D. Juaron a good thing?

I just read Chris Brown's blog, and there are a few quotes from D. Juaron, about the rookies and their playing time, and about the resolution of the Jason Peters situation. There is, according to media sources, a good vibe happening at OBD, as if the past is cleared away and they are really just focused on now and on winning and getting better as a team. As for Juaron, I'm glad the Bills gave him this year to prove his capabilities. He's never been on very talented teams, and he is intelligent, and the players like him, and he's not afraid to let the best players play. The guys will play hard for him. I think he deserved a chance with a decent roster and where the positives outweigh the negatives. Last year there was the Peters thing, and the year before that a ton of injuries. This roster is about as talented as we can expect for Buffalo. I don't think the F.O. held back in trying to sign guys they really wanted. So, we'll see the Bills as they want them to be, and I am excited, because this coaching staff knows what they're up against, they know it's a last chance scenerio, and neither coordinator is afraid of trying radical things. I think both sides of the ball will be exciting to watch this year, with some play makers making plays, and of course our ST's will rock. As fans, we'll be able to fully cheer on a team that is giving 100%, players and coaches. Where ever they end up will be an indication of who and what this team is. And I'd rather see that - with Dick Juaron - because I think he deserves a legitimate shot, than to see some new coach come in and shake it up and be in rebuilding mode for two or three years. If it doesn't pan out this year, then next year we can support that as a must be type of situation. I saw Tim Graham's rankings or predictions for how the AFC east ends up - with the Bills last - and I just don't see that happening. I think we've got a good enough team to make it deep into the playoffs this year. And if we don't, Juaron will go out quietly.

Bills will go 2-4 to start the season and Jauron will be sent packing, finally.

He is not a winner, never has been a winner and never will be a winner.

You write as if he's never been given a shot to succeed, this is his 9th season, how many chances is the guy going to get before he is officially never considered for a coaching job again?

Bobby April should have been named head coach after last season, there would have still been "continuity" and a coach with some balls.

I like your optimism. I believe that the Jauron hatred has gotten out of control. When talks of an extension first started to be reported, most here liked the idea. Obviously, he didn't perform up to expectations after that, but I don't think he had alot of help. Bills fans are a fickle group and rightfully so. This team has underachieved for a decade now.

The keys to success this season are

1. Trents ability to improve. The quickest and most efficient way for a team to win is through the Qb position. It is the entire season.

2. Moderate injuries. This team is not deep at most positions and can't afford to lose guys, especially on the lines. Unless we get lucky,this team will have serious holes at some point of the season. To me this has been the biggest failure of the last decade, besides the Qb position. The Bills always seem to look alright on paper but not when guys go down.

I just read Chris Brown's blog, and there are a few quotes from D. Juaron, about the rookies and their playing time, and about the resolution of the Jason Peters situation. There is, according to media sources, a good vibe happening at OBD, as if the past is cleared away and they are really just focused on now and on winning and getting better as a team. As for Juaron, I'm glad the Bills gave him this year to prove his capabilities. He's never been on very talented teams, and he is intelligent, and the players like him, and he's not afraid to let the best players play. The guys will play hard for him. I think he deserved a chance with a decent roster and where the positives outweigh the negatives. Last year there was the Peters thing, and the year before that a ton of injuries. This roster is about as talented as we can expect for Buffalo. I don't think the F.O. held back in trying to sign guys they really wanted. So, we'll see the Bills as they want them to be, and I am excited, because this coaching staff knows what they're up against, they know it's a last chance scenerio, and neither coordinator is afraid of trying radical things. I think both sides of the ball will be exciting to watch this year, with some play makers making plays, and of course our ST's will rock. As fans, we'll be able to fully cheer on a team that is giving 100%, players and coaches. Where ever they end up will be an indication of who and what this team is. And I'd rather see that - with Dick Juaron - because I think he deserves a legitimate shot, than to see some new coach come in and shake it up and be in rebuilding mode for two or three years. If it doesn't pan out this year, then next year we can support that as a must be type of situation. I saw Tim Graham's rankings or predictions for how the AFC east ends up - with the Bills last - and I just don't see that happening. I think we've got a good enough team to make it deep into the playoffs this year. And if we don't, Juaron will go out quietly.

IT'S JAURON

The keys to success this season are

1. Trents ability to improve. The quickest and most efficient way for a team to win is through the Qb position. It is the entire season.

/thread

Don't care about the OLine, don't care about the running game or the defense, Trent needs to find a way to get it done. 192 yards and 0.68 TD's per game simply won't cut it in our division.

As for Juaron, I'm glad the Bills gave him this year to prove his capabilities.

W-T-F???? Are you flippin serious?

Share with us exactly what he's capable of... I mean besides mediocrity at best.

Bills will go 2-4 to start the season and Jauron will be sent packing, finally.

He is not a winner, never has been a winner and never will be a winner.

You write as if he's never been given a shot to succeed, this is his 9th season, how many chances is the guy going to get before he is officially never considered for a coaching job again?

Bobby April should have been named head coach after last season, there would have still been "continuity" and a coach with some balls.

i love the bobby april idea. I think the guy would make a stellar head coach. He's got balls to do some tricky stuff but his players are always solid on the basics. I really think the dude knows the game of football well, not just special teams. It be interesting to see if they give him a shot or not. My personal thought is we do start out 2-4 or 3-5 at the break and dick's long gone. with the big 4 of holmgren, cowher, gruden and shanny out there, I'd hope to God that Ralph bite the bullet and pays up for them. Cowher is the obvious #1 and the others are all #2's.... but who knows..

I know he hasn't done much to date, but think of the teams - chicago, detroit - and the circumstances. I don't like excuses, but you've got to be objective - and this year we can be. There won't be excuses, and he's had enough time to put it together or leave. I just like it better than the alternative. Although, naming April to a Head Coaching job would sound o.k. to me, too. He has excelled every chance he's gotten.

5-11 in 2009. Could have been 7-9 or even 8-8 except bad gameday coaching excacerbates the weakness of the sh**ty coaching and prep during the week.

All due to DJ.

This guy should be coaching pop warner - because there it really does not matter if you win or lose, really about the kids. Because, as a pop warner coach, DJ would lose as well.

Awful.

At least we have Russ Brandon....

Well....I admire your optimism, but what in DJ's past 7 out of 8 losing seasons gives you hope that "this time it will be different"? Are you honestly certain that he's had nothing but bad luck and crappy players during those 7 seasons? Look at Miami, Baltimore and Atlanta's record last year with new head coaches.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

I'm an optimist when it comes to the Bills - and since the early 90's I've been wrong every time I think they might do O.K. and this year I'll suck it up and admit I'm wrong if and when it falls apart, because, if they don't make the playoffs I won't be able to root for them next year if they don't hire a new coach - and a good one. I'm just saying, he's had bad teams to work with, some bad circumstances, and I factor our owner into it - he's cheap, and he meddles (he even had his daughter involved - how hard do you think that must be for coaches and F.O. people?). It's not the greatest city to coach Pro Football in from a coaches standpoint, I'd bet, except the fans are really loyal, maybe the best in the game for fan loyalty. So, make or break year, and I'm giving him one last benefit of the doubt. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but he deserves it in my opinion, and I think it was a good decision, especially since the good coaches won't be available until next year, anyway.

I'm an optimist when it comes to the Bills - and since the early 90's I've been wrong every time I think they might do O.K. and this year I'll suck it up and admit I'm wrong if and when it falls apart, because, if they don't make the playoffs I won't be able to root for them next year if they don't hire a new coach - and a good one. I'm just saying, he's had bad teams to work with, some bad circumstances, and I factor our owner into it - he's cheap, and he meddles (he even had his daughter involved - how hard do you think that must be for coaches and F.O. people?). It's not the greatest city to coach Pro Football in from a coaches standpoint, I'd bet, except the fans are really loyal, maybe the best in the game for fan loyalty. So, make or break year, and I'm giving him one last benefit of the doubt. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but he deserves it in my opinion, and I think it was a good decision, especially since the good coaches won't be available until next year, anyway.

well....again....

hope for the best, prepare for the worst. We would all love to see DJ and the Bills succeed. History does not paint an optimistic picture regarding DJ's ability to do so.

i love the bobby april idea. I think the guy would make a stellar head coach. He's got balls to do some tricky stuff but his players are always solid on the basics. I really think the dude knows the game of football well, not just special teams. It be interesting to see if they give him a shot or not. My personal thought is we do start out 2-4 or 3-5 at the break and dick's long gone. with the big 4 of holmgren, cowher, gruden and shanny out there, I'd hope to God that Ralph bite the bullet and pays up for them. Cowher is the obvious #1 and the others are all #2's.... but who knows..

....and Bobby's resume states.....oh wait it hasn't a thing fictionally or factually based with respect to his HC abilities.

Holmgren, Cowher, Shannahan, Gruden? Something tells us that the $$$ isn't likely to be there for any of these HC's based on 50 years of Bills Football.

2. Moderate injuries. This team is not deep at most positions and can't afford to lose guys, especially on the lines. Unless we get lucky,this team will have serious holes at some point of the season. To me this has been the biggest failure of the last decade, besides the Qb position. The Bills always seem to look alright on paper but not when guys go down.

Which team are you talking about looking alright on paper? Because I've felt comfortable with my perception of the Bills as vast overachievers these past 7-9 years.

hope for the best, prepare for the worst. We would all love to see DJ and the Bills succeed. History does not paint an optimistic picture regarding DJ's ability to do so.

History does not paint much picture at all regarding DJ's ability to do so, as he has never once coached a talented team. Considering how awful the Bills roster has looked we should be praising this man for not allowing an 0-16 season.

....and Bobby's resume states.....oh wait it hasn't a thing fictionally or factually based with respect to his HC abilities.

Holmgren, Cowher, Shannahan, Gruden? Something tells us that the $$$ isn't likely to be there for any of these HC's based on 50 years of Bills Football.

I love the idea but there is no way that Ralph ponies up the money for any of them.

Bobby April is the most realistic choice since the Bills feel that "continuity" is very important.

It's very important to continually finish with losing records.

Which team are you talking about looking alright on paper? Because I've felt comfortable with my perception of the Bills as vast overachievers these past 7-9 years.

History does not paint much picture at all regarding DJ's ability to do so, as he has never once coached a talented team. Considering how awful the Bills roster has looked we should be praising this man for not allowing an 0-16 season.

Wow, award for most hilarious justification for the worst coach in the NFL.

Maybe you should actually watch a game sometime.

You explain to me how Jauron's consistently boneheaded game time decisions haven't hurt this team.

You explain to me how Jauron's "bend but don't break" (the poontang defense) will ever lead this team to the playoffs.

You explain to me how Jauron's extremely conservative offense will ever lead this team past 9 wins.

He is a terrible fukking coach, should have never been hired and should have been fired after his 2nd season.

Good coaches take average talent and lead their teams to the playoffs.

Jauron makes everyone worse, he is the biggest joke of the NFL and since the Bills kept him after 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons they are now the joke of the NFL.