Round 1, Pick 11: AARON MAYBIN, DE, Penn State

Comment here....

Maybin is a swing for the fences pick and I like it. The Bills were 0-6 in the division. Maybin is good now but he has tremendous upside the only ohter players in the draft with similar potential were the Gerogia Tech kid and there was a lot of bad film on him. Barwin was the other and he would have been a real reach here.

They took the guy with great attitude and outstanding physical skills. He is 6"4" tall so he can get much bigger.

Nice work.

Maycock's wrong the Bills will move him all over the field and let the defense worry about where he will show up.

Slowing reaching the "acceptance" phase with this pick. It'll be pretty cool having him and Pos together again, seem like they feed off of each other.

please don't link college f'ing highlights. Pox has been lights out, huh?

For the record, I'm good with this. I wasn't in love with any specifc player. But I was unsure about Orakpo, thought Pettigrew, Oher, and Everett was a reach, and Raji was a dream. With that, this is the one I was the most comfortable with.

• Haha (+1) 1

please don't link college f'ing highlights. Pox has been lights out, huh?
Pox :worthy:

Well, he's a Bill now, let's see what he can do. I only hope it doesn't take him as long as it seems to be taking Pos to deprogram from old dirtbag JoPa's coaching. :worthy:

Well after digesting the pick and reading some posts.....

They Bills can move him around like Shawn Merriman and give some OC's something to think about

Being so young he will grow some more .

Played at Penn St so he is a northeast player

His motor is not questioned so he will give full effort and is a character guy

They way the draft is going anything can happen

so even though im not jumping up and down I understand why the Bills liked this guy

Orakpo = Okrapo. Forget anybody from Texas. Be glad we went with the Maybin. Not excited because I wanted them to trade out and trade for more picks, but it's better than another bust from Texas.

Ricky & Mike Williams, Michael Huff....

Are there any great NFL players from Texas within the last few years?

Linky

Pro Day Results: Aaron Maybin, Penn State

Written by NFL Draft Bible

Friday, 20 March 2009 08:09

Aaron Maybin drastically increased his 40-yard dash time at Penn State’s pro day, clocking in at 4.59 and 4.63 seconds, down from his Scouting Combine effort that landed in the 4.7s. Defensive end Maurice Evans ran a 4.75, while cornerback Tony Davis ran an impressive 4.40. Maybin has bulked up some 25 pounds to 252 and has been working with Lancaster-based performance trainer Steve Saunders.