CNNSI Ranks the best backfields in the NFL...

Now i know we do not have a quality backup QB, but if other backfields include multiple RB's, why is Jackson and Rhodes not a part of the equation. They simply put it "what were we thinking". When Moss was a headcase and went to NE in a steal, it was amazing, we sign a headcase and we are out of our skulls. I hate how the bills are crapped on my "experts" because they simply do not spend enough time looking at the bills because they are a team that is simply written off as a small market, non-important team.

Nothing was worse than when the retarded Marshall Faulk spoke crap about the bills and had no idea of players' names or positions. It is appauling!

Well New England comes in at #4 because of:

Tom Brady - hasn't played since week 1 of 2008

Lawrence Maroney- hasn't played since week 2 of 2008

Fred Taylor- 33 years old and coming off his worst statistical season since he missed all of 2001.

So just which reality did you guys EXPECT this list to be generated from!?

I hope you are not in the LABillsfan pool. You've officially lost not putting the * on the cheating bastards name. :blink:

Since when is Owens part of our backfield. And I agree that getting rid of Peters was a bad idea, but again, since when is your LT part of your backfield?

I like to give articles a chance, so I rarely say something like this, but ... this article is crap.

A decent evaluation would probably put us somewhere around 17 - 23. Our RBs are excellent and our QB is unproven and inconsistent but with a chance of improvement.

Seems like it's just another opportunity for CNN/SI to ball-wash the Pat*s.

I can't believe that they ranked the Bills lower than the Texans, Broncos & Jets. Does the rest of the football world really have that low of an opinion of is? Small reality check: the Bills did finish 7-9 the past 3 years; not 2-14 . . .

So this is ranking quarterback and running back play, in the context of offensive line play and wide receivers. Or in other words, how many yards the RBs are going to run for and how many yards the QB is going to pass for.

You know, "offense"

What do you know? Another example of nobody outside of Buffalo thinking Fred fricking Jackson is anything other than a JAG. The only above avg player in your backfield is Lynch. Jackson has less than 1000 yds rushing in his career, Edwards has not shown anything and Rhodes is a 30 yr old career backup who's averaged 3.5 yds/carry over the last 4 yrs and can't block a lick. The ranking is justified.

My guess won't be long he'll be seeking new employment. Maybe he was appointed by Obama.

Actually, he already is -- he was one of the latest cuts at the Chicago Tribune, laid off last month.

Out of respect to him, I won't ask the obvious question about how much someone who covered the Bears could possibly know about NFL offenses ...

This whole article is fluff. Rubbish can't believe I made it to the Pat* before I decided it was shiit.

Maroney has been such a disappointment in NE they almost cut him last year, and hen decided to just leave him inactive for a lot of games instead...

I do not see how Terrell Owens factors into a backfield discussion. How does Fred Jackson not get mentioned in there? The guy is one of the best backups in the NFL and is a tremendous receiver. I dunno, this just sounds stupid...judge the team position by position and go from there....

at the RB position by itself, the bills are no worse than 10th...

What the hell does it take to get an Internet sports writing gig these days? I swear that Generalissimo Francisco Franco could do a better job than 80% of the folks employed by these (once) legit outlets...

What the hell does it take to get an Internet sports writing gig these days? I swear that Generalissimo Francisco Franco could do a better job than 80% of the folks employed by these (once) legit outlets...

Mullin spent a lot of years at the Trib covering the Bears, going all the way back to Ditka's tenure there. I suspect his resume could get him a job at most any paper ... that is, if any papers were still hiring instead of firing.

Add: That fact has nothing to do with this story; I'm equally unimpressed by it.

The NFL is all about winning. That is why the Patsies* get all this respect, even thought they cheat, they win a lot. Actually all sports is about winning. The Bills haven't made the playoffs in 9 years and most major media publications expect that total to reach at least 10. So no matter what individual Bill or group of Bills is referenced by national media types they will almost always be rated below what we would expect--because they haven't made the team win.

Chuck Knox announced the day he was hired in 1978 that the Buffalo Bills exist for only one reason--to win football games. Once we get back to that mentality and have the ability to make it happen we will get respect in the league, not before. Marv Levy said talent without character loses. I say character without talent also loses.

All that being said another problem with being a losing franchise is writers don't even take the trouble to research the team, like realizing that Fred Jackson is a major factor as a RB for the Bills.