Jim Kelly hopes Owens is a disturbance

Not to make the team bad...but to cause change!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/24/...ave-no-excuses/

The Bills signed Owens to a one-year, $6.5 million contract, rolling the dice that he won’t be a disruptive locker room influence. So far, Owens has been a hit in Buffalo.

“People talk about how he loves to talk and everything,” Kelly said. “People say he might be a disturbance in the locker room. You know what I say? I hope he is.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might help to have someone who won't just accept the losing.

Then again, if TO tells the whole truth of what Jauron is once he sees it up close and personal, things could definitely get ugly. B/c many people don't like to hear the truth.

TO puts his heart on the field every game, that will make a big statement.

As Kelly said when you walk into a locker room on Monday and can't tell if the team won or lost the day before there is a problem. I don't see that being the case with TO around. We need someone to shake things up and not be a good soldier. Our great players like Lee Evan, for example need to hold others accountable and refuse to accept defeat. The first mark of character in sports is to not accept defeat. In that sense NE* has more character than we do even though they* are low life cheats*. At least they* refuse to accept defeat. If Jauron says one more time this year it is hard to win in the NFL I would like to see Wilson fire him on the spot.

As Kelly said when you walk into a locker room on Monday and can't tell if the team won or lost the day before there is a problem. I don't see that being the case with TO around. We need someone to shake things up and not be a good soldier. Our great players like Lee Evan, for example need to hold others accountable and refuse to accept defeat. The first mark of character in sports is to not accept defeat. In that sense NE* has more character than we do even though they* are low life cheats*. At least they* refuse to accept defeat. If Jauron says one more time this year it is hard to win in the NFL I would like to see Wilson fire him on the spot.

That comment by Jimbo bothered me as well, I have seen Trent rah! rah! the troops on the sidelines before but I have yet to see him blast anybody and get them to wake the hell up when we're behind in a game. I remember Jim doing that plenty! We sure as heck don't want a QB with the same personality as THIS head coach. :unsure:

That comment by Jimbo bothered me as well, I have seen Trent rah! rah! the troops on the sidelines before but I have yet to see him blast anybody and get them to wake the hell up when we're behind in a game. I remember Jim doing that plenty! We sure as heck don't want a QB with the same personality as THIS head coach. :unsure:

I would love to see Trent get to that point as well. But in fairness to Trent don't you think he has to really prove himself first to his teammates before he can assume that blasting type role? At this point I'm happy if he commands all the players' attention and does try to rah! rah! them at times.

Detroit had about a million problems, a T.O. ego on the team definitely was not one of them

TO's ego is exactly what will drive the locker room into chaos. Yes, TO wants to win but more importantly to him is that he get the glory for making it happen. He gets mad if he doesn't get his desired number of touches and the team looses but he also gets mad if the team wins without him being the central focus. His attention is not on the win or loss but how much credit he gets. He doesn't have the best intrest of the team in mind, he cares only that people notice how many plays he makes (and don't mention how many drops he has).

It would be great if the Bills had a vocal leader to lead by example and hold other players accountable for the team's results. Unfortunately TO aint that guy. With TO it's all about TO. The team is only there to give him the forum to draw attention to himself.

TO's ego is exactly what will drive the locker room into chaos. Yes, TO wants to win but more importantly to him is that he get the glory for making it happen. He gets mad if he doesn't get his desired number of touches and the team looses but he also gets mad if the team wins without him being the central focus. His attention is not on the win or loss but how much credit he gets. He doesn't have the best intrest of the team in mind, he cares only that people notice how many plays he makes (and don't mention how many drops he has).

It would be great if the Bills had a vocal leader to lead by example and hold other players accountable for the team's results. Unfortunately TO aint that guy. With TO it's all about TO. The team is only there to give him the forum to draw attention to himself.

really i didn't realize you were such good friends with him and did things together all the time, i'm sure you know him on a personal level so well to know he's that kind of person...stop drinking the espn kool-aid...i'm not saying he's never done anything wrong but give me a break already i'm tired of this boring ass team he's exactly what we need

I agree with much of what you've said, but Buffalo is different than Dallas or Phili. Even if TO has a down year, by his standards, while Evans has a record setting year; the fans and local media are smart enough to know why Evans was so good. TO will still get plenty of credit and recognition. I can't see a scenario where cameras and fans will not want to talk to TO in Buffalo. As a result, I think he'll be able to deal with someone else having success more easily than he did last year in Dallas with Whitten getting all the catches. Hell, in Buffalo, we have a fan club for the current 3rd string soon to be 2nd string QB.

Sure, it could still go south. But, we desperately need someone on the sideline to call players out and expect more. If not the coach, it'll have to be a player. And as others have said, what could REALLY go wrong - we don't REALLY make the playoffs?

Although typing this, I had a horrible thought. We go 7-9 again with TO blowing up at everyone and anyone. Jauron uses that as the excuse that TO sabotaged the season and we'd have won more games down the stretch if not for a divided locker room. Ralph buys it and we get a 5th year of Jauron et al. :unsure:

Sounds like a certain QB we had about 10 years ago.

really i didn't realize you were such good friends with him and did things together all the time, i'm sure you know him on a personal level so well to know he's that kind of person...stop drinking the espn kool-aid...i'm not saying he's never done anything wrong but give me a break already i'm tired of this boring ass team he's exactly what we need

Making change for the sake of change leads to the curse of unintended consequences. One must make a considered judgement of the effectiveness of the change and any side effects. For example, one doesn't have to actually have to swing the hammer to know holding the head of the nail with your thumb on top is a bad idea. True, the nail will definitely be securely held for the hammer to find its mark but the pain of a bloody swollen thumb is not worth it. Side effects are just as important as the intended effects.

Be careful what you ask for, you may just get it.

I agree with much of what you've said, but Buffalo is different than Dallas or Phili. Even if TO has a down year, by his standards, while Evans has a record setting year; the fans and local media are smart enough to know why Evans was so good. TO will still get plenty of credit and recognition. I can't see a scenario where cameras and fans will not want to talk to TO in Buffalo. As a result, I think he'll be able to deal with someone else having success more easily than he did last year in Dallas with Whitten getting all the catches. Hell, in Buffalo, we have a fan club for the current 3rd string soon to be 2nd string QB.

Sure, it could still go south. But, we desperately need someone on the sideline to call players out and expect more. If not the coach, it'll have to be a player. And as others have said, what could REALLY go wrong - we don't REALLY make the playoffs?

Although typing this, I had a horrible thought. We go 7-9 again with TO blowing up at everyone and anyone. Jauron uses that as the excuse that TO sabotaged the season and we'd have won more games down the stretch if not for a divided locker room. Ralph buys it and we get a 5th year of Jauron et al. :unsure:

Behold the curse of unintended cosequences.