2003 season home opener: Bills 31, Patriots 0.

When I weaved through the parking lot that fine afternoon, there was no doubt we were going to destroy the Patriots. I have never seen a crowd of such a single mind. We wanted blood. The wild excess of drunken revelry and team spirit could hardly have been surpassed by Romans at the Colosseum. Our fans and our Bills lived through each other that day, and a hard working city got its manful reward.

We can beat the Patriots this year and every year.

When I weaved through the parking lot that fine afternoon, there was no doubt we were going to destroy the Patriots. I have never seen a crowd of such a single mind. We wanted blood. The wild excess of drunken revelry and team spirit could hardly have been surpassed by Romans at the Colosseum. Our fans and our Bills lived through each other that day, and a hard working city got its manful reward.

...and then the favor was returned.

I was there. It was all so surreal. Just amazing. I can't wait 'till we beat those punks down again.

I was there. It was all so surreal. Just amazing. I can't wait 'till we beat those punks down again.

That would be an amazing way to start the 2009 season. I want to see the Bills compete with that team. Until they can, any progress they may be making will only be in theory. They simply have to compete with Patriots, as well as the other teams in the division. To think, this past season, a break or two, and a little more mental fortitude, and they could/should have beaten the Jets twice, and the Dolphins at least once. 10-6 sounds a hell of a lot better than 7-9!

Now that is hillarious. The only good thing that came out of that one great game the Bills have played against the Belicheck Patriots still works in their favor. Belicheck keeps dregging the memory of that game up during the Pats at Bills week every year to use as extra motivation for his troops - as if they need it. :devil:

You want to talk about an unforgettable experience at the Ralph? I prefer to talk about the Raiders AFC Championship blow out and being there to see the Bills celebrate their first trip to the Super Bowl. "Our fans and our Bills lived through each other that day, and a hard working city got its manful (what?) reward."

we've had little but memories like this to keep us going over the last few years.. here's hoping this year's team makes a few more memorable flashbacks like this one

and it would have been worse, this is when josh reed had the dropsies and he dropped a long pass where he was wide open... ah well.

Reed dropped two touchdown bombs that day. Bobbley Shaw dropped one too. Reed didnt recover from dropsy for another two years.