Harold Camping--ever hear the guy on radio?

Tcali

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_God_Go

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_God_Go_XII

Provided, as you don't seem to get the reference. Now, go meditate, and expand your mind, and heart!

I think you just assume that people that have decided on one thing to be true, are ignorant. But how wrong you are my friend. You refer to me as closed minded, but it was my open mindedness that brought me to my belief. I find it comical that you criticize someone for believing in one thing, when it is such a contradiction to demand everyone believe in everything for legitimacy.

You're right to think one thing is true is to have a narrow point of view. That is the point. To have a broad point of view on such a specific thing is irresponsible and lazy. Could you imagine the chaos if we started saying one plus one is not necessarily two if you don't believe it. The fact is that one plus one is two. It's not that you believe it to be true that makes it true.

The belief that one thing is true and the search of that is the quest, is not narrow. It's a search for the fact. I don't believe what I believe in is true because I believe it. I believe it to be true based on a broad research of facts.

Yet, if you had honestly done that research, you would have realized throughout the history of the world, what is known to be truth, is found out later to be flawed. You seem to lack the basics to continue the conversation at a level high enough to keep my interest.

Yet, if you had honestly done that research, you would have realized throughout the history of the world, what is known to be truth, is found out later to be flawed.

You mean like believing Earth is flat and that the universe revolves around it? You'd think God would have known from the beginning. :devil:

Yet, if you had honestly done that research, you would have realized throughout the history of the world, what is known to be truth, is found out later to be flawed. You seem to lack the basics to continue the conversation at a level high enough to keep my interest.

I agree, I'm bored with you also. But you seem like a good guy from reading your comments on here. Nothing personal, just get tired of getting bashed all the time for believing in Christianity.

I agree, I'm bored with you also. But you seem like a good guy from reading your comments on here. Nothing personal, just get tired of getting bashed all the time for believing in Christianity.

Who is bashing Christianity, here? And, if you noticed, many of the various religions noted as False, on that site, are Christian. What is to be mocked and ridiculed, IMO, is the belief that you are right (that is "one is right"), and everyone else is false. The freakin' Pope even treats other religions with respect (sometimes), and the Roman Catholic Church has changed doctrine many times over the years. If they had the one truth hundreds of years ago, why would they have to alter their beliefs? Of course, according to the site you seem to be defending, Roman Catholicism is a FALSE religion, so there is that.

Who is bashing Christianity, here? And, if you noticed, many of the various religions noted as False, on that site, are Christian. What is to be mocked and ridiculed, IMO, is the belief that you are right (that is "one is right"), and everyone else is false. The freakin' Pope even treats other religions with respect (sometimes), and the Roman Catholic Church has changed doctrine many times over the years. If they had the one truth hundreds of years ago, why would they have to alter their beliefs? Of course, according to the site you seem to be defending, Roman Catholicism is a FALSE religion, so there is that.

I am defending a website? Hardly. I am defending the fact that if something is true, it consequently means that anything outside of that isn't.

Yes I think I am right. But I don't think that alone makes me right. I just believe there is a truth, not many truths, especially when they contradict. It can't be possible.

If 10 people were given a math equation to determine and for example 3 people gave the same answer and that answer was correct and the other 7 all had different answers and they were all wrong. According to you we can't say the 3 are right because that would be "closed minded" or that the belief there is an answer to the problem means you can't tell people they are wrong.

Now what is right is up to each individual to find that answer. However just like the math problem, some people will be right and some will be wrong. How can it be any other way?

I am defending a website? Hardly. I am defending the fact that if something is true, it consequently means that anything outside of that isn't.

Yes I think I am right. But I don't think that alone makes me right. I just believe there is a truth, not many truths, especially when they contradict. It can't be possible.

If 10 people were given a math equation to determine and for example 3 people gave the same answer and that answer was correct and the other 7 all had different answers and they were all wrong. According to you we can't say the 3 are right because that would be "closed minded" or that the belief there is an answer to the problem means you can't tell people they are wrong.

Now what is right is up to each individual to decide. However just like the math problem, some people will be right and some will be wrong. How can it be any other way?

Does 1 + 1 always = 2? Take a water dropper. Put one drop on the table. How many drops of water are on the table? Add another drop directly on top of the first drop on the table. Now, how many drops are on the table? I usually still see one. Sometimes the precision of the question is far more important than the precision of the answer.

Also, I am a little bit concerned that you seem to find the current mathematical answers to be the real, and only correct answers. But, so be it.

Some might call the quest for the truth the most important part of the answer. Those who are REALLY serious about the truth are never satisfied that they have found it, IMO. The great religious leaders of the work have lived a life trying to find these truths. Those that claim to know are usually shallower (in my experience) than those who remain committed to the quest. But, who knows?

Does 1 + 1 always = 2? Take a water dropper. Put one drop on the table. How many drops of water are on the table? Add another drop directly on top of the first drop on the table. Now, how many drops are on the table? I usually still see one. Sometimes the precision of the question is far more important than the precision of the answer.

No one will ever be as entertaining as Art Bell. He was so such a showman with a really awesome voice to hear at like 2 in the morning. I know hell even Art knew that all or most of his callers were full of sh-- but they were so entertaining the things they came up with were so out there.

I have never actually heard to this Harold guy but from what I hear from these posts he seems like a bad rip off of Art Bell.

Also, I am a little bit concerned that you seem to find the current mathematical answers to be the real, and only correct answers. But, so be it.

Some might call the quest for the truth the most important part of the answer. Those who are REALLY serious about the truth are never satisfied that they have found it, IMO. The great religious leaders of the work have lived a life trying to find these truths. Those that claim to know are usually shallower (in my experience) than those who remain committed to the quest. But, who knows?

I understand what you are saying, but in my mind yes one plus one still equals two. Just because you add drops together to make a bigger drop doesn't change how many drops, because in order to say the first one is a drop you equate that to a measurement. Even in your argument you say put one drop on the table and add another drop, so the answer is still two drops because a drop takes on an identity or a truth being its a unit of measure now.

Don't be concerned for me, really.

Because human beings are imperfect and misconstrue simple things like your water drop analogy, is precisely why I think a concession to God is the only way. For example you and I have two polar opposite points of view, but who is right? One of us might be or we might both be wrong, but we both aren't right.

I have to tell you that I was raised in church and was a dedicated Christian. But as I got older I struggled with my beliefs because I realized I was only a Christian because my parents brought me up to be one. I didn't necessarily have an independent thought to become one. So I struggled with proving it in my own life.

To make a long journey short, I came to one conclusion. I am an imperfect human being. I lie, I get mad when I shouldn't, I forget names or where I put stuff. I think I heard someone say one thing, and they said another. So basically I decided that because I can't even trust myself to remember a phone number sometimes, how can I rely on my own thoughts about eternal things to be absolutely true just based on my thoughts or a gathering of information. Maybe I read wrong, or misunderstood what someone wrote. What if I'm wrong?

So I decided that because I don't know everything I have to concede to someone or something that does. I tried to disprove Christianity but it's truth kept smacking me right back in the face. So for me, I put my trust and faith into it.

No one will ever be as entertaining as Art Bell. He was so such a showman with a really awesome voice to hear at like 2 in the morning. I know hell even Art knew that all or most of his callers were full of sh-- but they were so entertaining the things they came up with were so out there.

I have never actually heard to this Harold guy but from what I hear from these posts he seems like a bad rip off of Art Bell.

really you cant compare the two...-who told you he was ripping off art Bell? Makes no sense--if you ever listen to Camping. Camping is a religious broadcaster. He 'teaches' the bible. He is a loon in my opinion in many ways. But he is entertaining.

So I decided that because I don't know everything I have to concede to someone or something that does. I tried to disprove Christianity but it's truth kept smacking me right back in the face. So for me, I put my trust and faith into it.

Fair enough. I wish you the best in whatever path you decide to take, and whatever truth you decide to accept. I hope you remain humble, and open to the fact that others looking for similar answers, find different answers. Open for them...not necessarily for you, unless of course, you want to keep exploring.

really you cant compare the two...-who told you he was ripping off art Bell? Makes no sense--if you ever listen to Camping. Camping is a religious broadcaster. He 'teaches' the bible. He is a loon in my opinion in many ways. But he is entertaining.

Well I heard he was talking about the end of the world and stuff like that so I thought he was into the paranormal.

You're right to think one thing is true is to have a narrow point of view. That is the point. To have a broad point of view on such a specific thing is irresponsible and lazy. Could you imagine the chaos if we started saying one plus one is not necessarily two if you don't believe it. The fact is that one plus one is two. It's not that you believe it to be true that makes it true.

The belief that one thing is true and the search of that is the quest, is not narrow. It's a search for the fact. I don't believe what I believe in is true because I believe it. I believe it to be true based on a broad research of facts.

Can we party together some time?