Edwards, Evans the Centre of attention at Jays game

I don't any problem with last night. Marketing in Toronto has to be bigger than just the one game per season. The Bills want and need the support of Toronto for every home game.

I don't see this any differently that the Bills holding camp in Rochester. It is all about regionalism.

Don't forget the NFL and all its teams are businesses.

He is showing loyalty.

Buffalo is lucky Toronto is nearby or it wouldn't even have a football team. Your talking about one of the most economically depressed cities in the U.S. The Bills trying to expand the market, is something that needs to be done.

if the intentions are truly to bring Toronto into the fold for fan/corporate support IN BUFFALO, then yes its a good thing they are there.

I and others remain skeptical that the end game is expecting people from Toronto to support the Buffalo Bills as a home team.

I don't any problem with last night. Marketing in Toronto has to be bigger than just the one game per season. The Bills want and need the support of Toronto for every home game.

I don't see this any differently that the Bills holding camp in Rochester. It is all about regionalism.

Don't forget the NFL and all its teams are businesses.

I understand your point, however I don't believe the NFL is about regionalism. In the early 90's we did not need market in Toronto. I don't want to lose another home game to marketing. Like "Field of Dreams, if you build it they will come".

I understand your point, however I don't believe the NFL is about regionalism. In the early 90's we did not need market in Toronto. I don't want to lose another home game to marketing. Like "Field of Dreams, if you build it they will come".

I disagree. The NFL is about regionalism. There are only 32 teams, but the NFL wants everyone in the United States to care about at least one team. Now they want everyone in North America and Europe to care about at least one team. It is business growing. In 1940, Dick and Mac McDonald didn't need anything but San Bernardino, Calif.

Enough with this Toronto nonsense. I hope the up-coming games are a bust again. I wish Ralph would how us a little loyalty. How about sending Edwards and Evans to a local school or something?

Show us loyalty?

You've got it completely backwards, dude. Business doesn't work that way. Never has, never will, and--furthermore--never should.

A successful business cycle looks like this: (1) create product-loyalty within your market, (2) expand your market, (3) repeat

What exactly is Wilson doing that's so wrong?

I disagree. The NFL is about regionalism. There are only 32 teams, but the NFL wants everyone in the United States to care about at least one team. Now they want everyone in North America and Europe to care about at least one team. It is business growing. In 1940, Dick and Mac McDonald didn't need anything but San Bernardino, Calif.

Agreed. But, just to be fair, the McDonald brothers never expanded their business. It was a malted-milkshake machine repair salesman (Ray Kroc) that bought the system for $2.7M and did the expanding.

Not that it changes the point, your point is still valid, I just love the Speedy's/McDonald's franchising story, so I had to chime in!

Many Canadians are season ticket holders. They came to games in the early 90's. We didn't need to market in Toronto then because the Bills were one of the best teams in the league and had an explosive offense.

Many teams in the NFL do not have to be regional. The Bills, unfortunately, do.

Show us loyalty?

You've got it completely backwards, dude. Business doesn't work that way. Never has, never will, and--furthermore--never should.

A successful business cycle looks like this: (1) create product-loyalty within your market, (2) expand your market, (3) repeat

What exactly is Wilson doing that's so wrong?

In my opinion, moving a home game.

In my opinion, moving a home game.

See, therein lies our difference of opinion. In Ralph's view, he's not moving a home game, but rather simply expanding the area called "home".

And I'll re-phrase my question, what's so wrong about that?

See, therein lies our difference of opinion. In Ralph's view, he's not moving a home game, but rather simply expanding the area called "home".

And I'll re-phrase my question, what's so wrong about that?

Forgive me, I'm a little nervous. I starting to think the wheels are in motion for a move.

Forgive me, I'm a little nervous. I starting to think the wheels are in motion for a move.

You've made no offense for anyone to forgive. There are certainly many that share your trepidation.

I, however, am not one of them. I think Ralph knows that corporate backing would be essential if/when the team needs a new stadium (in order to sell suites and keep PSL costs low; mimizing the impact on WNY ticket holders). The team certainly can't get all of the corporate support it needs from Buffalo. Some, yes, but certainly not all...maybe not even a majority. So we have to ask ourselves, what's the best way to conquer that potential problem? Find another source for corporate money.

Enter Toronto: Close in proximity, huge corporate base, lots of money, lots of people, lots of diversity. To me, it sounds like plenty of potential for the team to procure the money they'd need to get a new stadium built.

Now I'm not one for buying everything that the front office sells, but this sure makes good business sense to me. Even if--in the end--Buffalo has to give up 2 games to Toronto every year, wouldn't that be better than 8?

Are the BISONS taking advantage of the opportunity to cross market the Bills too?

We need an owner commited to Buffalo but realizing that Ralph is just too stubborn to do the right thing for all of us then we have the second best option of giving Toronto a game while preserving the team here.

Hopefully something will stir our economy to create the business support for the team but the fan base is here. And, if corporate write-off's for suite and box purchases become less appealing nationally then we are in a great position.

Are the BISONS taking advantage of the opportunity to cross market the Bills too?

We need an owner commited to Buffalo but realizing that Ralph is just too stubborn to do the right thing for all of us then we have the second best option of giving Toronto a game while preserving the team here.

Hopefully something will stir our economy to create the business support for the team but the fan base is here. And, if corporate write-off's for suite and box purchases become less appealing nationally then we are in a great position.

I want to make it clear that in no way am I picking on you here, I don't know you at all. But here's the problem: "things" don't stir the economy, people do. I don't mean to imply that you feel that way, so I hope you don't take offense.

It's our responsibility as Western New Yorkers to stimulate the economy. If we care about the area, and want to see it fluorish, we need to step up and do something to make it better. That's the beauty of the Free Enterprise/Capitolist system; those willing to do something different are the ones that get rewarded.

People go from poor to wealthy all the time. Read a Forbes magazine, there's hundreds and thousands of new American millionaires every year, and 90% of them are self-made and come from cities/backgrounds no different than any of us. If the citizens of WNY step up and make their own situations better, the economic health of the city will follow.

Sorry for grandstanding, but it's what I really believe.