Losman update per Donohoe

COACH85

Tom Donohoe was on Sirius Radio yesterday (NFL Blitz) and a caller asked when Losman would be ready to play, if at all.

Tom D said Losman should be cleared for full practicing in 2 weeks and we should see him on the field very shortly from that time.

Sounds like Bledsoe's days are truly numbered........YES, THERE IS A GOD.

Sorry, I'll take Tom D's word over your thinking anyday.

Besides, he knows Bledsoe hasn't been getting the job done for 2 straight seasons and the future is now. His ego is at stake and if Dallas ends up with a high draft pick from the Losman trade, he will want to justify his move by at least getting Losman 4-5 starts.

Ding, thanks for playing.  Losman will see time in certain situations AT BEST, unless the Bills lose the next 2 games because of Bledsoe, which is doubtful (i.e. that Bledsoe will be the sole cause).

104004[/snapback]

Sorry, I'll take Tom D's word over your thinking anyday. 

Besides, he knows Bledsoe hasn't been getting the job done for 2 straight seasons and the future is now.  His ego is at stake and if Dallas ends up with a high draft pick from the Losman trade, he will want to justify his move by at least getting Losman 4-5 starts.

104015[/snapback]

Like I said, we'll "see him on the field" in certain limited situations. And replacing Bledsoe with a rookie coming off an injury who hasn't practiced for almost half a season is HARDLY a recipe for success.

This is a stretch right now, but IF the Bledsoe-led Bills find a way to beat both the Jets and the Pats, there's no way Bledsoe should be pulled even if Losman is healthy. I find it hard to believe we'll win both these games, but stranger things have happened.

Tom Donohoe was on Sirius Radio yesterday (NFL Blitz) and a caller asked when Losman would be ready to play, if at all. 

Tom D said Losman should be cleared for full practicing in 2 weeks and we should see him on the field very shortly from that time.

Sounds like Bledsoe's days are truly numbered........YES, THERE IS A GOD.

103993[/snapback]

LMAO! :P

We will all see very little improvement with regard to points. Our O-line coach has done nothing with our line. I don't see how a QB change will be a huge improvement.

I really hope JP isn't as fragile as he's shown himself to be. Remember, he didn't take a hard hit from Vincent when the injury occured.

Oh, so Bledsoe has a better arm, mobility, and makes things happen?

Hey, listen............if we are not going anywhere, and we have a world of potential sitting on the bench...........we have nothing to lose and everything to gain by giving Losman a shot. Bledsoe is definitely not going to improve at this point in his career and can only get worse.

You'll be crying for Bledsoe to go to the bench as soon as he has another horrible game or two.

Your blind right now because we are on a one game winning streak.

We have wins over the Fins and Cards and you think Bledsoe is doing okay?

Sure buddy

No way Losman can be worse then what I've witnessed from Bledsoe over the past two seasons.

True.  Losman's proven SO much, so far.

104090[/snapback]

P.S. Who cares if Losman hasn't proved anything yet.

What the Hell has Bledsoe proven in the past two seasons.

NOTHING.........ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

HORRIBLE, LAUGHING STOCK OF THE LEAGUE STATUE.

LOSMAN will at least bring some energy and excitement back to the Bills!

Wake up and smell the coffee bro.

True.  Losman's proven SO much, so far.

104090[/snapback]

Oh brother. Just take it one week at a time. This place is a weekly emotional roller coaster.

If the Bills run the gameplan they ran last week against the Cardinals, they have a good chance of winning. The Jets are a much better team but are ripe for the taking. Stick to the run and hit the play action pass. Turnovers are key.

If the Bills stumble and then get clobbered at New England, then DB is just holding the fort until JP is ready. The Bills will have tickets to sell for the remaining home games and DB wouldn't sell one. Announcing a switch to JP would sell 5,000 tickets, minimum. Marketing matters and so does the future direction of this team. It sets up an off-season of hope and another postive reason to purchase season tickets for 2005.

If you wish to argue that point, turn to the nearest wall and tell it how you know better.

Aren't you the same person who said the Bills are starting to click after the Fins game and then we had Bledsoe back to his normal self against the Ravens.

How many times can we be teased when our defense and special teams steps up to the plate and the sputtering offense tears our hearts out with a lackluster performance? How many times do you have to sit through almost an entire game with hardly anything to cheer for with so many 3 and out series these past two seasons from our offense? Why do you think sometimes the defense has stumbled occasionally in the 4th quarter after playing stellar all game? Well, look at how quickly they are always back on the field after the offense does nothing and the defense eventually wears down at the end.

We are starting to see improvement with McGahee in the backfield, and need to get Evans the ball more too, and if Losman gets his feet wet with 4-5 games this year, THE SKY IS THE LIMIT FOR THIS TEAM NEXT YEAR..........especially if we pick up a stud lineman or two through free agency.

Losman will not play this season. You're completely nutso.

This team is starting to click. Why ruin a good thing happening. :P

104496[/snapback]

offensive lineman that is

Aren't you the same person who said the Bills are starting to click after the Fins game and then we had Bledsoe back to his normal self against the Ravens.

How many times can we be teased when our defense and special teams steps up to the plate and the sputtering offense tears our hearts out with a lackluster performance?  How many times do you have to sit through almost an entire game with hardly anything to cheer for with so many 3 and out series these past two seasons from our offense?  Why do you think sometimes the defense has stumbled occasionally in the 4th quarter after playing stellar all game?  Well, look at how quickly they are always back on the field after the offense does nothing and the defense eventually wears down at the end. 

We are starting to see improvement with McGahee in the backfield, and need to get Evans the ball more too, and if Losman gets his feet wet with 4-5 games this year, THE SKY IS THE LIMIT FOR THIS TEAM NEXT YEAR..........especially if we pick up a stud lineman or two through free agency.

104516[/snapback]

I for one hope Bledsow plays every down this year.

I hope Losman doesn't play until 2006 or 2007 at the earliest.

Who does he think he is anyway?

I don't want HIM to get any experience on the field until Drew is safely in the HOF.

Afterall, Drue didn't start as a rookie. :P

Rookies NEVER start in the NFL.

Especially Rookie Quarterbacks!

Won/Lost record be damned!

Play Bledsow.

Play Bledsow.

Play Bledsow.

Play Bledsow.

Play Bledsow.

Play Bledsow.

Play Bledsow.

[/sARCASM]