Wendell Bryant

The bust from Wisconsin?

I thought his knees or back were shot?

Maybe he just had Mike Williams lazy syndrome.....either way, I don't think McCargo or Bryant make the '09 Bills roster.

If we actually had competition at DT and quality depth, I'd agree with you. But what are the alternatives to McCargo not making it, going with 3 DT's on the roster?

I think Bryant was booted out of the league for substance abuse. Go to Buffalo Rumblings to see the article. Sign him to a league minimum contract with incentives, cut McCargo and recoup some money.

I think Bryant was booted out of the league for substance abuse. Go to Buffalo Rumblings to see the article. Sign him to a league minimum contract with incentives, cut McCargo and recoup some money.

if we're gonna go with a bust, why not stick with the one we've got, the one who looked like he was about to bust out prior to last year's disappointing season....

Why couldn't Mccargo and Wendell both make the team? Is anyone that impressed with Spencer Johnson? I thought he was below average last year. A classic tweener.....Not good enough to be DE and not big enough to make an impact inside. Maybe I am way off, I just don't remember him making any impactful plays.

DT depth remains my only concern with this team....If Stroud happens to go down, we are in big trouble.

I certainly hope you don't consider a bust an upgrade.

NOT for more most teams but looking at this roster, I think he has a shot, and as far as busts go, he did have a better college career than any DL on the roster other than Stroud (yes, even better than my namesake K. Williams) I would say the odds are very poor but DEFINETLY worth giving him a shot.

"I went through a period where I just sat on my couch," Bryant said. "There was so much embarrassment at being kicked out of the league. I went into a depression and didn’t want to do anything but be holed up in my house. Drinking and smoking pot became my whole existence. I was in a bad place and I needed help."

"Now, my body feels like it’s at a point where I can still play very well," Bryant said. "Playing football is not something that just goes away just like that. I’m looking forward to a new opportunity and kicking some butt."

Great redemption story. Bring him on! If he doesn't pan out, nothing lost.

NOT for more most teams but looking at this roster, I think he has a shot, and as far as busts go, he did have a better college career than any DL on the roster other than Stroud (yes, even better than my namesake K. Williams) I would say the odds are very poor but DEFINETLY worth giving him a shot.

So who is he an upgrade over?

So who is he an upgrade over?

that is what we have camp and cutdowns etc. etc for. Based on college stats .... an upgrade over everyone except Stroud. I doubt he can resurrect it ( seriously doubt it) but we only need 53 players if we ALREADY know who is better than whom. I would take him over McCargo, and possibly Johnson if he can resurrect a waste of a good talent. He was a MUCH better player than Williams in college and is bigger and more athletic so he could cause a little double team action; which in turn makes every defender better.

Please don't misunderstand, if he is on our roster I would be VERY surprised but that would be a testament to him and probably an accusation about the talent on the payroll at this time.

Why couldn't Mccargo and Wendell both make the team? Is anyone that impressed with Spencer Johnson? I thought he was below average last year. A classic tweener.....Not good enough to be DE and not big enough to make an impact inside. Maybe I am way off, I just don't remember him making any impactful plays.

DT depth remains my only concern with this team....If Stroud happens to go down, we are in big trouble.

What? In my eyes, Johnson was our second best defensive tackle.

I trust quotes much more when I can see the person speaking or at least can hear their voice. That said, many of the sentences I read of his interview sounded like sincere and mature thoughts. I would be in favor of bringing him in for a look. We gave Anthony Hargrove another chance and that didn't work out. Nevertheless it doesn't mean that Bryant can't turn his life around.

FYI, this wouldn't be the first time the Bills tried to salvage a top rated DL whose career had crashed. They also gave chances to Reggie Rogers and Kenneth Sims. Neither of those blue chip busts worked out but nothing was lost by giving them another chance either.