Almost Don't Believe This One

Well, I really hate to agree with you, but that's pretty !@#$ed up. In fairness, it sounds like a solitary jackass was the cause of this mess. Get ready for a kumbaya thread.

Oh, and !@#$ the Sharks! Nice early exit...again. :lol:

I don't really have much I can come back with. At least they made it too the playoffs? sigh :lol:

The supervisor is an ass...but am I the only one that thinks the flag should have been taken down simply because a 3'x5' flag is insanely big for an office display?

Yeah, but it was for Memorial Day. The supervisor could have thought to himself "Well, that's a little gaudy." But he should never have asked her to take it down.

The supervisor is an ass...but am I the only one that thinks the flag should have been taken down simply because a 3'x5' flag is insanely big for an office display?

Sure. And based on the woman's quotes, I'm going to guess she may have some personality issues, too.

I have little to go on, other than my gut, on this, but I'm guessing this woman isn't well liked, and the manager is a bit of a douche, too.

This is what happens when everyone makes a bad decision, and then handles the consequences poorly.

But I am in agreement that it was probably a bad idea to have her take it down, especially since it was near Memorial Day.

Sure. And based on the woman's quotes, I'm going to guess she may have some personality issues, too.

I have little to go on, other than my gut, on this, but I'm guessing this woman isn't well liked, and the manager is a bit of a douche, too.

This is what happens when everyone makes a bad decision, and then handles the consequences poorly.

But I am in agreement that it was probably a bad idea to have her take it down, especially since it was near Memorial Day.

You're guessing who isn't well liked? The woman who hung the flag?

Yes. Bit of a whack-job, I'm guessing.

Why is that? because her husband and son served in the military and her daughter is currently deployed? Forgive her if she's a bit Patriotic on memorial Day. :thumbsup:

What a kook.

Why is that? because her husband and son served in the military and her daughter is currently deployed? Forgive her if she's a bit Patriotic on memorial Day. :thumbsup:

What a kook.

You object to me guessing a woman I have never met might be a whack-job, but you don't mention my calling her boss (who I also have not met), "a douche"?

WTF does her husband and son serving in the military have to do with this woman's personality? You think no mothers, or wives of soldiers are a little touched?

Overreactions everywhere in that story... the supervisor was stupid doing that especially with Memorial Day but the woman's reaction is excessive! Frankly what kind of "freedom" is the one that allows you to display a giant flag (whatever it may represents) in your office (a private property and not yours!) ?

Nope.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/patriotism.at.office.2.1020415.html

"The disagreement was over the size of the flag and not what it symbolized. We have invited the employee to put the flag back up."