Can Buffalo crowds get this loud?

Why? Because I hate the Dallas Cowboys!

Go to about the :30 mark in that video...see how loud it gets. Whoever shot this had an absolutely perfect angle for the play. The crowd goes absolutely nuts when Romo gets tackled too.

Go to about the :30 mark in that video...see how loud it gets. Whoever shot this had an absolutely perfect angle for the play. The crowd goes absolutely nuts when Romo gets tackled too.

Buffalo can top that with 90% of the crowd in a beer coma. :flirt:

wasn't there some sort of controversy over the Seahawks pumping in noise through speakers and stuff??

wasn't there some sort of controversy over the Seahawks pumping in noise through speakers and stuff??

The NFL investigated this in 2006 and found no wrongdoing by the Seahawks.

Link from KING-TV in Seattle.

My understanding is it has to do with the design of the stadium roof, which sits only over the sideline stands. Apparently, it's designed so that the crowd noise goes down to the field.

Seattle is not usually the first place we in the Midwest and East think of when it comes to loud fans, but it's at or near the top of the list.

The NFL investigated this in 2006 and found no wrongdoing by the Seahawks.

Link from KING-TV in Seattle.

My understanding is it has to do with the design of the stadium roof, which sits only over the sideline stands. Apparently, it's designed so that the crowd noise goes down to the field.

Seattle is not usually the first place we in the Midwest and East think of when it comes to loud fans, but it's at or near the top of the list.

I live in Seattle. I have been to Qwest Field. I have also been to the Ralph. Bills fans are way more passionate and into the game. Seattle fans are loud only because of the design of the field. They are very fair weather as well. I would say Seattle's fan base is made up of some die hard fans, but more are casual to fair weather. Before Qwest I am not sure how often Seattle was considered a loud fan base, but I do know it is well documented that the design of the field and stands aids to loudness.

RWS was that loud all game when we played Dallas on Monday Night. Loudest crowd I've ever heard in Buffalo.

PTR

I would agree, Promo, and I only saw the game on TV.

I live in Seattle. I have been to Qwest Field. I have also been to the Ralph. Bills fans are way more passionate and into the game. Seattle fans are loud only because of the design of the field. They are very fair weather as well. I would say Seattle's fan base is made up of some die hard fans, but more are casual to fair weather. Before Qwest I am not sure how often Seattle was considered a loud fan base, but I do know it is well documented that the design of the field and stands aids to loudness.

I tend to agree. Seahawks fans are the loudest on the West Coast, and maybe the loudest west of Kansas City.

That may be like saying you're the tallest midget around, but it's something. :flirt: Nonetheless, I really like that moment, because of my Cowboy hatred.

Paul Allen had a pretty large say in the stadium. He had the architects build the roof so it locks in the noise. Also, the upper deck is directly on top of the lower level, and I've heard that the way the stadium's built the fans are as close as you can get to an NFL game. Combine that with the Hawks Nest in the endzone, which has metal seats (think of the ralph when everybody used to bang on the bleachers) and you have a lot of artificial noise for 67K people...

I would agree, Promo, and I only saw the game on TV.

I tend to agree. Seahawks fans are the loudest on the West Coast, and maybe the loudest west of Kansas City.

That may be like saying you're the tallest midget around, but it's something. :flirt:

Buckeyemike: Big Sounders fan? I hear you guys are making quite a noise up there as well?

Paul Allen had a pretty large say in the stadium. He had the architects build the roof so it locks in the noise. Also, the upper deck is directly on top of the lower level, and I've heard that the way the stadium's built the fans are as close as you can get to an NFL game. Combine that with the Hawks Nest in the endzone, which has metal seats (think of the ralph when everybody used to bang on the bleachers) and you have a lot of artificial noise for 67K people...

Used to? Im there every game kicking the crap out of them. Almost been kicked out of a few games for annoying non season ticket holders and for tearing the bleachers off all together and tossing them around.

Buckeyemike: Big Sounders fan? I hear you guys are making quite a noise up there as well?

I am a Sounders fan, even though I live 2,500 miles away from Seattle. I also root for Liverpool in the English Premier League, but I prefer rooting for an American team.

Why Seattle? Partially because Drew Carey owns a piece of the team. If I never wrote it here before, I had a co-worker once who dated a former classmate of Carey's. She said he was the same in high school as he was on his TV show.

The Sounders currently lead the MLS in season tickets and overall attendance. They are off at 4-2-2 as well.

Their ownership model allows fans who hold memberships in the team (mostly season ticket holders) to vote out the general manager every four years. Very cool, and very similar to Barcelona. :flirt:

Used to? Im there every game kicking the crap out of them. Almost been kicked out of a few games for annoying non season ticket holders and for tearing the bleachers off all together and tossing them around.

Obviously but its not the same as it was when the entire stadium was bleachers...

I am a Sounders fan, even though I live 2,500 miles away from Seattle. I also root for Liverpool in the English Premier League, but I prefer rooting for an American team.

Why Seattle? Partially because Drew Carey owns a piece of the team. If I never wrote it here before, I had a co-worker once who dated a former classmate of Carey's. She said he was the same in high school as he was on his TV show.

The Sounders currently lead the MLS in season tickets and overall attendance. They are off at 4-2-2 as well.

Their ownership model allows fans who hold memberships in the team (mostly season ticket holders) to vote out the general manager every four years. Very cool, and very similar to Barcelona. :flirt:

yeah i heard its pretty cool, and the fact that they're (hoping) to expand to portland and vancouver will give em some rivals on the west coast.

Sounds like it is a good design unless all you care about is getting your waiter to bring you imported wine.

You have to be joking, right? You obviously were not in Rich Stadium during the 51-3 blowout win over the Raiders that earned the Bills their first trip to the Super Bowl. It was easily louder then the :30 mark of your link above, in the first quarter when Talley ran back his interception that started the blowout....and it stayed louder the rest of the enire game.

You want a similar Rich Stadium situation to that last second blown snap by Romo that gave the Seahawks that playoff game win? The AFC Championship game at Rich Stadium the year after the Raiders blow out. This time, the Broncos were giving the Bills all they could handle, and more. Despite a late game injury that knocked Elway out of the game, his back up Gary Kubiak (current Texans HC), started moving the Broncos down the field for a go ahead field goal. With less then 2 minutes to go & already in Bills territory, a Broncos running back fumbled after gaining another first down. The Bills recovered and the noise level that rose out of former 80,000 seat capacity Rich Stadium (now down to 73,000 capacity plus luxury suites), when the ref signaled Bills ball made your Seahawks fans sound like polite appluase at a tennis match.

Go watch a replay of the Dallas-Buffalo Monday night game from 2 years ago where you can barely hear the announcers shouting over the crowd noise and you tell me...

RWS was that loud all game when we played Dallas on Monday Night. Loudest crowd I've ever heard in Buffalo.

PTR

I agree 110%. The whole stadium felt like it was shaking the entire time especially when TO dropped the 2-point conversion real late in the game. And the field goal that Folk nailed was the loudest I have ever heard a place be in my entire life. Such an amazing atmosphere.

I went to Bills-Seahawks in 2004. Been to six NFL stadiums and I will rank them in order of passion/noise/tailgating:

1a. Buffalo (100+)

1b. Kansas City (twice)

3. San Diego

4. Denver (twice)

5. Seattle

6. Miami (twice)

Huge drop off after KC, San Diego fans are OK, Denver fans are so weak and think they're sweet (10,000 no shows this year vs. the Bills, not a cloud in the sky in a game where if they won, they would've won the AFC West), Seattle fans are soft and fluffy, but are nice and will tell you all day that it's a Mariners town, and I'm sure most of you have been to Miami- no explanation needed. I'm no Kenny, but I will say that once you've traveled to see the Bills, you finally get a perspective on how insane Bills fans are and that what happens at Rich Stadium on Sundays is not normal.