Boycott of ESPN

TheSportingnews.com

I get it 'delivered' every morning. Not as many editorials/personal opinions, which can make it a bit boring, but pretty factual.

People who don't sign up for this daily email (it's free) are really missing out. No team is ignored, no sport is ignored, no game is ignored.

My only real knock against ESPN is their requirement for you to become an "Insider" in order to access certain content. I really like some of the things they offer that you don't find on other sites. A good example would be their podcasts. :blink:

That and Bill Simmons.

Actually I don't like the "new" ESPN format where most of it is a "video" feed.

This is my #1 complaint about the web in general and you see it all over the place; news sites, sports sites, etc. They want you to download, watch their ad and then sit through a generally uninformative video. Arrgh. Meanwhile it would have taken five seconds to click on and read a two paragraph story.

I read cbs sportsline and espn mostly. I don't miss a Bill Simmons article or podcast (except some of the hoops stuff). Not to kiss up to Timmy, but I really liked the blogs on ESPN last football season, and I enjoy alot of the ESPN chats. I agree on the videos, I don't need them, and Insider is BS. CBS sportline is where I play fantasy so I am on there and usually check out some of the articles. The writers are average at best though.