Ryan Denney's Role

Chilly

With our shiny new players, whats Ryan Denney's role on the team now? They seem to really love Chris Kelsay for his strong run stopping abilities, and Aaron Maybin will likely be replacing him on 3rd downs. If Chris Ellis steps it up and turns into a decent pass rusher, he should ideally be replacing Aaron Schobel when he needs a rest. To me, it seems like they want to phase out Denney from the team.

- Aaron Schobel - 3 down DE.

- Chris Kelsay - LE for run stopping

- Aaron Maybin - replacing Kelsay for more pressure

- Ryan Denney - Schobel's replacement for now

- Chris Ellis - Future replace

With our shiny new players, whats Ryan Denney's role on the team now? They seem to really love Chris Kelsay for his strong run stopping abilities, and Aaron Maybin will likely be replacing him on 3rd downs. If Chris Ellis steps it up and turns into a decent pass rusher, he should ideally be replacing Aaron Schobel when he needs a rest. To me, it seems like they want to phase out Denney from the team.

i believe denney is a free agent after the '09 season, so he's winding down anyway

ellis is going to have to earn a spot on the active roster after last season......and of course, injuries can happen

Chris Kelsay is not a run stopper. Infact he's quite terrible at that. He makes a habit of getting being out of position on off tackle runs, and is weak at the point. He's also not a pass rusher, and should be replaced in the lineup. Denney is better against the run, and that's not really saying much

i think schobel ,kelsay and denney are all gone after this year...(ok I HOPE they are gone)

Denney is the most versitile player on the D line....He is an every down player and he has moved inside many times. Judging from the FACTS (his numbers last season), he had a hell of a season for someone starting 11 only games. The fact that he's a good special teamer, solid citizen, and good team mate only adds to his value. He's un upgrade to Kelsay at LDE... but dropping him there you lose the versitility and ability to spell both ends with no drop off.