Think Henry is sweating this weekends game?

I wonder how Travis is feeling knowing that finally Willis will get to play against the first team his entire time out there.

I know he will publicly support him, but anyone else think in the waaay back of his mind, he is hoping for him to get stuffed?

I am just so happy we have two potentially great RBs. Its awesome. But, human nature brings on feelings of not wanting someone to do a better job than you.

I wonder how Travis is feeling knowing that finally Willis will get to play against the first team his entire time out there.

I know he will publicly support him, but anyone else think in the waaay back of his mind, he is hoping for him to get stuffed?

I am just so happy we have two potentially great RBs. Its awesome. But, human nature brings on feelings of not wanting someone to do a better job than you.

7513[/snapback]

I read something that says he plans on playing

I derno

7513[/snapback]

It's a win-win situation for Henry. He will get compensated either way. IF and that's a big IF, he loses his spot to Willis (or even a major chunk of carries) he will seek a trade next season and teams will pay big money for him. No worries.

I read the Dr. Z article where he claims he had a conversation with Travis. Dr. Z basically said "You going to play this contract out hit big numbers and then get your payday with another team?" Travis apparently said Yep.

I believe Travis knows that Willis will not challenge him this year. It is next year that that he might be worried about. If he does not get traded and next season is the backup on the Bills it might be tougher for him to cash in BIG TIME if he runs for only 700-800 yards as a backup to Willis.

I read the Dr. Z article where he claims he had a conversation with Travis.  Dr. Z basically said "You going to play this contract out hit big numbers and then get your payday with another team?" Travis apparently said Yep. 

I believe Travis knows that Willis will not challenge him this year.  It is next year that that he might be worried about.  If he does not get traded and next season is the backup on the Bills it might be tougher for him to cash in BIG TIME if he runs for only 700-800 yards as a backup to Willis.

7579[/snapback]

If I am not mistaken, Travis is a free agent after next season. TD will not let him become a free agent, and get nothing for him. I am pretty sure he will trade him after this season (next draft day perhaps?). Travis will be great trade bate for someone. Not only is he a great player, but the last year of his contract will be tiny, compared with other players of his caliber. He would be very salary cap friendly for some team out there.

nah.

travis knows that if mcgahee runs for 500 yards and nine TDs, with four for 99 yards, and catches 12 passes for another 400 yards, he'll still be the starting RB.

7538[/snapback]

You got it. This isn't like a QB thing, where if the starter is out with an injury and the backup lights up the scoreboard, they keep the hot hand in. Our starting RB position is much more Travis' to lose than it is McGahee's to win.

If I am not mistaken, Travis is a free agent after next season.  TD will not let him become a free agent, and get nothing for him.  I am pretty sure he will trade him after this season (next draft day perhaps?).  Travis will be great trade bate for someone.  Not only is he a great player, but the last year of his contract will be tiny, compared with other players of his caliber.  He would be very salary cap friendly for some team out there.

7601[/snapback]

I agree 100%. I think he is just nervous about the possibiity of not being traded. I think even if you really believe something is going to happen until it does their is some uncertainty

$$hit, I think a player like Henry has enough confidence in his own abililty and has heard enough from the coaches to believe he will be given the path to his own destiny regardless of what McGahee does.

7672[/snapback]

Yeah, Travis may have a chronic fumbling problem that annoys the crap out of us (yeah, I know he only lost two last year.....but he may be in the midst of an exacerbation), but if you can say anything about him, it's that he's one tough sunofabitch - physically and mentally.

Yeah, Travis may have a chronic fumbling problem that annoys the crap out of us (yeah, I know he only lost two last year.....but he may be in the midst of an exacerbation), but if you can say anything about him, it's that he's one tough sunofabitch - physically and mentally.

7688[/snapback]

My concern if I were him woud be how much longer can I keep taking a beating. I am sure other exec are also concerned with it. Running Backs do not last that long in this league. The question is can he survive, be productive to finally cash in on the Big Pay day.