Predict the AFC East teams final records for 2009..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pats 11 - 5

Bills 10 - 6*

Fins 9 - 7

Jets 9 - 7

* Last game of season against Pats. Bills down on the Pats 2 yard line, 4th down, 20 seconds to play trailing 21 to 17.

DJ calls for a field goal. Bills down 21 to 20 with 10 seconds on the clock. Bills on side kick and recover it, DJ forgetting that the clock stops on a change of possession calls time out. But the Bills have no time outs left because DJ had already wasted them in the 3 quarter. Bills are flagged for delay of game and have 10 seconds run off the clock.

Game OVER.

According to DJ and his time management staff, they still had 1 hour 50 seconds left. Afterward it was discovered that the Bills coaching staff had set their clocks to the wrong time zone.

RW was so happy that the team had not finished 7 -9 that he signed DJ to a lifetime contract.

Bills lose tie breaker for last wild card slot.

Pats 12-4

Bills 8-8

Dolphins 8-8

Jets 7-9

Pats win it all

I'm very pleasantly surprised to see all the optimism for the Bills. Most people have them winning more than losing. I think we will improve as the season moves forward, but ultimately our new O-Line will struggle, specially early on and I see that playing a big role.

However I do see our players at the skill positions QB, WR and RB improving making up for some of the inexperience of the O-Line.

Defensively, I see us improving and becoming slightly better than average.

A lot of people are down on the Jets and too high on the Dolphins.

And how.

Why are people so down on the Jets? They just missed the playoffs last season and have added some nice pieces on defense. They can run the ball and stop the run. Favre was horrible last year and the rookie will step in and do no worse and likely better.

Meanwhile the Dolphins had everything break right last year. They had the easy schedule, caught people by surprise with the wildcat, Pennington had a career year, etc. They're better, but no way they repeat at close to that level.

Pats* 11-5

Jets 9-7

Dolphins 8-8

Bills 7-9

Pats 12-4

Bills 8-8

Dolphins 8-8

Jets 7-9

Pats win it all

I'm very pleasantly surprised to see all the optimism for the Bills. Most people have them winning more than losing. I think we will improve as the season moves forward, but ultimately our new O-Line will struggle, specially early on and I see that playing a big role.

However I do see our players at the skill positions QB, WR and RB improving making up for some of the inexperience of the O-Line.

Defensively, I see us improving and becoming slightly better than average.

I don't think it is as much optimism as it is wishful thinking. If only we could have improved as the season moved forward last year, instead we did just the opposite.

Just for the record there actually *is* a difference between not having the guts to throw a deep ball and realizing that throwing into consistent down field double coverage because your #2 receiver can't garner any respect from the defense is a good way to get picked off (as evidenced by Trent's extremely low interception total from last year). Before teams started double covering Lee Evans on every play from scrimmage Trent was throwing it deep well. He demonstrated arm strength and accuracy on his deep passes consistently early in the season last year. I promise that he did not lose his ability to throw, but rather that teams realized they didn't have to respect Josh Reed and could double Lee Evans every play. And you idiots keep insinuating that the guy is a bad QB. Well I hope you choke on it while you watch Trent in the Pro Bowl next year.

And to insinuate that his injury against the Cardinals affected his game is totally brainless because the very first game he played after that was against the Chargers, and was also his most impressive game to date. So there goes that theory.

I don't think that it effected him physically, but I do believe that it did physcologically,

at least for a couple of games, and quite possibly the balance of the season. I don't

think that we will see any lingering effects this year, as I belive that Trent knows he has the

weapons now, and it is his make or break year. You will see a very confident and good Edwards

this season, we have to protect him though, our his fragile confidence could be broken again.

With Brady back I have to give the nod to the Patsies.

Patriots 12-4

Dolphins 10-6

Bills 9-7

Jets 6-10

Just keeping it real with Buff at 9-7, it would be an improvement.

switch the bills and jets records around and think you hit it.