Going to Canton?

The EZC will be making it's first trek down to Canton for the inductions this year. A few questions....where can one get tickets for the induction ceremony? In your humble opinion, will it be difficult to get into the Titans-Bills game if I do not get tickets ahead of time? What time do the "gin mills" down there close? Thanks and much appreciated!

The EZC will be making it's first trek down to Canton for the inductions this year. A few questions....where can one get tickets for the induction ceremony? In your humble opinion, will it be difficult to get into the Titans-Bills game if I do not get tickets ahead of time? What time do the "gin mills" down there close? Thanks and much appreciated!

EZC - for folks attending only one event...induction or game, I mention that there are a pair of fine races at Mid Ohio racetrack that weekend. A LeMans GT race and an Indy car race. Mid-Ohio is a road course, not an oval. It's about an hour away from Canton.

http://www.midohio.com/Schedule/Acura-Spor...da-200-at-Mid-O

Here's how you get tickets for both:

http://prod1.agileticketing.net/WebSales/P...aebb660069&

EZC - for folks attending only one event...induction or game, I mention that there are a pair of fine races at Mid Ohio racetrack that weekend. A LeMans GT race and an Indy car race. Mid-Ohio is a road course, not an oval. It's about an hour away from Canton.

You talkin' Formula One there sarge, or some other shlt??

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks but I am not much of a racing fan

We've got 13 people going. Check out The Stables Restaurant ... it was cool when i worked in Canton 13 years ago ...

Just a point of reference, WGC at Firestone (Akron) is scheduled for the same weekend as HOF.

I have lived in Canton for the past 16 years, but grew up in Buffalo and still actively follow the Bills. Couple thoughts about the game: (1) Get hotel rooms ASAP. World Series of Golf is the same weekend in Akron (20 minutes away) and hotel rooms will be at a premium, (2) the game has not yet sold out....but it certainly will. Scalping tickets is also fairly easy....although with Rod Woodson also being inducted, a huge influx of Steeler fans will be in attendance (Pittsburgh is 2 hours away) and prices might be higher than usual, (3)Bars stay open until 2am. I would highly suggest Loby's Bar and Grille. Its about 2 miles from Hall of Fame, has great food (especially wings), Labatts on tap, hot bartenders, an outside bar where smoking is allowed, and is the home for the local Bills Backers Club......which means they will definitely have some Buffalo flavored promotions going on at the Bar that weekend.

I have tickets for both the game and the induction. Maybe paid a little more but I found mine on Stubhub. I paided ~$350 for two game tickets and two center stage induction tickets.

LOL. Wow. Not to be critical here, but you do all know that tickets to the induction AND the game are still available on the Hall of Fame site?

I mean, for those of you that want to go, have you even checked the site?

I'm playing in the band the Wilson's hired for the post induction party.

I don't have all the details yet, but supposedly we are Greyhounding it there, playing, eating, and Greyhounding it

back.

I've also heard that there's going to be a celebrity roast type thing, names I've heard mentioned are Leno and Cosby.

I have no idea how much of it is true, but it should be a kickass time.

There is no Formula One racing in the U.S. - hasn't been since '07.

correct.. the last time they had an F1 race in america was 07 at indianapolis when they had that tire problem and only 5 cars finished the race... But watch out I keep hearing there trying to bring F1 to homstead infield right outside of miami...

correct.. the last time they had an F1 race in america was 07 at indianapolis when they had that tire problem and only 5 cars finished the race... But watch out I keep hearing there trying to bring F1 to homstead infield right outside of miami...

ego and $$$ issues between tony george and bernie ecclestone killed f1 in the US - be nice to see it return, but bernie seems to be demanding a small fortune for that to happen.

myself, i'd love to see f1 return to watkins glen, but the sport has grown too rich and too glamorous, and neither the track nor the town's infrastructure could support a modern f1 event.

• 1 month later...

1st off talk racing somewhere esle.

We ordered our induction tickets in March and we got them Last friday. Can't wait too go see my man BRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEE inducted. I'll be the one with the Bruce jersey on LOL. I live about 3 hours from the HOF. If you have never been too the hall make sure you get tickets for the HOF also.I go about every 3 or 4 years. A great time !!!! See you all at the HOF inductions.

I got my tickets for the ceremony and game. They sent a little do's and don't pamphlet, and apparently you're not even allowed to bring in sunscreen. Thank god the ceremony isn't in the middle of the day like in years past. The sunburn I got after Jim Kelly's induction is almost legendary!

I got my tickets for the ceremony and game. They sent a little do's and don't pamphlet, and apparently you're not even allowed to bring in sunscreen. Thank god the ceremony isn't in the middle of the day like in years past. The sunburn I got after Jim Kelly's induction is almost legendary!

You're not kidding. If I ever see Dan Hampton in person, I'm going to kick him in the shins for rambling so long in that heat. I think I spent $20 for water that day and the majority of it I poured over my head.