Buffalo's UDFA signings

VOR

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest, I've never heard of this guy (and I am a draft nerd)

Hopefully the Bills are talking to Brannan Southerland and Gerald Cadogan. Getting both of those guys as UDFAs would completely negate that last confusing CB pick.

I think I saw in another thread a poster said Cadogan went to the Panthers. Don't know if its true or not.

per CNNSI:

BIOGRAPHY: Two-year starter who also saw limited action with the first team as a sophomore. Totals last season included 44/7.5/4 after 46/7/4.5 as a junior.

POSITIVES: Hard-working, undersized defensive lineman with limited upside. Displays good first step quickness, works his hands throughout the action, and plays with good lean. Works hard until the whistle blows, and shows the ability to shoot the gaps upfield and make plays behind the line of scrimmage.

NEGATIVES: Easily controlled at the point by a single blocker. Lacks bulk, and wears down over the course of the game.

ANALYSIS: Lindquist is a slug-it-out defender with marginal size and athleticism. He offers potential as a one-gap lineman, yet he must significantly pick up his production this summer to have any chance of making a roster.

PROJECTION: Free Agent

DT #94 David Lindquist Sr. 6-3 288

-Undersized DT prospect.

-Average quickness at the DT spot.

-Early Draft Grade: Undrafted Free Agent. Lindquist didn't really jump off the tape, he is more of a plugger type and doesn't have the size to fill that same role in the NFL.

http://nfldhq.blogspot.com/2009/03/illinoi...-nfl-draft.html

If somebody with ESPN Insider can tell us what they say here, that'd be great. :thumbsup:

per CNNSI:

BIOGRAPHY: Two-year starter who also saw limited action with the first team as a sophomore. Totals last season included 44/7.5/4 after 46/7/4.5 as a junior.

POSITIVES: Hard-working, undersized defensive lineman with limited upside. Displays good first step quickness, works his hands throughout the action, and plays with good lean. Works hard until the whistle blows, and shows the ability to shoot the gaps upfield and make plays behind the line of scrimmage.

NEGATIVES: Easily controlled at the point by a single blocker. Lacks bulk, and wears down over the course of the game.

ANALYSIS: Lindquist is a slug-it-out defender with marginal size and athleticism. He offers potential as a one-gap lineman, yet he must significantly pick up his production this summer to have any chance of making a roster.

PROJECTION: Free Agent

Sounds a bit like the writeups on Kyle Williams when he came out.

http://nfldhq.blogspot.com/2009/03/illinoi...-nfl-draft.html

If somebody with ESPN Insider can tell us what they say here, that'd be great. :thumbsup:

Other than the 59th at his position comment there is absolutely nothing else.

This is a bust his butt overachieving type guy that professionals don't believe can make it at the pro level. A lot of those guys have proved the experts wrong. If he doesn't make it, it appears that it won't be for lack of trying. The perfect underdog to root for.

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 287 lbs