Day Three OTA Notes- Haven't Seen This Posted Yet.

Link

Reggie Corner had a forced fumble as he chased down Terrell Owens from behind after he made a catch over the middle and popped the ball out. Owens however, pounced on the ball for the recovery.

Right now Corner has been the first team’s nickel cornerback with Drayton Florence the second team nickel back.

I don't think it's too soon to say that Corner was a hell of a fourth round pick.

I'm also an idiot for criticizing his pick last year.

Link

Reggie Corner had a forced fumble as he chased down Terrell Owens from behind after he made a catch over the middle and popped the ball out. Owens however, pounced on the ball for the recovery.

Right now Corner has been the first team’s nickel cornerback with Drayton Florence the second team nickel back.

I don't think it's too soon to say that Corner was a hell of a fourth round pick.

An OTA Hero! :thumbsup:

An OTA Hero! :thumbsup:

It'll be interesting to see if he can bring that to the regular season field. He might eventually turn out to be starter material.

To give Owens his due for the day;

Terrell Owens didn’t see as many passes come his way, but made two impressive looking plays. The veteran wideout looked like he was shot out of a cannon coming across the deep middle. He pulled in the pass from Edwards in stride and likely would have reached the end zone thereafter as he quickly outdistanced the defenders in pursuit.

His prettiest catch came on a quick slant when he snared a pass behind out of the air showing his wide catch radius without breaking stride and turned upfield.

It just goes to show you that a year after the draft most people could give a rat's ass whether someone was considered a reach or not. All that matters is if the guy looks like he can play.

It also supports the notion that none of us on this board know what we're talking about and really don't have a right to second-guess the professionals that do this for a living.

Not that I'm trying to get everyone to stop ripping the team (I think we all should - it'll keep them honest at least), but at the end of the day you have to give them the benefit of the doubt because they do this as a job.

It just goes to show you that a year after the draft most people could give a rat's ass whether someone was considered a reach or not. All that matters is if the guy looks like he can play.

It also supports the notion that none of us on this board know what we're talking about and really don't have a right to second-guess the professionals that do this for a living.

Not that I'm trying to get everyone to stop ripping the team (I think we all should - it'll keep them honest at least), but at the end of the day you have to give them the benefit of the doubt because they do this as a job.

We all definitely have the right. It's just that some criticisms are more valid than others. What that means to different people is why we're here.

We all definitely have the right. It's just that some criticisms are more valid than others. What that means to different people is why we're here.

Right behind ya, SD.

There is a difference between an intelligent, coherent opinion, and a hackneyed, non-coherent diatribe.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. That doesn't mean all opinions are intelligent and coherent.

Two people on "opposing" sides of an argument can make lucid arguments, if there is no way to determine "truth" within the context of the debate.

There's a reason Niels Bohr debated Albert Einstein about Relativity, and not someone else.

Also, I just wanted to close with:

SKOOBY DOOBY DOO!! :thumbsup:

Right behind ya, SD.

There is a difference between an intelligent, coherent opinion, and a hackneyed, non-coherent diatribe.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. That doesn't mean all opinions are intelligent and coherent.

Two people on "opposing" sides of an argument can make lucid arguments, if there is no way to determine "truth" within the context of the debate.

There's a reason Niels Bohr debated Albert Einstein about Relativity, and not someone else.

Also, I just wanted to close with:

SKOOBY DOOBY DOO!! :lol:

Damn! Great stuff!

Missed ya, Sketch!

<I think..> :thumbsup:

Link

No offense Steely, but I do think it is too soon to say that. He made 2 nice breakups in the Denver game last season, but that's one game. Let's let the guy make more than 2 plays before we go super ga-ga over him. Fair?

You get:

:thumbsup::lol::thumbsup:

for that one. :cry::thumbsup:

05/21/09

Dear Green Lantern trainee,

We watch over you and tend to your well-being. It's been a while since you recharged.

The litany remains:

"In brightest day, in blackest night

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might

Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!"

Your pals,

The Guardians of the Universe.

cc: trainee distribution list

Link

It's practice, no pads and half speed. Owens doesn't have to win a roeser spot Corner does.

But still good to hear.