Narwocki Projects Maybin, Britton

Wing Man

Nolan Nawrocki has released his final mock draft at PFW and has hit on the Bills' first selection three years in a row.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDr.../mock042509.htm

11. Buffalo Bills (D) — DE Aaron Maybin, Penn State*

The Bills need an end who can rush from either the right or the left side, and Maybin fits the bill and has as much upside as any pass rusher in the draft. He is a great fit for Perry Fewell’s defense.

28. Buffalo Bills (from Carolina through Philadelphia) — OT Eben Britton, Arizona*

The Bills could look inside for a versatile interior player after giving up on Derrick Dockery, but Britton could help inside or outside and helps replace Jason Peters.

He has Orakpo dropping to Denver at 12, and Macklin to the Jets at 17, Oher to the Lions at 20, and Pettigrew to the Patriots at 23.

The problem I have with drafting a guy who by all accounts projects to be an NFL RT is that means we move Walker permanently to LT. That's a huge risk. If he flops at blocking rushers off the edge, what do we do with Britton, even if he excels? To me, there is a very good chance that Walker cannot play LT full time in the NFL at a high level. He's a pretty good RT as it is, but that's it.

The problem I have with drafting a guy who by all accounts projects to be an NFL RT is that means we move Walker permanently to LT. That's a huge risk. If he flops at blocking rushers off the edge, what do we do with Britton, even if he excels? To me, there is a very good chance that Walker cannot play LT full time in the NFL at a high level. He's a pretty good RT as it is, but that's it.

Walker should be playing at G

Butler would be a better option at LT

Britton at 28 would be a good pick. He might not be the greatest LT prospect, but I think he could certainly be a quality player for the Bills at LG or RT, plus he might surprise as a LT. That's good enough for me.

Maybin ? Very, very risky. I can't say I like it at all. I would be apprehensive about drafting him at 28, much less at 11. The upside is considerable, no question, but I'd have a hard time justifying a major project at 11, especially when passing up a prototypical 4-3 DE (or something close to it) such as Orakpo in order to do it.

Britton at 28 would be a good pick. He might not be the greatest LT prospect, but I think he could certainly be a quality player for the Bills at LG or RT, plus he might surprise as a LT. That's good enough for me.

Maybin ? Very, very risky. I can't say I like it at all. I would be apprehensive about drafting him at 28, much less at 11. The upside is considerable, no question, but I'd have a hard time justifying a major project at 11, especially when passing up a prototypical 4-3 DE (or something close to it) such as Orakpo in order to do it.

Oarpo is not a prototypical DE

he is 3-4 rush LB at 255

Maybin is a horror story waiting to happen

they should just blitz Wendling on every down to get the same impact

11. Buffalo Bills (D) — DE Aaron Maybin, Penn State*

The Bills need an end who can rush from either the right or the left side, and Maybin fits the bill and has as much upside as any pass rusher in the draft. He is a great fit for Perry Fewell’s defense.

Would not like this draft too much. Especially drafting players that may not fit the "system" after DJ is shown the door.