I see dead people...

The only good thing I see about the opener is the fact that the Bills play in the HoF game in preseason,which should give them an extra game to prepare for the regular season.

So with 5 preseason games and playing the Titans @ HoF -Bears home-Packers @ GB-@ Pitt- Detroit home, they should be more prepared to start the regular season, provided of course that they don't get any serious injuries to any key players.

Those are some good teams they face in preseason and "IF" they manage to play well with the starters it might just give some hope towards how they will play against the Patriots.

Also, Belichick is noted for his game plans against opposing teams AFTER the season starts and AFTER he can break down the film on what a team is doing on offense and defense and formulate the proper way to beat them.

That said,the Bills do have a shot if the O line plays well enough to keep TE upright and the offensive game plan shows some departure from last years constant shotguns, and the Bills develop a power running game to start with. Once they can move the ball on the ground consistently they can throw any time they want.

Seriously,nothing would make me happier then to see the Bills pounding the ball on the Patriots,playing smash mouth football and keeping the ball away from Brady.

It's important to start this game off the right way and that would be that the Bills on defense need to smack New England right in the puss with a bag of nickels and not stop bringing the pressure all game long. Here's where our plethora of DBs will come into play. The Bills also should be looking to be creative with their blitzing. I also expect Maybin to be an X factor initially and then back him off and use some of our DBs' speed to continue with unexpected and timely blitzes.

That is the key.

That's what the Giants did in Feb 08.

Turned "19 and 0" into "18 and Doh.."

Who do you think will run a more effective training camp and put their players in the best possible position to be successful on opening day, Dick Jauron or Bill Belichick?

Jauron had a much less talented team quarterbacked by JP Losman in position to beat the Pats* in their home opener in 2006.

...and I believe that Brandon will be making a point of reminding Jauron that this is a huge game not only for the team but for the franchise as well so it better be balls to the wall...

I see delusional people, and they believe that (1) Buffalo will beat the Pats in NE on MNF to open the season. (2) That they have to beat the Pats in that game for them to have any chance of winning this season.

Russ Brandon can "Steinbrenner" all he wants on DJ, but it's obvious Dick does not respond to any of that any way. Buffalo will not win the opener, in my humble opinion. However, I still feel they can make the playoffs with a 9-7-0 or even a 10-6-0 record anyway. As proven by last years' team, a great start means nothing in a 16 game NFL season.

Jauron had a much less talented team quarterbacked by JP Losman in position to beat the Pats* in their home opener in 2006.

"in position to beat the Pats"? Wow, great job Dick. Of course they did end up losing that game, right? :devil:

"in position to beat the Pats"? Wow, great job Dick. Of course they did end up losing that game, right? :devil:

He coached very aggresively that game. Went for it on 4th and 1 with a lead instead of a field goal. Losman also ran out of the endzone.

However, my point was that with a less talented team than this year's version, we almost beat the Pats*. There's no reason we can't again.

I can't say this enough: The Giants showed the league how to beat the Pats. Pressure Brady. Send a group in every play that can put consistent pressure on him. These guys pass to set up the run, and with that kind of determined pressure, we'll be able to handle the run, too. Leave the back five on man to man. Brady has shown time and again (not unlike other QB's) that he is prone to having bad days when he's being knocked around. We've given it to him in our stadium. What do we have to lose, anyway? They always beat us. Lets try an approach that has risks, but also has promise. And, at the very least, we'll welcome Tom Brady back with a face full of turf all game long. If New England's game plan hasn't changed much, the Giants gave us a blue print for beating them. And, we've got the personel to do it.

that right there is the key.. what do we have to lose anyways? we keep to our regular gameplan and we will lose, again, like we have so many times

change things around, play nasty as hell and dirty if need be too. people on this board will always complain, but if we play our hearts out and give it to them, i for one wouldn't feel bad about losing

oh yeah, i'd like to see some of those green and brown stains on the back of #12's helmet and jersey too.. that would be an early Xmas present

Who are all of these speed guys of the Bills? Evans, Parish, Leodis and who else? I think Bills fans are the only people who consider the Bills a "speed" team. Hate to break this to you, but you have no more speed than the Pats.

Hate to break this to you, but all NE* fans* are a bunch of bandwagon freakin' queers who, by mid-season, will return to ignoring the team and once again revert to being NJ Giants fans.

The Patriettes* are through - even cheating won't help them do better than .500 this season -

OFFICIAL SEPTEMBER 14, 2009 GAME THREAD.....

BuffTown Bills 34

Marcia Brady & Her NE Cheatriettes* 0

19 and 0 baby!!! :w00t:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :w00t:

I can't say this enough: The Giants showed the league how to beat the Pats. Pressure Brady. Send a group in every play that can put consistent pressure on him. These guys pass to set up the run, and with that kind of determined pressure, we'll be able to handle the run, too. Leave the back five on man to man. Brady has shown time and again (not unlike other QB's) that he is prone to having bad days when he's being knocked around. We've given it to him in our stadium. What do we have to lose, anyway? They always beat us. Lets try an approach that has risks, but also has promise. And, at the very least, we'll welcome Tom Brady back with a face full of turf all game long. If New England's game plan hasn't changed much, the Giants gave us a blue print for beating them. And, we've got the personel to do it.

How did that game plan that the Giants "showed everybody" work against a professional benchwarmer named Cassell? Not too good.