Do the Bills still have a chance?

1billsfan

No. We can only lose 2 more games to even have a shot....not gonna happen. It also won't happen with Bledsoe at QB.

102721[/snapback]

we were up in the fourth on their turf. but we lost with 58 seconds left. so your saying that there is no way we could win this game. sorry i disagree.. i think this is a close game and we DO have a shot at this one. sorry. :wacko:

To quote the old WW II saying, "We can do it!"

Why not? A power running game & the #2 defense in the league?

Everyone seems to forget that most of our losses were cases of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. We aren't as bad as we think.

If Dilfer can win a SB with the Ravens, we can do the same with Drew, McGahee & our defense. IMO, we are built in the same image as that Ravens team.

Id just like to see a 9-7 or better season...sure it would be great to get into playoffs but most important is to see improvement over last year....MM is realizing he was dealt a stevestojantty hand with the players he had for OL....hes useing all the players includeing defensive now to shore up that line and its working so far...with the emergence of WM and the defense finally playing up to rank, plus the fairly "easy" second half schedule the bills should see a better season but most likely not the playoffs.

What do Bills fans have for thoughts on the 2004 Bills season? Two big "if" games next up on the slate. "If" we win these games, I say we "still" have a chance.

They better win on Sunday. Start the payback for the heartbreak we've been put through this season.

102677[/snapback]

You're asking for miracles here. Sorry but no way do we go 8-1 the rest of the way. Hell, even a 10-6 record for us would not guarantee a playoff spot.

problem is, even if we do get on a roll and get close to contending...there will ALWAYS come a time when a qb has to pull a game out of the fire...and it makes me very sad to say that bledsoe has done nothing to give me any confidence that he can lead us through a situation like that. and you know what? i don't think the players believe it any more either.

i realize i have said it 1000 times but what is one more?: i think he is a great guy and a great team player, but i just think he is ruined as a QB from the beating he's taken here.

The way I see it, the Bills MUST win this weekend. If Buffalo were to lose Sunday and win out the rest of the year, I highly doubt that they will make the playoffs based on head to head with the Jests, Jags, Ravens and their conference record. Look at the playoffs right now, it would be NE, PITT, JAX and DEN with the JESTS and INDY or HOU as the wildcard. Right now looking at the schedule, the Bills maybe could lose one game the rest of the way or the season is kaput. Losing 4 coming out of the gate really hurts any chance of making the playoffs. This Sunday might be the biggest game, playoff hope-wise, for the Bills in a long time. If they lose, it's basically over barring a collapse by everyone else in the conference.

And people wonder why everyone tells them to calm down when we beat a team like Arizona.  We all know a post like this will pop up after something like that happens.

102901[/snapback]

Tell me, you're one of the fans that left the playoff game against Houston, right? "A post like this"? WTF, I was only asking if fans thought there was still a chance. Yes or no Mr. Higher Than Thou?

Yes, they do still have a shot. But they must continue to jell offensively, run the ball hard and the D and ST must continue playing the way they have been.

Looking at the schedule, this Sun starts our toughest 4 game test of the year...

vs. Jest

@NE

vs. StL

@Sea

Now I think we will beat the Jest. Then this team needs a season defining W and it could happen @ NE. No Ty Law, maybe no Dillon, two backup tackles, hey you never know...

VS. StL is winable provide Mother Nature cooperates and gives us a dose of Lake Effect, at Sea will be tough, they play very well at home.

The final part of the schedule, 5 games, is pretty easy.

@ Mia - W

vs. Cle - W

@ Cinci - W

@ SF - W

Then we play at home vs. Pitt (who I do not think is as good as their record) but they may have nothing to play for. Nevertheless, I think we can win that game.

So its possible, but we need to win 3 out of the next 4 to even make it a possibility. I said to my buddies before this year, if we are 5-6 on December 1, I think we're making the playoffs. I'll stick with that.

Remember how the Jets were 2-5 and the laughing stock of the AFC East halfway through 2002? Remember how they ended up?

One game at a time. Right now we are 1-0 on the rest of the season. Yes, we have to be "1-0 on the rest of the season" following just about all the games, but let's worry about this weekend first.

Yeah I remember that, they had an old geezer QB leading them that was horrible week after week, then they inserted a guy named Pennington.

103337[/snapback]

and, oh ,by the way they started out 1-3 with the "inserted guy."

Tell me, you're one of the fans that left the playoff game against Houston, right? "A post like this"? WTF, I was only asking if fans thought there was still a chance. Yes or no Mr. Higher Than Thou?

103133[/snapback]

yeah but there is a difference...that team had a HISTORY of rising from the ashes. i for one can say in all sincerity that i KNEW we were going to win when we made it 35-17 in the third quarter. because you knew that team had the heart andthe BALLS to get it done.

but these guys? unless the other team sucks and they're at home with a 35 mph wind they can't get out of their own way!

yeah but there is a difference...that team had a HISTORY of rising from the ashes.  i for one can say in all sincerity that i KNEW we were going to win when we made it 35-17 in the third quarter.  because you knew that team had the heart andthe BALLS to get it done.

but these guys?  unless the other team sucks and they're at home with a 35 mph wind they can't get out of their own way!

103369[/snapback]

I see a different attitude on this team. I can't explain it, they seem like a team that's getting their act together. Probably too late, but well see what they bring for the Jets on Sunday. I know their defense and special teams are tops in the league.