Pats* Think McKelvin Was Weakspot

The game could have been tied 3-3 at the half, if not for Preston being a moron. Then in the 2nd half, Trent got sacked and fumbled and the Pats scored a TD on the next series, and the offense couldn't do jack squat after that. Not that it mattered. The Bills' season was well over by that game, and the Patriots* missed the playoffs. <_<

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Schobel has more career sacks against Tom Brady than any other player in the league.

if true, its a stupid and irrelevant stat. The only one that matters, is his record vs the pats(or brady's record vs Bills), and its not a good w-l record

The game could have been tied 3-3 at the half, if not for Preston being a moron. Then in the 2nd half, Trent got sacked and fumbled and the Pats scored a TD on the next series, and the offense couldn't do jack squat after that. Not that it mattered. The Bills' season was well over by that game, and the Patriots* missed the playoffs. <_<

Definitely, Preston was a total bone-head on that play.

if true, its a stupid and irrelevant stat. The only one that matters, is his record vs the pats(or brady's record vs Bills), and its not a good w-l record

It does suggest that Shobel doesn't lie down and suck against the Pats*, as was implied, though.

They will line up heavy in the box and on the defensive line, and bull rush our "LT" and rookie guards.

Even I can suss that one out!

yup, and thats when you go deep to evans. Bellicheat will probably have his 3-4 defense all stand up at the line (like they did to us a couple of seasons ago) to confuse the linemen on who is actually rushing the QB

A good coach will adjust to that, but unfortunatley, we have jauron

It does suggest that Shobel doesn't lie down and suck against the Pats*, as was implied, though.

Shobel, and all the other tenured Bills, are the Patriots bitches. It is a disgrace the record for the last several years.

Like when we went 0 for the 70s against the Dolphins.

This current streak against the Pats, cannot be coincidence.

i hear ya man, but it seems like the whole team just lays down for the "nfl favorite almighty pats. I hope aaron rebounds and has a great year, but i just dont know about him. Hopefully he proves me wrong and we beats those !@#$ers when it counts!!! Go Bills

yup, and thats when you go deep to evans. Bellicheat will probably have his 3-4 defense all stand up at the line (like they did to us a couple of seasons ago) to confuse the linemen on who is actually rushing the QB

My hope and prayer:

Trent can stay unconcussed for enough series to get a few passes to TO who can open it up for us.

Hate to pin our hopes on a 35 yr old, but, it will be first game of the season, he will have fresh legs. And as I think the emphasis will be loading the box and getting the pass rush for the Pats, coverage should be very light at least until we prove we can get past light coverage.

That's why they play the game!

They change their game plan when they play the Bills? <_<...joke is on them!!

When I read that, I had to clean the keyboard. Ahhh.. it's going to be a fun season no matter what happens.

My hope and prayer:

Trent can stay unconcussed for enough series to get a few passes to TO who can open it up for us.

Hate to pin our hopes on a 35 yr old, but, it will be first game of the season, he will have fresh legs. And as I think the emphasis will be loading the box and getting the pass rush for the Pats, coverage should be very light at least until we prove we can get past light coverage.

That's why they play the game!

Well, we always have Fitzpatpatsack in the wings. He had a pair of excellent WRs last year to throw to and came out looking like a steaming cow pie. The olfactory assault lessen over the season (or people bought nose plugs) as he led the Bengals to the most ineffective passing game in the modern era of professional football. But, hey, TO and anybody are clearly balls better than Ocho Cincho and Whosyourmama. <_<

I believe Schobel has more career sacks against Tom Brady than any other player in the league.

Yeah, he was way off target. The Pats* have a very healthy respect for Schobel.

I would correct the OP's post to "Pats THOUGHT McKelvin Was Weakspot."

He was a rookie. Not much more to be said. Rookies are weak spots. It's fairly natural. He will understand the game much better this year. Of course, the Pats are likely to find another weak spot. Ellison, perhaps? Byrd, if he plays, or whoever plays opposite Donte at safety, maybe?

No. Schobel has about as much to do with the Bills record against the Pats as, say, Donte does. Or Poz. Or whoever. Which is to say, about 5%, maybe a bit more or less. The Bills lost that game AS A TEAM. Anyone who thinks Schobel was responsible is simply clueless.

It is the opposite of a stupid and irrelevant stat. It shows that he plays well against the Pats* for whatever reason. And that's a good thing.

Going deep to Evans takes a long time and won't work if they are successful against our very young and inexperienced o-line. Screens and well-designed quick-hitters would work well, with, yes, the occasional deep ball mixed in, but only if you are using max protect on that play. Have him throw it away if Evans isn't open.

Yeah, you can bet that the Pats* will work on confusing the o-line and working on their lack of experience with each other. Definitely in the first game anyway.

Yeah, who do ya reckon will be our other starting reciever anyway? Its not like we have someone for that spot who stands out or anything.

<_< Good point. Evans is BY FAR the best WR Owens has even played with, and that includes Roy Williams.

<_< Good point. Evans is BY FAR the best WR Owens has even played with, and that includes Roy Williams.

Although TO played with Rice, who was better, Sisyphean Bills has officially gone off the deep end.

They will line up heavy in the box and on the defensive line, and bull rush our "LT" and rookie guards.

Even I can suss that one out!

I'd say they'd speed rush our LT and stunt and blitz our rookie guards in to abject confusion.

Although TO played with Rice, who was better, Sisyphean Bills has officially gone off the deep end.

Not mentioning Evans by name is "going off the deep end"? <_< I thought other Bills fans wouldn't need me to spell out his name. Yes, it's Lee Evans.

Why would anyone that is not a dingledorf make a big deal about it?