Vincent Moving To Safety

Talonz

Yeah yeah, now move MW to LG and we are getting some where....Well after JP takes over that is....

101744[/snapback]

I don't think it'll ever happen. Too much ego to admit that mistake. I can't say I disagree with it - I've been calling for it since watching him cross his feet his rookie year.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides being discussed here, this was one of the questions on the Simoncast ballot Tuesday - final tally was 30 votes to move TV to FS, 5 to keep him at CB....

And if we're talking about it, it stands to reason the people who actually run the team might've already thought about it as well.

101747[/snapback]

That's logic isn't it?

Where did you find it? <_<

Besides being discussed here, this was one of the questions on the Simoncast ballot Tuesday - final tally was 30 votes to move TV to FS, 5 to keep him at CB....

And if we're talking about it, it stands to reason the people who actually run the team might've already thought about it as well.

101747[/snapback]

Normally I would think the same thing, but when over the past 4 years has this team done something obvious?

Moving Vincent to FS would make this a formidable secondary, getting the best DB's on the field together and where they are best suited, at this stage of their careers. The only concerns are McGee doing double-duty as a returner, diminshing his effectiveness (although he's young and should be full of stamina), and nickel and dime duties belonging to Thomas and Grier. But then again, with nickel and dime packages, they could probably move Vincent to nickel and put Thomas at FS, no?

I don't think it'll ever happen.  Too much ego to admit that mistake.  I can't say I disagree with it - I've been calling for it since watching him cross his feet his rookie year.

101748[/snapback]

Agreed. Too much EGO to make that move. Just like bledsoe. TD tied his legacy with this team to his bringing bledsoe in here. When TD goes, Bledsoe goes. I don't see it happening until then. TD will always use the following..."Drew gives us the best chance to win" "JP needs more time to develop" Develop what? Holding a clipboard? Because sitting on the bench sure as hell doesn't prep him to be an NFL QB.

Moving Vincent to FS would make this a formidable secondary, getting the best DB's on the field together and where they are best suited, at this stage of their careers.  The only concerns are McGee doing double-duty as a returner, diminshing his effectiveness (although he's young and should be full of stamina), and nickel and dime duties belonging to Thomas and Grier.  But then again, with nickel and dime packages, they could probably move Vincent to nickel and put Thomas at FS, no?

101774[/snapback]

I would go out this offseason and bring in a top notch YOUNG CB if one is available. Keep McGee as our Nickel/KO return man. DAMN can you immagine our secondary then? :lol:<_<:devil::)

I would go out this offseason and bring in a top notch YOUNG CB if one is available. Keep McGee as our Nickel/KO return man. DAMN can you immagine our secondary then?  :lol:  <_<  :devil:  :)

101781[/snapback]

Adding another good CB is always nice. Whether they have the money for it, after moves to upgrade the O-line, is the question. I'm hoping that Thomas and/or Greer develop at CB, but that remains to be seen.

I don't think it'll ever happen.  Too much ego to admit that mistake.  I can't say I disagree with it - I've been calling for it since watching him cross his feet his rookie year.

101748[/snapback]

No disrespect, but I just don't see the ego thing with Donahoe.

Agreed. Too much EGO to make that move. Just like bledsoe. TD tied his legacy with this team to his bringing bledsoe in here.  When TD goes, Bledsoe goes. I don't see it happening until then.  TD will always use the following..."Drew gives us the best chance to win"  "JP needs more time to develop"  Develop what? Holding a clipboard? Because sitting on the bench sure as hell doesn't prep him to be an NFL QB.

101778[/snapback]

I disagree. I'm a firm believer that a QB can only take so many hits during their career before effectiveness dwindles. We are witnessing it with Bledsoe now. He balls up at times BEFORE anyone is even close to him.

QBs at this level need to be able to anticipate who's going to be open. If they wait to throw the ball until the receiver is open, they are playing into the defense's hands.

There is merit to the argument that players get better by playing. No doubt. QBs probably fit it as well but there is also merit to not rushing them in there and ruining their confidence so early. Tim Couch is a great example. Dude is mentally toast from playing behind a bad line, with no running game and marginal receivers. He'll never get back.

No disrespect, but I just don't see the ego thing with Donahoe.

101786[/snapback]

Everyone who makes it to such a lofty perch has an ego. Otherwise they'd never make a decision and wouldn't get there. Donahoe is smart, much smarter than people here give him credit for. That doesn't mean he's perfect.

I disagree.  I'm a firm believer that a QB can only take so many hits during their career before effectiveness dwindles.  We are witnessing it with Bledsoe now.  He balls up at times BEFORE anyone is even close to him.

QBs at this level need to be able to anticipate who's going to be open.  If they wait to throw the ball until the receiver is open, they are playing into the defense's hands. 

There is merit to the argument that players get better by playing.  No doubt.  QBs probably fit it as well but there is also merit to not rushing them in there and ruining their confidence so early.  Tim Couch is a great example.  Dude is mentally toast from playing behind a bad line, with no running game and marginal receivers.  He'll never get back.

101790[/snapback]

AD I just don't think the line is that bad. It wasn't bad when flutie was back there ( and you know I HATE Flutie). I agree the rest of the way with your post though, but I just don't see them benching bledsoe. Hell yes he needed to be benched this offseason, but that is beside the point.

By St. Louis I'd like to see Losman play, won't happen but I'd like to see it. Hopefully by he cleveland game he can start and finish up the season.

Everyone who makes it to such a lofty perch has an ego.  Otherwise they'd never make a decision and wouldn't get there.  Donahoe is smart, much smarter than people here give him credit for.  That doesn't mean he's perfect.

101795[/snapback]

Oh, he's certainly not perfect (*cough* greggg williams *cough* drew bled*cough*), but I think he's admitted his mistakes by the moves he's made. He got rid of williams, and drafted a guy to replace Bledsoe.

has anyone been able to verify this? (no disrepect to the poster)

i'd love this. Izelle just does NOT make plays. He doesn't make major mistakes, but he NEVER makes a big play. This puts our 4 best DBs on the field, and I love it.

Yeah yeah, now move MW to LG and we are getting some where....Well after JP takes over that is....

101744[/snapback]

ICE........you the man.......ever thought of putting your application in at One Bills Drive?????? <_<