The "Elite" speak from WNY

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe we should just have a beer at MacKenzies and laugh about how little they have learned from the last two defeats.  :D

103683[/snapback]

Little they learned. What are they supposed to do? Sell down their ideals for a net difference of 3 million people.

The last two popular vote outcomes have been decided by these 3 million people. Most of them (christian right) strongly are against war... Yet, hate gays even more.

So these are the "values" that everybody is throwing around.

"Gee, I really hate war but, those damn gays are worse." Vote for Bush.

Don't muddy the waters. Facts suck.

Little they learned.  What are they supposed to do?  Sell down their ideals for a net difference of 3 million people.

The last two popular vote outcomes have been decided by these 3 million people.  Most of them (christian right) strongly are against war... Yet, hate gays even more.

So these are the "values" that everybody is throwing around.

"Gee, I really hate war but, those damn gays are worse."  Vote for Bush.

Don't muddy the waters.  Facts suck.

103698[/snapback]

You keep ignoring the point of this thread. What "beliefs" would they be selling out? Their belief in being an arrogant, elitist, lemmings?

This is what they "haven't learned": That just because they proclaim themselves to be "progressives" or "intellectuals" doesn't make it so, and doesn't mean that they know better what people want or need than the people do themselves.

If you think that Bush won just because people 'hate gays more than war' than IMO you are ignoring reality. Which is just fine with me. It'll make it that much easier to win again in 2008.

You keep ignoring the point of this thread.  What "beliefs" would they be selling out?  Their belief in being an arrogant, elitist, lemmings?

103721[/snapback]

55 million people don't think so. I can't control what other people think of me. Usually it is the farthest from the truth.

Those aren't beliefs... It is others insecurites.

Look through what you preceive.

What makes JK windsurfing more elitist? Surely doesn't cost much... Uses no money and fuel? Is it because it is not easy or the norm?

I am the most down to earth guy you will ever meet. Except for today (slow)... I enjoy getting my hands "dirty."

55 million people don't think so.  I can't control what other people think of me.  Usually it is the farthest from the truth.

What makes JK windsurfing more elitist?  Surely doesn't cost much... Uses no money and fuel?  Is it because it is not easy or the norm?

I am the most down to earth guy you will ever meet.  Except for today (slow)... I enjoy getting my hands "dirty."

103779[/snapback]

You could answer the question.

If you don't know what makes Senator Kerry an elitist, you aren't paying attention.

Windsurfing? Nice soundbyte.

Don’t forget John Kerry’s Newsweek quote – “I can’t believe I am losing to this idiot.”

I think that this type of stuff is killing the Democrats. As someone who is bright and believes in small government, I think that the Dems need to spend more time convincing voters using intellectual rationale for their positions and stop blithely assuming it already exists.

The one change I wish I could make in America is that economics be a required high school course for all students.

55 million people don't think so.  I can't control what other people think of me.  Usually it is the farthest from the truth.

What makes JK windsurfing more elitist?  Surely doesn't cost much... Uses no money and fuel?  Is it because it is not easy or the norm?

I am the most down to earth guy you will ever meet.  Except for today (slow)... I enjoy getting my hands "dirty."

103779[/snapback]

I'm sure you are...you always seem that way here! I'm refering to the people who made the quotes above. I'm refering to the Michael Moore's and Hollywood types who sit there with smug, condesending attitudes spouting out about the apparently stupidity of people who live in Ohio or the heartland. I'm refering to the publishers of all the little Indp weekly rags who rely on the President's pronunciation of some word to interpret the intelligence of 59 million people.

It isn't my perception. These people don't offer ideas. They offer opinions.

Don’t forget John Kerry’s Newsweek quote – “I can’t believe I am losing to this idiot.”

I think that this type of stuff is killing the Democrats. As someone who is bright and believes in small government, I think that the Dems need to spend more time convincing voters using intellectual rationale for their positions and stop blithely assuming it already exists.

The one change I wish I could make in America is that economics be a required high school course for all students.

103835[/snapback]

Take a guess why economics isn't a required course? Because the teachers' union is in the hip pocket of the liberals.

For supposed educators, the agenda to keep students in the dark in order to keep their tenure, benefits, etc.....is quite obvious.

With all due respect Tom.  It is all in the eyes of the beholder.  I try not to take things personally.

People usually lash out when emotional.  They take their fustrations out with ridicule.  Some people do it more elequently than others.

I take it all at face value and attempt to see the underside of it.

103613[/snapback]

I did not take being dismissed personally. I was happy about that. :D

I did not like his mannerisms - talking to a group of people who were not stupid, as if they were. I am hard working, educated, open-minded and was treated like a moron. That was my reward for NOT coming up with an easy way to excuse myself from doing my duty in a democracy?

THAT I took personally.

I hold myself to a higher standard than I hold others.

I did not take being dismissed personally. I was happy about that.  :D

I did not like his mannerisms - talking to a group of people who were not stupid, as if they were. I am hard working, educated, open-minded and was treated like a moron. That was my reward for NOT coming up with an easy way to excuse myself from doing my duty in a democracy?

THAT I took personally.

I hold myself to a higher standard than I hold others.

103933[/snapback]

I understand. You are gonna have aholes everywhere. Unfortunately, it really detracts from the democratic message. There is no room for error with the message they put out. It is almost like you gotta live like a monk to help the poor.