What does this mean to you?

The launching point was 2006-early 2007.

How do you figure, when the improvement didn't come until 2008?

All I'm saying is there was an offensive improvement from 2007 to 2008. This could mean absolutely nothing, or it could be the beginning of an upward trend. Your money is on the former, seemingly. But with inexperience at both quarterback and offensive coordinator, there's a chance the offense will continue to get better as Edwards and Schonert get better at their jobs. And, again, there's more weapons this year than last.

I'd rather have an offense with an identity minus big weapons than a team that goes away from the run inexplicably when it's working. The away MIA and SF games illustrate that ad infinitum.

I agree completely, this tendency was incredibly frustrating. Schonert needs to stop outthinking himself and just do whats working sometimes.

...This team, from the middle of 08 forward had no offensive identity. They weren't a running team and they couldn't pass the ball much either. I expect the HC, in concert with the OC to have that down at the beginning of the season. I guess that's too much for a coach who wins less than 43% of his games and an OC who couldn't get promoted until he'd been a QBC for 10+ seasons in the NFL.

In the middle of 08' i billeve it was JP at the helm with a scared stupid Edwards following that! I would think that that explains things. When you talk about progress, you can't say that all progress stopped and we lost our identity...MOST TEAMS DO WHEN THEY LOSE THEIR STARTING QB. It was JP not a relapse in progress. We have been making progress and albeit slow we got off to a hot start and got derailed by Adrian Wilson! That is what happened...no reason we couldn't build off of the start we had last year and hopefully we stay healthy!

And yet with all those statistical areas improving, the team magically went 7-9 with the 2nd easiest schedule in the NFL. Improving offensively with an easy schedule is a moot point IMO. This should be anticipated and not highlighted.

When a team's offense has all the lethality of a squirt gun in a fire fight, other teams are content to kill the clock and play their own offense fairly close to the vest. Teams like the Patriots are going to save their best tricks for the big games. The Bills played a lot of poor teams -- 2nd easiest schedule in the NFL -- and still gave up 121 yds/gm on the ground. That's not in the horrible range (Browns, Rams, Chiefs, Raiders, and Lions), but it is 22nd overall and in a cluster of teams that were below average.

Our offense vastly improved last year, there is no doubting that.

If the offense was so much better in 2008- showing some consistency in converting some 3rd downs, how can it be that our OL was completely useless as many posters allege???

I would think that the learning curve on the 2009 OL will heavily impact the carryover of that 2008 success to 2009.