Boycott of ESPN

My only real knock against ESPN is their requirement for you to become an "Insider" in order to access certain content. I really like some of the things they offer that you don't find on other sites. A good example would be their podcasts. :blink:

You still have to pay for a newspaper if you want the exclusive stories. Why wouldn't ESPN ask for the same?

My only real knock against ESPN is their requirement for you to become an "Insider" in order to access certain content. I really like some of the things they offer that you don't find on other sites. A good example would be their podcasts. :blink:

About 1 percent of our content is Insider, and you can get a subscription for about $3 a year if you look for it.

I read cbs sportsline and espn mostly. I don't miss a Bill Simmons article or podcast (except some of the hoops stuff). Not to kiss up to Timmy, but I really liked the blogs on ESPN last football season, and I enjoy alot of the ESPN chats. I agree on the videos, I don't need them, and Insider is BS. CBS sportline is where I play fantasy so I am on there and usually check out some of the articles. The writers are average at best though.

I will agree with you on the videos. My pet peeve is when they start playing even though you didn't click the play button.

About 1 percent of our content is Insider, and you can get a subscription for about $3 a year if you look for it.

A lot of us on the board found a discount site with a year subscription to the magazine and insider for 4.99. Can't beat that.

I do wish you guys would put out a magazine with more substance that pictures of athletes standing around looking like idiots. But hey, I digress.

In my opinion, you guys have a better website than SI and they have the better magazine.