Levi Jones is looking for Jason Peters Money!

recent news on Levi per rotoworld:

The player rep for free agent OT Levi Jones admitted Monday that his client may have to wait for the summer to sign with a team.

Jones is recovering from extensive leg surgery and probably couldn't pass physicals. The Cardinals and Redskins have already denied any interest.

Source: Arizona Republic

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per John Clayton ESPN:

Levi looking for perfect fit

Monday, May 11, 2009 | Print Entry

Levi Jones might be considered the top offensive tackle available on the market, but it might take until June or July before he finds a job. The former Cincinnati Bengals left tackle has had numerous phone calls but isn't scheduled to make many visits. The biggest surprise is that the Buffalo Bills haven't called. Apparently, after reshuffling the offensive line and adding two rookie guards to start, the Bills don't want to make any more changes to their line at this time.

Per John Clayton ESPN:

Levi looking for perfect fit

Monday, May 11, 2009 | Print Entry

Levi Jones might be considered the top offensive tackle available on the market, but it might take until June or July before he finds a job. The former Cincinnati Bengals left tackle has had numerous phone calls but isn't scheduled to make many visits. The biggest surprise is that the Buffalo Bills haven't called. Apparently, after reshuffling the offensive line and adding two rookie guards to start, the Bills don't want to make any more changes to their line at this time.

Wow. I guess I should have seen this coming. The way this could be interpreted is that they are not going to pay Jason Peter's money to Jones, they would have rather paid it to Peters. Or could be they are just sticking with the game plan. I say go ahead, start both rooks and let them get some experience.

Wow. I guess I should have seen this coming. The way this could be interpreted is that they are not going to pay Jason Peter's money to Jones, they would have rather paid it to Peters. Or could be they are just sticking with the game plan. I say go ahead, start both rooks and let them get some experience.

I say the same, but neither of them has anything to do with the left tackle position.

Actually, I have very mixed emotions wrt Jones. I saw him play when he was healthy and he was very good. The fact that his agent isn't in a rush makes me wonder if he is still injured.

The Bengals took a big chance when they drafted Smith who might very well be a headcase, yet they saw fit to do this with Jones under contract for a fairly reasonable salary. They are a strange team, so I don't really know how to read this.

In short, I would be begging the Bills to sign a healthy Levi Jones. In 2003, Jones lined up next to a rookie LG (Steinbach) and the offense finished 13th in scoring. Still, something is bothering me about bringing him to Buffalo. With nothing at all to back it up, I just have this lingering feeling that the guy is shot.

I would hate to see them dedicate big resources to a spent LT, and then neglect this position in the 2010 draft.

I say the same, but neither of them has anything to do with the left tackle position.

Actually, I have very mixed emotions wrt Jones. I saw him play when he was healthy and he was very good. The fact that his agent isn't in a rush makes me wonder if he is still injured.

The Bengals took a big chance when they drafted Smith who might very well be a headcase, yet they saw fit to do this with Jones under contract for a fairly reasonable salary. They are a strange team, so I don't really know how to read this.

In short, I would be begging the Bills to sign a healthy Levi Jones. In 2003, Jones lined up next to a rookie LG (Steinbach) and the offense finished 13th in scoring. Still, something is bothering me about bringing him to Buffalo. With nothing at all to back it up, I just have this lingering feeling that the guy is shot.

I would hate to see them dedicate big resources to a spent LT, and then neglect this position in the 2010 draft.

A lot of reports are saying that he failed his physical in Cinci and would probably fail one now with teams which lend to your theory Bill. If we really want a Tackle, we should probably look at chatting with the Jags, who have four starters and only two spots...