something really special.

Old story, I guess...young fellow, pocket suddenly filled with serious jingle, add in adoration of athletes today...

Yes - probably worth a shot. The highest supp pick I recall in recent years was CIN taking a LB named Ahmad Brooks at a #3 price in 2006.

He showed all that "potential" when he got on the field. Fast, hit hard and so on. CIN thought he was the real deal, but he suffered an early season '07 injury and a recurrence of attitude (which he came in with, hence supplemental draft in his case), so they tossed him into the trash heap.

Too bad. When he played in limited spots in '06, you would watch him and say to yourself that this kid might be something really special.

Old story, I guess...young fellow, pocket suddenly filled with serious jingle, add in adoration of athletes today...

Yeah for every Cris Carter and Jared Gather there is a bust like Ahmad Brooks.Ozzie Newsome (GM of the Ravens and the guy who took Gather) says right player right price and I think that that DE from Kentucky would be just that for the Bills.

Yeah but any young guy with money and fame is likely to be exposed to all the vices that come with those things

I doubt Buffalo bids on him. They are stacked at DE right now but if they got him it would be cool. If his only off field transgression is the supplement thing then he's probably learned his lesson about that.

I'd say they have a lot of DE's. They are "stacked" actually means most of them are worth a damn.