Top 10 sports anti-hero list

This is just as personal as the my other pleasant list, no right or wrong answers.. These are local guys I HATED, buecause I thought they sucked, in one way or another(at least to me).. No coaches on this list:)

1) Marvin Barnes-- He destroyed everything he touched and the our NBA went away!

2) Joe Cribbs-- always whinning , talented but me first

3) Christian Laetner-- Yeah a hero at Nichols and Duke but as selfish as they come.

4)Richard Smelick(sp?).. Couldn't stand him.. Seemed like he was a -100 every year. and a wimp to boot

5)Joe Mesi-- Accomplished zero by beating stiffs

6)Alex Molginy-- all that talent all that B.S.

7)Miro Satan-- See above

8)Bills first round busts-- too many to mention..From patulski to M Williams

9) Elmore Smith-- The dummest player to ever play in the NBA

10)Norwood- nuff said!

This is just as personal as the my other pleasant list, no right or wrong answers.. These are local guys I HATED, buecause I thought they sucked, in one way or another(at least to me).. No coaches on this list:)

? Led the league twice in blocked shots, owns the record for most shots blocked in 1 game (17).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmore_Smith

Who knows? Perhaps he even knew how to spell "dumbest"?

Miro Satan didn't really have much in the way of BS like Mogilny did, he was just a guy whose effort was questionable and play was streaky. There are thousands of those guys.

And if Richard Smehlik is one of the most hateful players in local sports, you can't really have been paying much attention. He was a career +62, with only two negative seasons out of nine in Buffalo, both only -9.

Also, congratulations for not liking players who the Bills drafted highly that were unsuccessful in the pros!

I'll give it a go... off the top of my head, in no particular order.

Tom Brady

Dan Marino

Brian Cox

Don Shula

The Iron Sheik

Jeff Gordon

Bill Belichick

Jimmy Johnson

Jerry Jones

Any Boston Red Sock...EVER! (especially Curt Schilling)

Tom Brady

Dan Marino

Brian Cox

Don Shula

The Iron Sheik

Jeff Gordon

Bill Belichick

Jimmy Johnson

Jerry Jones

:rolleyes:

1) Marvin Barnes-- He destroyed everything he touched and the our NBA went away!

3) Christian Laetner-- Yeah a hero at Nichols and Duke but as selfish as they come.

4)Richard Smelick(sp?).. Couldn't stand him.. Seemed like he was a -100 every year. and a wimp to boot

7)Miro Satan-- See above

10)Norwood- nuff said!

You named three Sabres (spelling one correctly) and you didn't name Barrasso? Number 8 encompasses more than one player, Laettner is spelled thusly, and you actually have a problem with Scott Norwood?

Here's an idea: quit dropping by the corner bar in Kenmore for five Genny Cream Ales (I'll bet you add salt!) on the way home when your shift ends at 2pm.

Tom Brady

Dan Marino

Brian Cox

Don Shula

The Iron Sheik

Jeff Gordon

Bill Belichick

Jimmy Johnson

Jerry Jones

Your list consists mostly of teams that whooped our asses. Seems like you're just more of a hater.

I can understand Bryan Cox because his BS with Bills fans was legit, but Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Dan Marino, Jimmy Johnson, and Jerry Jones never did anything other than beat us.

Your list consists mostly of teams that whooped our asses. Seems like you're just more of a hater.

I can understand Bryan Cox because his BS with Bills fans was legit, but Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Dan Marino, Jimmy Johnson, and Jerry Jones never did anything other than beat us.

What was Marino's career record against the Bills?

7)Miro Satan-- See above

10)Norwood- nuff said!

i don't like your list at all. there's not enough guys to hate who DON'T have buffalo connections? what about the usual villains? cox...brady...marino etc.? brett hull? bobby clarke? nice premise for a thread, but...

10)Norwood- nuff said!

1. Jim Kelly - He should have handed the ball off to Thurman Thomas more in SB XXV. But "ball hog" Jim Kelly wanted to throw. Had Kelly not been so greedy the game never would have been in the hands (foot) of Scott Norwood.

Additionally, since leaving the Bills as a player Kelly still continues to hang on. I just wish he would finally GO AWAY!!

2. Thurman Thomas - SB XXVIII Dallas Cowboy Leon Lett BARELY TOUCHES the ball while Thomas is carrying it. The ball comes loose and a Cowboy (don't want to remember who) picks it up and scores a go-ahead TD. Prior to this play the Cowboys were playing like crap and it was looking like the Vince Lombardi trophy was FINALLY coming to Buffalo. But, no. The Cowboys regain their control and....Thanks, Thurman!

I don't see how any real Bills fan could hate Norwood...he was a solid kicker who always gave his all...just happened to miss a kick that was outside his range and shouldn't have been put into a position like that.

In no particular order

1 Willis McGahee

2 Jason Peters

3 Doug Flutie

4 Rob Johnson

5 Bryan Cox

6 Bill Belichick

7 Tom Brady

8 Vince Wilfork

9 Greg Lloyd

10 Al Davis

...5)Joe Mesi-- Accomplished zero by beating stiffs...

I take issue with Joe Mesi. The fight before he bravely won a nasty battle against a very good heavyweight, but received his infamous brain bleeds which ended his career for all intents and purposes, he drew over 15,000 fans into the HSBC arena and beat the crap out of another highly regarded young heavyweight fighter. Those two fights legitimately put him into the top 10 contender list. Who knows if he had the talent to win the championship, probably not, but a nobody out of Buffalo, NY making it into the top 10 is pretty damn good if you ask me!

As for your local anti-hero list, I only have one name to make up my top 10:

1-10) O.J. "Killer" Simpson. Presently spending about 9 years where he should have been spending the rest of his life, in prison. What a complete insane, egocentric, myopic, criminal he turned out to be after his NFL career ended! I always thought he and his oldest son teamed up to kill those innocent people. Well, he was legally aquitted and his son has never even been accused. Only God knows the truth, but I still hate the man anyway. It was fun watching him take that 9 years in the big house for breaking and entering with a loaded weapon.