Michael Moore

BillsNYC

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Kerry got more votes...in the birthplace of our democracy.

Must use different maps in Michigan.  On my map, Virginia is not in the Northeast.

103255[/snapback]

Last time *I* checked, the Revolution started in NEW ENGLAND, NOT Virginia.

WASHINGTON and JEFFERSON may have been FROM VIRGINIA, but the ideas and important confrontation of British Rule came from NEW ENGLANDERS.

Just had to clarify that.

WASHINGTON and JEFFERSON may have been FROM VIRGINIA, but the ideas and important confrontation of British Rule came from NEW ENGLANDERS.

104479[/snapback]

Since it started there, it might as well end there as well. There are few places in the country with more corruption and Parlimentary rule than jolly ol' NE.

104479[/snapback]

Not trying to be a Virginia-homer (I was born & raised in Bflo afterall), but don't discount Virginia. While the first shots of the Revolutionary War may have been fired in Massachusetts, the argument could be made that colonial Virginians were much more Revolutionary.

The New Englanders seemed to be more upset about the monopoly on tea given to the East India Trading Company than anything else. Granted, after the dissolution of their legislature they got a little ornery, but historically speaking, perhaps a result of their Puritanical history, they were downright passive when compared to colonial Virginians.

104479[/snapback]

Interesting that you focus on the start of a military conflict as the birth of our democracy, and not the effort of the states to actually put a democratic republic in place once the conflict began. My memory serves that not all Revolutionaries wanted England gone, nor a democracy put in place.

Since it started there, it might as well end there as well.  There are few places in the country with more corruption and Parlimentary rule than jolly ol' NE.

104482[/snapback]

Ah, good old New England, land that I love. Anyone with the last name KENNEDY can just put his name on the ballot, go away until election day and find himself an elected official. I mean seriously, whats a Kennedy got to do to get thrown out of Washington? Kill someone? Oops, nevermind.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Ah, good old New England, land that I love.    Anyone with the last name KENNEDY can just put his name on the ballot, go away until election day and find himself an elected official.    I mean seriously, whats a Kennedy got to do to get thrown out of Washington?  Kill someone?  Oops, nevermind.

104586[/snapback]

Kennedys run in Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Maine, and New Hampshire?

I missed them on the ballot! :w00t:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Apparently, they aren't smart enough to move.

104608[/snapback]

I don't WANT them to move!!! Stay in Taxachusetts!! PLEASE!!! :w00t:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Apparently not this guy?

104614[/snapback]

DAMNIT!! I KNEW I should have checked very carefully before posting that!!!

Homer Simpson would be so proud!! :w00t:

Not trying to be a Virginia-homer (I was born & raised in Bflo afterall), but don't discount Virginia.  While the first shots of the Revolutionary War may have been fired in Massachusetts, the argument could be made that colonial Virginians were much more Revolutionary. 

The New Englanders seemed to be more upset about the monopoly on tea given to the East India Trading Company than anything else.  Granted, after the dissolution of their legislature they got a little ornery, but historically speaking, perhaps a result of their Puritanical history, they were downright passive when compared to colonial Virginians.

104484[/snapback]

it was the mouthy new englanders who talked the talk, but the gentlmanly virginians who walked the walk