I see dead people...

Clearly this is the team to beat in our division and if we are going to ever have any kind of success then we need to figure out how to dispose of them. Come opening MNF is the opportunity that we have been looking for and need. The way to beat this team is with speed and I think Buffalo does posess this on both sides of the ball. Throw in the fact that it's a prime time game and one could imagine that it won't be too hard for the Bills' players to be up for it. Of course the same can be said for the Patriots but once again I point to the speed factor and that it is the first game back for Brady in quite some time and this factors into my optimism.

It's important to start this game off the right way and that would be that the Bills on defense need to smack New England right in the puss with a bag of nickels and not stop bringing the pressure all game long. Here's where our plethora of DBs will come into play. The Bills also should be looking to be creative with their blitzing. I also expect Maybin to be an X factor initially and then back him off and use some of our DBs' speed to continue with unexpected and timely blitzes.

On offense the Bills better be in an attack mode all game, trying to play ball control football plays right into the Patriots' strengths. We need to be willing to put it all on the line all game long and never let up. The secondary for New England is rather new themselves and they shouldn't be too cohesive in the first game of the year. Using Evans and Owens effectively will have them have more on their hands than they would like and that's where our TEs and Reed should be utilized all the more. We need Derek Fine to be ready for this game and to be the blocking TE who can receive like how Daniel Graham was/is used in New England and now Denver. Newly drafted Shawn Nelson could be huge for us in his very first game and of course Reed is a seasoned veteran that I know who will be ready for this massive showdown.

The Patriots have some transition going themselves a bit with their secondary and with some of their LBs. They don't have Vrabel or his leadership anymore and even though I expect Mayo to play large this year I don't think he can do it all himself in the first game of the year. He's the only Patriot LB that I'm concerned with. It's too bad that Lynch is a bonehead and got suspended for this game because if he was playing then all the more I believe that aging little Tedy Bruschi is going to get his ass worn out in this game but the tandem of Jackson/Rhodes will suffice. It's their DL vs our OL that is scary. Our OC better come up with very creative gameplan of this will one long ugly night for the Bills. With that being said I do believe that we will a few new wrinkles on offense to try and catch them off guard and to keep them off balance during the whole four quarters. We got the offensive weapons but we need to use them and also be creative with them and I believe we will. I think that our coaches know that they can't go in there and just try to keep pace with them but that we have to be aggressive to have a chance. Remember, the whole country will be watching and I believe that Brandon will be making a point of reminding Jauron that this is a huge game not only for the team but for the franchise as well so it better be balls to the wall.

Our STs are always a consistent advantage for us and we will need them to step it up even more than they usually do and for all four quarters for us to stand a chance to be in this game.

I'd feel a whole lot better with a different HC, OC, and DC. I just don't think the team will be able to overcome those millstones around their collective necks. My only hope for '09 is the no huddle and Trent learns to call a better game than Turk/DJ combined. If not, the termination of DJ before '10 is the silver lining.

Who do you think will run a more effective training camp and put their players in the best possible position to be successful on opening day, Dick Jauron or Bill Belichick?

Truthfully? Belichick but I'm going to refer back to our team's speed and while we do have a few new additions we do have a veteran team that has players that have been in the system for a few years now.

Truthfully? Belichick but I'm going to refer back to our team's speed and while we do have a few new additions we do have a veteran team that has players that have been in the system for a few years now.

Who are all of these speed guys of the Bills? Evans, Parish, Leodis and who else? I think Bills fans are the only people who consider the Bills a "speed" team. Hate to break this to you, but you have no more speed than the Pats.

Who are all of these speed guys of the Bills? Evans, Parish, Leodis and who else? I think Bills fans are the only people who consider the Bills a "speed" team. Hate to break this to you, but you have no more speed than the Pats.

Nelson looks pretty GD fast to me.

Buffalo is a speed team now?? A blitzing/pressure team?? News to me.

Don't mean to break this to you, but everyone of your "plethora of DBs" is avg. Maybin is an unproven rookie as is Nelson They are just as likely to be riding pine in 3yrs as they are to be good players. The Pats O Line dominates the D Line of the Bills. Your QB has never done anything of significance and you're right about the Pats D Line vs that O Line of yours. Bruschi is no more than a role player anymore as Guyton is taking playing time from him. Rhodes is a bum and you can't on one hand the # of quality games by Jackson in his career. And finally you have "Game Day Jauron" as your HC. Good luck with that.

I'm actually starting to enjoy your comments, it makes the board buzz. Don't agree with me on the point that I conceded to the Patriots, it shows your favoritism.

Yeah, we do have team speed. On offense who's the fastest Patriot? Evans and Parrish are faster than anyone on the Patriots' offense and while the patriots have beef on the DL they don't have speed rushers. They break down an OL with power and we just drafted a couple of nasty interior linemen who will punch some of those fat pigs in the mouth. The match up that is heavily in the Patriots' favor is Richard Seymour against whoever plays LT but we do have not one but two veteran RBs who will help compensate against him.

When I mentioned the blitzing/pressure I said that we need to do that and I stand by that.

What did you do? Did you edit your only response??! Don't be a weasel, say what you mean and stand by it. This changing of your mind in midstream makes me question your thoughts, comments and convictions.

What did you do? Did you edit your only response??! Don't be a weasel, say what you mean and stand by it. This changing of your mind in midstream makes me question your thoughts, comments and convictions.

Actually, I was trying to edit and I deleted on accident. I just didn't want to type everything over.

McGee.......you are right we arent a fast team.

Guest dog14787
Every year we think we are going to beat the Pats*. Every year we are wrong. I say let's keep our mouths shut until game day. Karma's a beeyotch.

PTR

T.O. and TE are about to kick bad karma in the mouth and send that beeyotch crying home to mama, along with Shady Brady and the Belicheat monster.

Nawww, seriously, I'm praying to the football Gods and trying to explain it wasn't the fans that wanted the magic flute pulled for RJ and we have suffered long enough already, geeesh :devil:

Seriously, seriously, I'm just praying for a miracle when we play the Pats.

In the Holy Trent we Trust...

I can't say this enough: The Giants showed the league how to beat the Pats. Pressure Brady. Send a group in every play that can put consistent pressure on him. These guys pass to set up the run, and with that kind of determined pressure, we'll be able to handle the run, too. Leave the back five on man to man. Brady has shown time and again (not unlike other QB's) that he is prone to having bad days when he's being knocked around. We've given it to him in our stadium. What do we have to lose, anyway? They always beat us. Lets try an approach that has risks, but also has promise. And, at the very least, we'll welcome Tom Brady back with a face full of turf all game long. If New England's game plan hasn't changed much, the Giants gave us a blue print for beating them. And, we've got the personel to do it.

I can't say this enough: The Giants showed the league how to beat the Pats. Pressure Brady. Send a group in every play that can put consistent pressure on him. These guys pass to set up the run, and with that kind of determined pressure, we'll be able to handle the run, too. Leave the back five on man to man. Brady has shown time and again (not unlike other QB's) that he is prone to having bad days when he's being knocked around. We've given it to him in our stadium. What do we have to lose, anyway? They always beat us. Lets try an approach that has risks, but also has promise. And, at the very least, we'll welcome Tom Brady back with a face full of turf all game long. If New England's game plan hasn't changed much, the Giants gave us a blue print for beating them. And, we've got the personel to do it.

I agree with your assessment. The Bills need to play their opener like it's their Super Bowl. This game could set up their whole season's success if they were to come out and shock the world with an upset on national TV. I want them to come out with a nasty attitude ALL game long. Hopefully the infusion/subtraction of players bring a new era to the Bills.

Go Bills!

I'll break out my harp right here and strum once again...it's too bad we didn't get another pass rusher in the draft. And the Giants who have a surplus of pass rushers drafted Clint Stintim, another pass rusher.

That all works until they gain 7 yards on the draw play, and 10+yards on the screen play. There are ways to beat every defense. Until we have Spagnuolo calling D plays for us, the play not to lose mentality will continue our big Goose egg against the Pats since the 2003 season.

Not to be pessimistic, but what do you think the chances are of trent getting injured in week 1? We have an o-line that will still be figuring itself out, and Seymour, Wilfork, and company are gunna be bringing the heat. The one thing that should help the O-line, however, is TO. Theyll be less willing to blitz and if Evans or TO are ever singled up all Trent has to do is throw it up.

GO BILLS