Why the late round glut of CBs may be a good thing

Guys, McGee is gone. The writing's on the wall. He's getting too old to return kicks, and we brought in fourteen CB's to compete for his job. Enjoy your last season in Buffalo, Terrance. Thanks for stopping by.

Wait a few days until they sign some undrafted guys. It might be more than 14.

i agree with Leonidas.....i think this is McGee's last year......unless he gives a hometown discount on his next deal, which i doubt. All these DB's we picked up will be auditioning to replace him, but i don't think any of them have the speed that is needed.

A different player, but it would have still been a corner. OK.....maybe a safety.

Bill, I gotta call BS. These final two guys are special teams players. The Bills play good ST, and I'll defer to them on that. Nelson is gonna play LB, and my hope is that he plays it better than Ellison. We shall see.

Here's why the glut of DBs DOESN't make sense:

1. They will not help protect our QB...as we are retooling 60% of our oline.

2. They will not help the piss poor pass rush...Maybin will only do so much

3. We passed on some pretty talented rushers and tackles with both our 2nd round picks.

Justin Geisinger. Victor Allotoy. Terrence Pennington. Just a few names to think about. None could play special teams.

Harris wasn't meant to push any of the CB's on our roster. He's an experimental move, just as Byrd was. They are in win now mode, so the first five picks were meant to help this year. Peters had to go. I like that they got rid of him, after hearing him talk about how he justified not playing 100% some of the time, and after he screwed his teammates. I like that we are putting together a really good O-line. Let's hope they continue to build both lines. That where it starts. I think we'll like our Defense this year. It's gonna be fast, and we're gonna have a bunch of turnovers, IMO. We've got ball-hawks in McGee, McKelvin, and hopefully Byrd as safety. Add to that a healthy Schoebel, and Maybin, and Stroud, and Mitchell...as pressure...I think we've improved our D a lot, and we were 14 place last year. I'm looking to see us at top 5 this year.

When did he say that? He only responded to the (and probably the millionth time asked about the contract hold out) question asked, was the contract extension an issue after the holdout....and his reply was early in the season but not an issue after that. Now be reasonable ( i know far fetched) after a long drag out fight with the FO and you lose. Wouldn't you question your status with the organization after not getting your worth in the market? These guys have a short shelf life, NFL contracts are not guaranteed. Lets not hold them to a standard, not one of us wouldnt allow if we had the option.

1. After Micheal Oher, the tackles in this draft were garbage.

2. McKelvin is a future top CB in this league, maybe even this year. Greer is not the answer for anyone as a starting CB. He just isn't that good.

3. Hopefully, drafting some of these DBs the last two years is a kick in the ass to McGee because his play has slipped since Jauron's first season here.

Have you been drinking? You know better than this. Next year we will draft a corner or safety in the first round. MAYBE a small receiver and the db get pushed back into the early 2nd.

You're probably right about the 2010 draft, unfortunately. On the other hand, Brandon did a much better job with his first draft than I was expecting. There has to be at least a chance of re-signing McGee, in which case I don't see us spending yet more high picks on DBs in next year's draft.