Predict the AFC East teams final records for 2009..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills 14-2 (SB Champs - beat Pats in AFC Championship)

Pats 13-3 (Wild Card - swept by Bills first time in years)

Fins 8-8 (Party is over - back to reality)

Jets 5-11 (Only team in AFC East who got materially worse over the offseason)

Pats* 10-6

Fish 8-8

Bills 6-10

Jests 5-11

I buy into the changes @ OBD, but it means a re-building year. Entirely new OL, a QB who doesn't have a cannon and hasn't shown much courage to attack downfield, best running back an 'open container violation' away from a year suspension and a flexing defense that doesn't scare anyone- facing a comparitively daunting schedule, doesn't bode well for '09. JMO.

With Brady back I have to give the nod to the Patsies.

Patriots 12-4

Dolphins 10-6

Bills 9-7

Jets 6-10

Just keeping it real with Buff at 9-7, it would be an improvement.

Patriots 11-5 (Brady back, Pats back.)

Bills 10-6 (Everything goes right.).....right??

Dolphins 7-9 (Reality strikes after one great season, Pennington back to earth & youth shows.)

Jets 4-12 (Sanchez won't be ready but will be forced to play, and the D is not as good as it thinks.)

Depends upon injuries of course-8-8 season with the tough schedule..have to win some division games.

Dolphins 10-6

Pats 9-7

Jets 7-9

Bills 4-12

Sorry everyone, but with Jauron at the helm and that crap Tampa 2 it will be another long year!

Bills 14-2 (SB Champs - beat Pats in AFC Championship)

Pats 13-3 (Wild Card - swept by Bills first time in years)

Fins 8-8 (Party is over - back to reality)

Jets 5-11 (Only team in AFC East who got materially worse over the offseason)

Why not, why not I say! :worthy:

Oh, and please PM me with the drugs you are doing, as Huey Lewis once said, I need a new one!

<_<

I don't see how anybody could think the Jets are going to be better than the Bills. Too much ESPN for you people.

If the Bills can avoid major injuries they will win at least 10 games. But that assumes we make an acquisition to play tackle for us this year, which I'm assuming the Bills realize they have to do in order to be competitive (at least I hope they see it that way) - if we go with our current O-line we could be in trouble unless those guys can really pull of a miracle.

Bills 10-6

Pats 9-7

Fins 7-9

Jets 5-11

I know everyone will think I'm crazy for picking the Pats to finish this low, but I have a hunch that everything isn't going to run like greased owl sh-- for them this year. As far as the Jets and the Fins being so good...I am totally unconvinced. Just remember you read it here first.

I buy into the changes @ OBD, but it means a re-building year. Entirely new OL, a QB who doesn't have a cannon and hasn't shown much courage to attack downfield, best running back an 'open container violation' away from a year suspension and a flexing defense that doesn't scare anyone- facing a comparitively daunting schedule, doesn't bode well for '09. JMO.

Just for the record there actually *is* a difference between not having the guts to throw a deep ball and realizing that throwing into consistent down field double coverage because your #2 receiver can't garner any respect from the defense is a good way to get picked off (as evidenced by Trent's extremely low interception total from last year). Before teams started double covering Lee Evans on every play from scrimmage Trent was throwing it deep well. He demonstrated arm strength and accuracy on his deep passes consistently early in the season last year. I promise that he did not lose his ability to throw, but rather that teams realized they didn't have to respect Josh Reed and could double Lee Evans every play. And you idiots keep insinuating that the guy is a bad QB. Well I hope you choke on it while you watch Trent in the Pro Bowl next year.

And to insinuate that his injury against the Cardinals affected his game is totally brainless because the very first game he played after that was against the Chargers, and was also his most impressive game to date. So there goes that theory.