Now or never

Hey guys, new to the site.

Do you think this is Trents last year to get things right and if so, if the Bills miss out on the playoff do you see them drafting one of the four QB's due to come out of college next year?

Do you think this is Trents last year to get things right and if so, if the Bills miss out on the playoff do you see them drafting one of the four QB's due to come out of college next year?

Trent is about injuries really. The Adrian Wilson concusion killed his season last year. We have a brand new OL, not one returning player at the same position.

So, Trent may well be knocked out again, quick.

Lucky we have Fitzpatrick to ably fill in then. Proven talent.

I think we do use a high draft pick on a qb next year.

Trent is about injuries really. The Adrian Wilson concusion killed his season last year. We have a brand new OL, not one returning player at the same position.

Yeah Fitzpatrick is real proven talent.

It is most likely the last year to get things right for several members of the Bills team. Starting with the painfully obvious; the head coach. Then Schonert, maybe Fewell and even Edwards.

Regardless of how Edwards does this season, I would love to see the Bills draft Tebow, although I'm in the minority on that. I think he is going to polish his QB skills this year at UF and do for some NFL team, exactly what he has done throughout his high school and college career: lead and win.

The naysayers will now chip in.......

Obviously it depends on how his play is. I can imagine a scenario where he has a solid year and we still miss the playoffs. In any case, it'll come down to the opinion of the new coaching staff/FO. :w00t:

Great point about it coming down to the opinion of the new coaching staff/FO. If we miss the playoffs again, and fail to improve by at least two games, I think it would be really difficult to bring back Jauron and Co. If Trent plays well, avoids injuries, and truly shines, even if we brought in an entirely new staff, it would be difficult for them to want to replace a young, budding *potentially* star QB. But if he performs mediocre at best, continues to be injury prone, then yes, I could definitely see them going after a QB with a 1st day pick...

It is most likely the last year to get things right for several members of the Bills team. Starting with the painfully obvious; the head coach. Then Schonert, maybe Fewell and even Edwards.

Regardless of how Edwards does this season, I would love to see the Bills draft Tebow, although I'm in the minority on that. I think he is going to polish his QB skills this year at UF and do for some NFL team, exactly what he has done throughout his high school and college career: lead and win.

The naysayers will now chip in.......

Personally, I'm not sold on Tebow as a being a great NFL QB just yet. But I will say this, you are right, he is a proven winner down there at UF. That is something you want in your leader, and on your team, and in your locker room. I still wonder though, if what he's doing at Florida will be the same thing he'll be able to do in the NFL.

But you are definitely correct in this being a make or break year for SEVERAL bills players/coaches.

Personally, I'm not sold on Tebow as a being a great NFL QB just yet. But I will say this, you are right, he is a proven winner down there at UF. That is something you want in your leader, and on your team, and in your locker room. I still wonder though, if what he's doing at Florida will be the same thing he'll be able to do in the NFL.

But you are definitely correct in this being a make or break year for SEVERAL bills players/coaches.

Take away Tebow's running ability and he is a very average QB. The NFL is a pocket passer's league, and we would be much better off with a Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford.

Take away Tebow's running ability and he is a very average QB. The NFL is a pocket passer's league, and we would be much better off with a Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford.

I have to agree with you. If Trent ends up not being our answer at QB(I'm hoping and praying he will be), then I'd much rather see Buffalo drafting McCoy or Bradford over Tebow. I would be surprised to see Tebow drafted in the first round, unless this year he really shows he can air it out on a consistent basis and be that pocket passer when he needs to be, in addition to being a great running threat. One thing about his running too, is that he isn't the fastest or most elusive runner when he does take off. I don't think he would have the success running the ball in the pro level that he has had in college...

I'd take Bradford in a heartbeat. I think he has the mechanics and the smarts to handle a pro system.

Tebow's completion percentage is an average of 65.8, McKoy's is 70, Bradfords is 68.7

McKoy has the edge but I will still take Tebow because of his leadership abilities and his history of winning.

Tebow's completion percentage is an average of 65.8, McKoy's is 70, Bradfords is 68.7

McKoy has the edge but I will still take Tebow because of his leadership abilities and his history of winning.

Except when you look beyond the superficial numbers, McCoy and Bradford beat him in every category.

They throw better balls (ie. spirals)

They read defenses better

They are are more accurate

They have more experience running pocket passing offenses

Their fundamentals aren't garbage

The list goes on and on.

Except when you look beyond the superficial numbers, McCoy and Bradford beat him extremely easily in every category.

The list goes on and on.

There are no right or wrong answers with young QB's today. Not since 2000, when the Pats drafted Tom Brady as an after-thought in the 6th round. It is way more of a crap shoot then it was 15 - 20 years ago, when you gave a rookie QB 5 years to grow into the position. Look at Lost-man, he's only going into his 6th season, just about the absolute prime of his career, and it looks like there are 0 out of 32 teams that even want him as a back up. On the other hand, Joe Flacco walks into the NFL, yes as a first round pick, due to his pure size and arm strength, but from a lower division college. Nobody thought he would start from day one, and not only did he start from day one, but played way better then expected.

Edwards is more in the middle of those two examples. Playing way better then expected drafted in the 3rd round from a bad Stanford team, yet not excelling as much as we would all love him to excell. No, this season is absolutely not "make or break" for him. But it would be great to see him stay upright and play all 16 games, and all evidence points to him having a break out season, if he can.

OK guys, as we all know, Madden 09 can tell the future and in a recent franchise I created I made the bold move of trading Edwards for Favre and then drafted Stafford. Surprisingly enough, our beloved Trent became a Pro Bowler his first year at the Jets. Therefore, Trent will become a Pro Bowl caliber QB very soon. It's just that simple :w00t:

OK guys, as we all know, Madden 09 can tell the future and in a recent franchise I created I made the bold move of trading Edwards for Favre and then drafted Stafford. Surprisingly enough, our beloved Trent became a Pro Bowler his first year at the Jets. Therefore, Trent will become a Pro Bowl caliber QB very soon. It's just that simple :w00t:

Well Madden does predict games ( against the spread ) with a 57% accuracy and thats probably as good as any expert. I also think that its accuracy jumps to around 60% if you don't go with the spread. Once again I forgot who did this unscientific study of Maddens accuracy but its sounds about right to me at least.

As for Trent this year he has to at least show three things. One the ability to stay healthy and play through minor injuries. Two the ability to make longer range throws. Three the ability to be able to beat good teams.

If the Bills go 8-8 and miss the playoffs but Trent throws for like 24 TD's less than 13 ints and still has his 65% completion percentage and plays in all or most of the games than I could see a new coaching staff keeping him. The only thing that is a concern is that he has an offensive line that is completely gutted and stating 2 rookies.

Trent has the weapons and the ground game but lets just see how it all comes together around him and the o-line

Except when you look beyond the superficial numbers, McCoy and Bradford beat him extremely easily in every category.

The list goes on and on.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.....

so did Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Heath Shuler, Rick Mirer, Todd Marinovich, Akili Smith and that list goes on and on and on, speaking of superficial numbers. All of that amounts to phffft. I could make the same meaningless statement about Dick Jauron's NFL playing experience and so-called knowledge of football, which as we all know, translates verbatim into a 7-9 career record.

Most so-called "experts" said the same thing about Doug Flutie. I'll take a guy who comes up short on stats but excels in the "win" and "leadership" categories

every

single

day.

There are reasons Tebow has been so successful his entire career and when people get past their myopia on "stats", they will actually recognize what they are.

I have to admit though I believe at the minute bradford or colt would be a better pick theres something about tebow that makes me want to route for him to be our pick if this year is yet another bust. That fighting quality he brings to the team is hard to ignore.

I agree that Trent is about injuries. Another major concussion and we are talking possible end of career not just season.

Fitz....proven talent??? hmmm....I have my doubts but keeping an open mind.