I looked at the 2001 NE patriots and this was their OL that season-

LT-Matt Light Rookie

LG- Mike Hampton-8 years experience

C- Damion Woody- 2 years experience

RG-Joe Andruzzi - 3 yrs experience

Rt- Greg Randall- 1 yr experience

14 years total

14 years total

I put wood as the real only rookie and Demetius bell at at least 1 yr which makes this line similar to that of the 2001 NE patriots

The point I am making is we can be all up in arms about our offensive line and particularly our LT but if NE can win the SB with a rookie LT we should hopefully be able to put together a competitive team with our line. I think we got additiion through subtraction here completely retooled the line and its filled with youth and everyone playing to start on the OL. I feel better about the chances of this line being able to succed this season. I will not go on the limb for a play off spot but I can see this team becoming a little more competitive then they were.

LT- Demitrus Bell- Rookie

LG- Eric Wood- Rookie

C- Geoff Hangartner- 4 yrs experience

RG Brad Butler- 3 Years Experience

RT- Langston Walker- 7 yrs experience

Personally I would align the line as following:

LG- Geoff Hangartner- 4 yrs experience

C- Eric Wood- Rookie

I have confidence Bell would do well as i did when they made the move of Jason Peters over there. But I would put Wood in the Center spot his naturak position and put Hangartner over at LG because of his experince playing there in fillins in the past. I would also see if anyone can unseat BB.

The Giants O-Line in the Superbowl against the Ravens was pretty inexperienced if I remember correctly.

They didnt win obviously, but they got there.

Plus, wasnt the Steelers this year's O-Line decimated with injuries to the point where they were playing mostly young guys?

LT-Matt Light Rookie

LG- Mike Hampton-8 years experience

C- Damion Woody- 2 years experience

RG-Joe Andruzzi - 3 yrs experience

Rt- Greg Randall- 1 yr experience

14 years total

14 years total

I put wood as the real only rookie and Demetius bell at at least 1 yr which makes this line similar to that of the 2001 NE patriots

The point I am making is we can be all up in arms about our offensive line and particularly our LT but if NE can win the SB with a rookie LT we should hopefully be able to put together a competitive team with our line. I think we got additiion through subtraction here completely retooled the line and its filled with youth and everyone playing to start on the OL. I feel better about the chances of this line being able to succed this season. I will not go on the limb for a play off spot but I can see this team becoming a little more competitive then they were.

LG- Eric Wood- Rookie

C- Geoff Hangartner- 4 yrs experience

Personally I would align the line as following:

LG- Geoff Hangartner- 4 yrs experience

C- Eric Wood- Rookie

I have confidence Bell would do well as i did when they made the move of Jason Peters over there. But I would put Wood in the Center spot his naturak position and put Hangartner over at LG because of his experince playing there in fillins in the past. I would also see if anyone can unseat BB.

Big question for you, what have you actually SEEN of Bell to think he would be a starting LT in the NFL? I do not understand the infatuation with a practice squad player who did not have an above average college career. I think your accurate that a young line can succed, but I cant figure out why Bell is slated in as a starting LT. I think he needs major work-8 reps of 225-not that you need t bench 500lbs to be succesful but there is a basic correlation between being at least minimaly strong and successful-I speculate he would be the weakest LT or OL in the league.

Big question for you, what have you actually SEEN of Bell to think he would be a starting LT in the NFL? I do not understand the infatuation with a practice squad player who did not have an above average college career. I think your accurate that a young line can succed, but I cant figure out why Bell is slated in as a starting LT. I think he needs major work-8 reps of 225-not that you need t bench 500lbs to be succesful but there is a basic correlation between being at least minimaly strong and successful-I speculate he would be the weakest LT or OL in the league.

Lets see we had a practice squad player that was an undrafted TE and was groomed for the OL started the next year at RG then moved to LT MAde prowbowl twice and traded away for a first/ fourth and conditional pick. At that time the fan base was like waht the heck are we doing with this unproven TE proved us wrong huh? Bell Could be a fit the coaches seem to be confident he will as the were with Jason Peters since history is always the benchmark I will give the coaches and Bell the benefit of the doubt.

Lets see we had a practice squad player that was an undrafted TE and was groomed for the OL started the next year at RG then moved to LT MAde prowbowl twice and traded away for a first/ fourth and conditional pick. At that time the fan base was like waht the heck are we doing with this unproven TE proved us wrong huh? Bell Could be a fit the coaches seem to be confident he will as the were with Jason Peters since history is always the benchmark I will give the coaches and Bell the benefit of the doubt.

As a Bills fan I hope you are right. The Bills hit the mark on Peters (as overrated as he is), I feel that thats the exception and not the rule, the odds of it happening twice in 5 years would be astronomical. The Bills say they like Bell, they say that about every player until they cut them. Immediately after the draft Jaron hinted that Butler can play OT-Whats alot more realistic is Walker-LT and Butler RT. Give me some actual game film on Bell at least in the preseason and we'll see.

As a Bills fan I hope you are right. The Bills hit the mark on Peters (as overrated as he is), I feel that thats the exception and not the rule, the odds of it happening twice in 5 years would be astronomical. The Bills say they like Bell, they say that about every player until they cut them. Immediately after the draft Jaron hinted that Butler can play OT-Whats alot more realistic is Walker-LT and Butler RT. Give me some actual game film on Bell at least in the preseason and we'll see.

I wouldnt disagree there either Walker started LT during the holdout and did a decent job. It is probably the more realistic scenario. Especially since Chambers is much more suited for RG.

Big difference is coaching and game day preparation. Belichick and his OL coach Dante Scarnecchia both excel at in-game changes and staying ahead of their opponent. I have no doubt that Levitre and Wood are solid prospects and perhaps the best in this draft class. They'll need to be prepared correctly, and I'm not sure Jauron and to a lesser degree Kugler are at the level where they can match the quality of in-game changes.

Youer comments are spot on .... Bell may be a flyer in the equation but until he gets on the field and shows something it's anybody's guess. If the season started tomorrow with no OTA's and no camp Walker would start on the left and Butler starts on the right. If Bell impresses in camp and preseason then maybe he goes to RT at the start of the season. On paper the Bills have the potential to significantly upgrade the interior of the line. The edges have the potential to be equally problematic. Walker has been a serviceable RT but ther is a reson why LT's are paid more money - they have to be better.

May I say that Bell had that disturbing Bench total last year- not this year- by all reports he's been working hard on his strength for over a year- if he benches 20-25 reps now would you be happy.

I realize maximum bench presses do not mean immediate success but they do give you a basis. If Bell goes from 8 reps to 20 or 25 I would say he's putting the time and effort into the gym and some of that "new" strength should be transferred to the playing field. Still no guarantee he's a starter, or even a decent backup, lets see him play a snap or two in preseason and decide.