Memorial Day/Weekend Plans?

WWVaBeach

As I'm loading up the camper for the annual Memorial Weekend camping trip on the Eastern Shore of Va it got me wondering...any of you have any interesting plans for the kickoff to summer weekend?

We've been going to the same campsite for the last 5 years just steps from the Chesapeake Bay. Got me 5 lbs of Sahlens when I was in Buffalo last week so I'm ready to go!

As I'm loading up the camper for the annual Memorial Weekend camping trip on the Eastern Shore of Va it got me wondering...any of you have any interesting plans for the kickoff to summer weekend?

We've been going to the same campsite for the last 5 years just steps from the Chesapeake Bay. Got me 5 lbs of Sahlens when I was in Buffalo last week so I'm ready to go!

you be leaving Va Beach, I be a coming. Mother in law lives on 49th st, so great location. Coming down Saturday morning from Richmond, rt 460 the only way to go!!

BTWhat campground to you go to? And, BTW, get some #1 Jimmies to go along with Sahlens :lol: (to early for crabs,to light for the price they will be charging)

After over 15 years of going to Pine Point (1 mile from Lake George) we decided to stay home this year. The kids got older, the drive seemed to get longer, and lately we have been rushing back Sundays to catch the Airshow at Jones beach.

This year, we will be taking the weekend off, leaving for the airshow saturday from our dock around 10:30 am meet up with freinds, tie up and catch the show, the show ends at 3 pm, so we wait for the drunks and idiots who want to rush back, we will BBQ on board and head back around sunset. If the weather is good, we do a replay for Sunday as well.

you be leaving Va Beach, I be a coming. Mother in law lives on 49th st, so great location. Coming down Saturday morning from Richmond, rt 460 the only way to go!!

BTWhat campground to you go to? And, BTW, get some #1 Jimmies to go along with Sahlens :lol: (to early for crabs,to light for the price they will be charging)

We go here less than an hour drive. Great 600 acre campground on the Bay side of the Easter Shore. My wife is from Maryland so yeah we'll be eating some crabs this weekend too! :lol:

Enjoy your trip down to the beach. 49th st is a good location, just far enough from all the tourists but close enough to the action.

I'm envious!

You and yours have a good, safe time, WWV. :lol:

Having friends over Sunday afternoon for ribs, chicken and brisket. Will start the smoker grill around midnight Saturday and monitor every 2 to 3 hours. Barbequing, beer, music and probably the annual whiffle ball game/drunkfest at the park down the street in the late afternoon.

Hospital :lol:

How'd you end up in the hospital?

Oh wait a second, maybe I don't want to know. After all, there's only 2 things in Texas, Steers and Queers. :lol:

Something to do with a gerbil and removal....

(This 24-year-old had sky high blood pressure, would have had a stroke soon).

I am heading to my sisters that lives in

Bristow, VA for the weekend

Brother-in-law wants to goto BassPro in MD

so everyone will pile into the van and head to MD

I will be bringing a few quarts of fresh strawberries

for my 2 nieces

I expect we will be grilling at least burgers

and hot dogs and I will be bringing some

organic Hot Italian sausage

so if everything pans out I will be relaxing

for 3 days :wallbash:

Gonna have a :wallbash:

Then another :wallbash:

Then another :lol:

Then another :lol:

Then another :beer:

Then another :beer:

and so on :D

I hear that! Have off four straight days, which equates to... well, a four-day bender. Renting a pontoon boat on Lake Norman on Sunday. Barbecue Saturday. RAGE!