State of Emergency Declared in Iraq

todd

Here you go

So sorry. It was a big huge sign. Isn't that great?

105689[/snapback]

This has been argued over and over. I asked when did Bush utter those words. You show me a sign. Unless he barfed up those words on to the sign or ordered that sign written they are not his words. Did he order that sign written? I don't know and neither do you. So there is no sense in arguing an unprovable point.

This has been argued over and over.  I asked when did Bush utter those words.  You show me a sign.  Unless he barfed up those words on to the sign or ordered that sign written they are not his words.  Did he order that sign written?  I don't know and neither do you.  So there is no sense in arguing an unprovable point.

105694[/snapback]

Thanks again Bill.

What is your definition of "is" Mr. Clinton?

You righties are so funny sometimes. Pot, kettle, and all that.

Let's see, Chef Jim.

He's been asked many times on many interviews if he would do it all the same again, Mission Accomplished sign and everything, and he's said yes.

I think Iraq is going to get more violent, and Iraq needed to declare this a while ago, as well as attacking fallujah. However, Bush wouldn't and couldn't have this happen during the reelection campaign as it would give ammo to Kerry.

Thanks again Bill.

What is your definition of "is" Mr. Clinton?

You righties are so funny sometimes. Pot, kettle, and all that.

105811[/snapback]

Never once in that speech did Bush say mission accomplished. On the contrary he stated there was a lot of work yet to do. The administration said they had nothing to do with the sign. If they did it was stupid, however you have no proof they did.

Say Bush makes a speech at a restaurant that has a sign over his head that states "All Meals Free on Fridays" would you say that Bush said the restaurant was giving away free meals on Friday?

This has been argued over and over.  I asked when did Bush utter those words.  You show me a sign.  Unless he barfed up those words on to the sign or ordered that sign written they are not his words.  Did he order that sign written?  I don't know and neither do you.  So there is no sense in arguing an unprovable point.

105694[/snapback]

Whatever. Friggin apologists sicken me. The white house admitted that it had a hand in it. Now where does the president reside? OH THE WHITE HOUSE!

Is it so difficult for you to admit that Bush & his staff were wrong? Iraq is turning into a cesspool.

Whatever. Friggin apologists sicken me. The white house admitted that it had a hand in it. Now where does the president reside? OH THE WHITE HOUSE!

Is it so difficult for you to admit that Bush & his staff were wrong? Iraq is turning into a cesspool.

106154[/snapback]

Iraq already was a cesspool. You can pretend it wasn't a haven for international terrorism, but that just makes you stupid.

For all you Hot Pocket eating, soundbite loving, Bush hating, one dimensional thinking libbers, the "Mission Accomplished" sign was put on there specifically for the crew of the Aircraft Carrier as they were returning home after THEIR mission was accomplished and Bush went there to thank THEM and give thanks to all the US troops on television.

DING!

For all you Hot Pocket eating, soundbite loving, Bush hating, one dimensional thinking libbers, the "Mission Accomplished" sign was put on there specifically for the crew of the Aircraft Carrier as they were returning home after THEIR mission was accomplished and Bush went there to thank THEM and give thanks to all the US troops on television.   

DING!

106625[/snapback]

I suppose Bush announced the end of major military action in Iraq while standing under the banner as a sign of solidarity with the returning sailors too, right?

IMO, W goofed by announcing the end of major combat operations. Posturing under the banner on board a carrier only magnified his folly. So what? Who cares?

All of that crap is politics, and when compared to the stevestojan that's about to hit the fan in Fallujah, debating whether a politician has made an ass out of himself or not seems rather trivial, no?

106154[/snapback]

Hey todd...take a chill pill man, you are going to pop a gasket.

Lets just look at the fatcs:

1) GWB ever said Mission Accomplished. I know that you wish he did, but he simply never said it.

2) Iraq is not going perfectly, but really a "cesspool" I don't think so. I for one think that issuing the 60 day marshall law is long overdue. Just had to wait for the election to get done. Now real progress will be made in a realitively short period of time. It will not be easy, but it is worth it, and the end result will be better for our country and our grandchildren.

3) GWB won, and kerry lost...get over it. <_<

How about "Catastrophic Success"?!  That beats "mission accomplished" any day.

106820[/snapback]

That quote was furst uttered by the general who was on the ground as we pushed our way towards bagdad. He said it in the context of the push to bagdad was easier then first thought and he referred to it as a "Catastrophic Success". Actually it kind of makes sense when it is put into the proper context. GWB basically was making the same analogy. Therefore the quote made sense to those who understood the context.

Now to those who wanted to make a stupid campaign slogon out of it....well we all see where they ended up. Just food for thought. I guess if you want to stand with that crowd, then perhaps you can consider yourself an "underachieving success"

That quote was furst uttered by the general who was on the ground as we pushed our way towards bagdad. He said it in the context of the push to bagdad was easier then first thought and he referred to it as a "Catastrophic Success". Actually it kind of makes sense when it is put into the proper context. GWB basically was making the same analogy. Therefore the quote made sense to those who understood the context.

Now to those who wanted to make a stupid campaign slogon out of it....well we all see where they ended up. Just food for thought. I guess if you want to stand with that crowd, then perhaps you can consider yourself an "underachieving success"

107472[/snapback]

At a campaign stop in West Virginia, US President George W. Bush defended the decision to invade Iraq, calling the campaign a “catastrophic success”.

"Had we to do it over again, we would look at the consequences of catastrophic success, being so successful so fast that an enemy that should have surrendered or been done in escaped and lived to fight another day." —George W. Bush, telling Time magazine that he underestimated the Iraqi resistance (August 30, 2004)

And since you just can't seem to address any of my posts without making it personal: you can just consider yourself a bigoted uninformed dumbass.

How foolish Bush was.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/11/07/...main/index.html

105645[/snapback]

That he executed the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, pushed for by, passed by Congress, and signed by Clinton? The one that Kerry voted for? See link below.

http://www.iraqwatch.org/government/US/Legislation/ILA.htm

Short memory, Todd... :D