A solid win.

I have nothing really to complain about today. 

106114[/snapback]

What the fug are you talking about? You just put up a thread saying we need to fire Gray. Which is it, BF?

Oh, wait. You're right. What you WERE complaining about was, in fact, nothing.

I don't like Jerry Gray, I never have, I think he's terrible.

That doesn't mean I will put his performance in a grouping with the team performance this week. The team was solid.

I guess if you want me to make a negative statement, I would say there were a few coaching gaffes this week.

That's all I can say negaitively.

Even if it is too little too late, the future looks bright.

106123[/snapback]

Don't give up hope -- there's still an outside chance that we go to the playoffs. Don't pull a Wade and give up yet. Yes it's a longshot, but there's still some life. We need to beat the Patriots though, and can only afford one more loss all season. Cross your fingers!

CW

I guess we should fire him because we're not ranked #1?  :D

106175[/snapback]

I guess that's the same mentality as people who say the Bills sucked in the early 90s because they always finished 2nd... :huh:

CW

I don't like Jerry Gray, I never have, I think he's terrible.

106156[/snapback]

WTF??? How the hell is the guy terrible? We've been stuck with the likes of Coy "worse than Kelso" Wire and Izelle "lazy bastard" Reese in our secondary most of the year.......We have no dominant pass rusher......yet we've been in every game this year and our D is ranked #2 in the league.....what the hell, bro?

I won't even complain about the way Terrence McGee got torched today.

PTR

106185[/snapback]

Love the man's return ability but his CB play has me praying for Vincent's return next week.

But if I recall, that was his knock coming out of college as well. Sure seems to handle the nickle better than the starting CB.

I love how many people throw that "#2 defense" crap out there in defense of Gray. How many turnovers did we force the last two years combined? How about sacks? These are stats that make a great defense. Yards allowed doesn't mean anything. We went 13-3 in '90 and '91 with a Walt Corey led defense that gave up tons of yards.

It's all about turnovers and sacks. See how much better the offense looks with a short field? It's Grays defense that up until the last few weeks hasn't been able to deliver that.

I love how many people throw that "#2 defense" crap out there in defense of Gray.  How many turnovers did we force the last two years combined?  How about sacks?  These are stats that make a great defense.  Yards allowed doesn't mean anything.  We went 13-3 in '90 and '91 with a Walt Corey led defense that gave up tons of yards.

It's all about turnovers and sacks.  See how much better the offense looks with a short field?  It's Grays defense that up until the last few weeks hasn't been able to deliver that.

106200[/snapback]

The only stat that REALLY counts is points against - Buffalo is 6th in the league in that category and 3rd overall in the AFC.

Any way you slice it, Buffalo's defense is top notch.

CW

I love how many people throw that "#2 defense" crap out there in defense of Gray.  How many turnovers did we force the last two years combined?  How about sacks?  These are stats that make a great defense.  Yards allowed doesn't mean anything.  We went 13-3 in '90 and '91 with a Walt Corey led defense that gave up tons of yards.

106200[/snapback]

I'll give you turnovers...but sacks? Pffft. How about points scored against? If I'm not mistaken the Bills ranked 4th in the league coming into today...I would double check that figure if I knew where to find it... :D

The only stat that REALLY counts is points against - Buffalo is 6th in the league in that category and 3rd overall in the AFC.

Any way you slice it, Buffalo's defense is top notch.

CW

106228[/snapback]

The biggest thing I care about is a defense that gets turnovers and sacks.

Look how many points we've gotten the last few weeks with a short field?

It makes your offense look a lot better.

The biggest thing I care about is a defense that gets turnovers and sacks.

Look how many points we've gotten the last few weeks with a short field?

It makes your offense look a lot better.

106244[/snapback]

So you'd rather have a defense that allowed 30 points but gets 5 turnovers and 3 sacks a game rather than a defense that allows 10 points but gets no turnovers? I don't think so. That's insane.

CW

Interception.......fumble recovery.......sack.......safety.......season-low output from Curtis Martin. There is no room to hack on our D today.

Guest BillsRebound

Outside of Terence 'Toast' McGee, the defense was excellent. Aside from the Touchdown in front of Clements, I think every completion the Jets made was to McGee's man. One of the worst games I've seen a CB play. Forget the Vincent to safety talk.