Was it ever un-official?

His re-emphasizing that he only signed a 1 year deal seems to be indicative of his mind set at the moment; that, at the present time, he can't foresee his stay in Buffalo lasting more than 1 yr. Of course, a lot can change in one year's time, and we have no idea where his head will be at 1 yr from now. However, in an uncapped year where the league's heavyweights may well engage in an arms race to stack their rosters as best as they can for 2010, I think the odds are definitely slim that TO is back next year.

You need to take the class, as well. He only signed a one year deal. The rest of your post is speculative, and does not follow any definitive logic. It is as if you are trying to read his mind. I'd avoid that.

The OP said this statement "sealed the deal", it doesn't. It really is a nothing statement, as he only signed a one year deal, and likely has NO idea what will happen next year.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to take the class, as well. He only signed a one year deal. The rest of your post is speculative, and does not follow any definitive logic. It is as if you are trying to read his mind. I'd avoid that.

The OP said this statement "sealed the deal", it doesn't. It really is a nothing statement, as he only signed a one year deal, and likely has NO idea what will happen next year.

Are you reading my posts? ;)

If it's one year.. I can live with that and enjoy the show.

Anyway: his house hunting is not a reliable indicator of his frame of mind. He already OWNS three houses in three other cities already. He may not want to buy, regardless of Bills deal length.

I know I wouldn't want a forth house. I don't even want one house.

Real estate is a good investment for high earning folks anyway, he might as well buy maybe.

In fact, I teach a class on logic for the LSAT. And the flaw that you now exhibited is the hypocrisy in saying you would avoid trying to read his mind by interpreting his statement... and then doing the exact same thing yourself. Maybe, he meant nothing as you insist by reemphasizing that he only has a one year contract... or maybe he is stressing that point to demonstrate how unlikely it is that he would be here for more than 1 yr. I think, he, like most people, would naturally be upset about being denied a rental property that they want and applied for. His twitter statements are reflective of that displeasure, and that the fact that he is being denied is reflective of Buffalo's small town mentality and how far he now is from the bright lights. But I agree that it is an inexact science to gauge people's feelings based on little snippets of conversation.

The difference is while I concede that I'm not sure what the statement is indicative of, you are quite certain that it is a Nothing statement because your logical skills must be so vastly superior to other people's.

In fact, I teach a class on logic for the LSAT. And the flaw that you now exhibited is the hypocrisy in saying you would avoid trying to read his mind by interpreting his statement... and then doing the exact same thing yourself.

I must have missed the section on hypocrisy when I was taking logic classes.

In fact, I teach a class on logic for the LSAT. And the flaw that you now exhibited is the hypocrisy in saying you would avoid trying to read his mind by interpreting his statement...

I pity the students. I did nothing of the sort. Actually, I said we shouldn't try to read his mind, and make anything out of this, as there is nothing that can be made of it, with any sort of certainty. He has a one year contract. Saying anything else about it, is shear speculation, and there is no one logical conclusion the be drawn here...except for one: He has a one year contract.

When I said "it's a nothing statement", I didn't mean he definitely meant nothing by it, but that we can conclude nothing from it. Except of course for one thing: He has a one year contract.

I must have missed the section on hypocrisy when I was taking logic classes.

There is a difference between teaching logic, and teaching logic for the LSAT.

With the inner bills fan squabbles, you all are missing the common sleeping enemy: the canadians. The canadians have infiltrated twitter and are whispering that TO should live in TO.

Everyone, we must rise up and kill put down as many of these uppity and inferior neighbors to the north as we can! Rise up my friends! Rise up!

;)

With the inner bills fan squabbles, you all are missing the common sleeping enemy: the canadians. The canadians have infiltrated twitter and are whispering that TO should live in TO.

Everyone, we must rise up and kill put down as many of these uppity and inferior neighbors to the north as we can! Rise up my friends! Rise up!

:beer:

I thought it was a done deal. I read here that TO was living in Toronto. Remember that?

;)

TO's Tweet from 20 minutes ago:

terrellowens81apparently sum1 needs 2 sit wozniak down & let him kno i signed a 1-yr deal & it doesn't makes sense 2 buy a house. damage control perhaps?

I guess there was never a reason to consider his deal could be more than a one and done, but this sort of seals it, for now at least.

Bills could always franchise him after next season...not saying they will but unless it was in his contract that they couldnt they could put the tag on him

Guest dog14787

;)

It might be to late, TO has TO's name written all over it. :beer:

geez you know it's a slow news day when you are arguing logic on a message board haha..find a hobby/job everybody ;)

...btw i agree TO's 'tweet' means nothing and it's all speculation at best if he plans on staying here any longer than a year...i mean there's no law that states TO cannot rent a house for two years..three years..etc if he wants to

;):beer:

crap. i was just pretty sure that TO wasn't buying a house for a year until he decided if he wasn't staying, or if he was just planning on renting a house from someone who didn't want him and his drama. he twittered all about it, pretty much clearly summing up his feelings. then, i just saw something on on his facebook about his youtube account still having a picture of him in his cowboys uniform.

is he going to sign with us or not? this is bullsh*t. we gotta know what his plans are.

If TO has a great year, stays out of (media) trouble and the bills make the playoffs it would be hard to see him staying with the bills beacause hard to picture Ralph paying two top flight recievers unless the marketing ploy pays out.

If another team needs a top reciever to take that next step. some success in buffalo will probably lead to another big payday for him.

If TO has a bad year he won't want to stay with the bills as it will probably be all TE's fault.

I'd lay down a grand it's "one and done" for TO. any takers?

There is a difference between teaching logic, and teaching logic for the LSAT.

not really, logic is logic, man...especially basic sh-- like this

It's like Math, there's just rules...doesn't matter how you learn it or why.

That said, anyone who needed this thread to tell them that TO is here on a one year deal and probably won't be back is willfully ignorant.

In fact, I teach a class on logic for the LSAT. And the flaw that you now exhibited is the hypocrisy in saying you would avoid trying to read his mind by interpreting his statement... and then doing the exact same thing yourself. Maybe, he meant nothing as you insist by reemphasizing that he only has a one year contract... or maybe he is stressing that point to demonstrate how unlikely it is that he would be here for more than 1 yr. I think, he, like most people, would naturally be upset about being denied a rental property that they want and applied for. His twitter statements are reflective of that displeasure, and that the fact that he is being denied is reflective of Buffalo's small town mentality and how far he now is from the bright lights. But I agree that it is an inexact science to gauge people's feelings based on little snippets of conversation.

The difference is while I concede that I'm not sure what the statement is indicative of, you are quite certain that it is a Nothing statement because your logical skills must be so vastly superior to other people's.

Uh, the rental property was NOT in Buffalo. That's like saying he was denied a rental property in a quiet residential neighborhood OUTSIDE of Dallas and is now realizing he's not in the big city of Philly anymore.

I highly doubt if he were to inquire about a rental property in, say, the East side of Buffalo (I know, I know) he would be denied for fear of "drama". Same could be said for any big city, and in turn, same could be said for any quiet residential nieghborhood.

Sorry dude, but for someone who teaches "logic", I find it mind boggling that you would make a comment like the one above, relating Buffalo to a small neighborhood in Orchard Park, and blanket that statement to an entire city because of 1 person saying they'd rather do without the circus that is T.O. I find your post to be of no logic whatsoever, and bid you farewell.....