So true, so true....

Jeff Jacoby is the resident right-wing nut columnist used to "balance" out the Boston Globe op-ed page.

I love where he rips Kerry for not condemning Moore et al for calling Bush a nazi, but doesn't mention any of the same coming from the right (hello Rush). Jacoby is a tool.

Jeff Jacoby is the resident right-wing nut columnist used to "balance" out the Boston Globe op-ed page. 

I love where he rips Kerry for not condemning Moore et al for calling Bush a nazi, but doesn't mention any of the same coming from the right (hello Rush).  Jacoby is a tool.

102219[/snapback]

But in Jacoby's defense...it was pretty clear from the start that it was a partisan rant he was indulging. Why the hell would he condemn the right; it would run counter to his own "Republicans rule, Democrats drool" thesis?

Clearly he's a tool...but at least he's friggin' honest and up-front about it.

I love where he rips Kerry for not condemning Moore et al for calling Bush a nazi, but doesn't mention any of the same coming from the right (hello Rush).  Jacoby is a tool.

102219[/snapback]

I don't recall Rush sitting in a VIP box at the RNC.

I don't recall Rush sitting in a VIP box at the RNC.

102234[/snapback]

Probably couldn't get away from his NA meeting for it...

(Sorry. That was cheap. Point being: I don't necessarily know that the Republican Party would want to give a confessed addict that kind of treatment, particularly given the candidate they were running.)

Probably couldn't get away from his NA meeting for it...

(Sorry.  That was cheap.  Point being: I don't necessarily know that the Republican Party would want to give a confessed addict that kind of treatment, particularly given the candidate they were running.)

102240[/snapback]

:unsure:

Don't apologize...that was funny! I think Rush is an idiot too.....I'm just pointing out that Johnny's analogy is faulty.

Bush was reelected with the highest vote total in American history. He is the first president since 1988 to win a majority of the popular vote. He increased his 2000 tally by 8 million votes and saw his party not only keep its majorities in the House and Senate but enlarge them. And he did it all in the face of an orgy of hatred.

Regardless of what side you're on, this is the truth. I sincerely hope the Blzruls and Rcows of the world will learn to stop hating and step up.

:unsure:

Don't apologize...that was funny!  I think Rush is an idiot too.....I'm just pointing out that Johnny's analogy is faulty.

102247[/snapback]

No, I think the analogy holds, regardless of the visibility of Moore. The Right has a virtual monopoloy on the radio for the type of hysterics that Rush and Oliver North bring to the table. That fires up the conservative base, and they can get away with a lot more than the visible part of the party would allow themselves to.

The Dems used Moore to fire up their base in much the same way, only he was more visible at the convention, because, quite frankly, as part of the Dem's core base, I wanted to see him there.

The Right needed to bring in more moderates, so they needed to keep the Rush's and the Ralph Reed's behind the curtain. The Dems needed to bring in the Greens and the students, a base that would be attracted to Moore.

WOW.

102420[/snapback]

Yes, wow. I know a lot of people here in Mass that voted for Nader last time that LOVE Moore. You may not know it, but Boston is a pretty big college town. Students overwhelmingly supported Dean in this town because of his outspoken attitude about the war, and liked Moore for the same reasons. The Dems needed to keep that base energized.

The Right needed to bring in more moderates, so they needed to keep the Rush's and the Ralph Reed's behind the curtain.  The Dems needed to bring in the Greens and the students, a base that would be attracted to Moore.

102417[/snapback]

Given the result of the election, one could very easily concede that appealing to Greens and students rather than moderates is precisely what the Democrats didn't need to do. Given those demographics' already-existing hatred of Bush, they were pretty much a shoe-in for Kerry (barring the Nader et al. non-major-party candidates, of course). They should have been courting the moderates, especially considering that Bush is pretty far right even for the Republican party...enough so that Rush nearly is a moderate in comparison.

Yes, wow.  I know a lot of people here in Mass that voted for Nader last time that LOVE Moore.  You may not know it, but Boston is a pretty big college town.  Students overwhelmingly supported Dean in this town because of his outspoken attitude about the war, and liked Moore for the same reasons.  The Dems needed to keep that base energized.

102427[/snapback]

I know Boston is a college town. Hence the reason it is filled with liberal elitists who can't face the reality of failed ideology. Putting faith in people who are willing to lie and live hypocritically is the reason we are where we are.

Big government is never going to give people the Utopia they seek. Quite the contrary, as history tells us OVER AND OVER.

Given the result of the election, one could very easily concede that appealing to Greens and students rather than moderates is precisely what the Democrats didn't need to do.  Given those demographics' already-existing hatred of Bush, they were pretty much a shoe-in for Kerry (barring the Nader et al. non-major-party candidates, of course).  They should have been courting the moderates, especially considering that Bush is pretty far right even for the Republican party...enough so that Rush nearly is a moderate in comparison.

102433[/snapback]

The Right has an easier time keeping its base. They will all flock to the polls for God, Guns, and Apple pie, and to keep the "homo's" and slacker-dope-fiend youth from rolling back this country's morality.

The Left has a harder time keeping it's base unified. Despite the loss, the voter turnout was impressive, and had Kerry carried Ohio, which he came pretty close to, we would be talking about "How the Dems finally unified their Party." We''ll concentrate on the mid-term elections now, but it'll be harder to go after the "smaller" targets.

The Right has an easier time keeping its base.  They will all flock to the polls for God, Guns, and Apple pie, and to keep the "homo's" and slacker-dope-fiend youth from rolling back this country's morality.

The Left has a harder time keeping it's base unified.  Despite the loss, the voter turnout was impressive, and had Kerry carried Ohio, which he came pretty close to, we would be talking about "How the Dems finally unified their Party."  We''ll concentrate on the mid-term elections now, but it'll be harder to go after the "smaller" targets.

102454[/snapback]

My buddy says: I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat.

It's a pretty big tent  :unsure: .  We even have room for you.

One of us...one of us...one of us...Join us Darin...

102466[/snapback]

I have nothing in common with people who vote for John Kerry, Teddy Kennedy, etc.

The idea that "government" is the answer to any question beyond: "What entity spends the most money for the least gain?" is pretty much my mantra. I've been dealing with it on a daily basis for 18 years. We have evolved into the socially devoid society with the Imperialistic government our Founding Fathers fought so hard to escape.

The Democrats are even more guilty in the equation than the Republicans, because they held control for so long.

The Republicans disgust me because they don't keep the promises they campaign on and they have a hard time paying attention to a few fairly important Constitutional Amendments.

I have nothing in common with people who vote for John Kerry, Teddy Kennedy, etc.

The idea that "government" is the answer to any question beyond:  "What entity spends the most money for the least gain?" is pretty much my mantra.  I've been dealing with it on a daily basis for 18 years.  We have evolved into the socially devoid society with the Imperialistic government our Founding Fathers fought so hard to escape. 

The Democrats are even more guilty in the equation than the Republicans, because they held control for so long. 

The Republicans disgust me because they don't keep the promises they campaign on and they have a hard time paying attention to a few fairly important Constitutional Amendments.

102477[/snapback]

Yet, you live off the backs of the taxpayers? Is this a true statement? Maybe I am wrong.

Are you a small business owner that earns his living directly from the business with average American consumers?

No, I think the analogy holds, regardless of the visibility of Moore.  The Right has a virtual monopoloy on the radio for the type of hysterics that Rush and Oliver North bring to the table.  That fires up the conservative base, and they can get away with a lot more than the visible part of the party would allow themselves to.

102417[/snapback]

I guess you dont listen to NPR. Talk about a virtual monopoly- how about the grip the Left has on American media. Every wacko in Hollywood delusionally thinks they are an expert on diplomacy and that they have some serious political acumen. Our media puts mikes in front of them and runs their idiotic rants as news. Cameron Diaz, Alec Baldwin, Dixie Chix, etc. If thats not enough turn on MTV, PBS, CNN, and major networks news(besides Fox). The left controls our media. Fahrenheit 911 gets loads of praise and is nominated for best documentary :wacko: while Evan Coyne Maloney cannot get financial backing for his films. Colleges have a strong leftist leaning too. No matter how much they try and force you to be a raging liberal if you have freewill and an openmind you can seek the truth. Like the saying goes- if you are not a liberal at 18 you have no heart, if you are not a conservative by age 30 you have no brain. I beleive in freewill!

I guess you dont listen to NPR.  Talk about a virtual monopoly- how about the grip the Left has on American media.  Every wacko in Hollywood delusionally thinks they are an expert on diplomacy and that they have some serious political acumen.  Our media puts mikes in front of them and runs their idiotic rants as news.  Cameron Diaz, Alec Baldwin, Dixie Chix, etc.  If thats not enough turn on MTV, PBS, CNN, and major networks news(besides Fox).  The left controls our media.  Fahrenheit 911 gets loads of praise and is nominated for best documentary  :wacko: while Evan Coyne Maloney cannot get financial backing for his films.  Colleges have a strong leftist leaning too.  No matter how much they try and force you to be a raging liberal if you have freewill and an openmind you can seek the truth.  Like the saying goes- if you are not a liberal at 18 you have no heart, if you are not a conservative by age 30 you have no brain.  I beleive in freewill!

102829[/snapback]

The arts naturally flourish under liberal thinking. Do you agree with this? Or would the arts be better served under conservative thinking?