If Crabtree falls, we're taking him at #11...

SKOOBY

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have any argument with it. Sure, they signed TO, but how long is that going to last? One year...and then we're right back where we started. Maybe James Hardy and his knee turn into a quality WR, maybe Steve Johnson defies the odds as a 7th rounder...or maybe not. If the Bills think Crabtree is an elite talent and if the injury situation checks out, they'd be stupid to pass on him given their struggles of the last decade in the passing game.

Not that it matters. I'd be stunned if Crabtree makes it out of the top 10.

Undefendable.

We watched the undefeated Patriots get derailed by sacks and you want to argue the point that a receiver like Crabtree, who lacks both the size to be a great threat over the middle and the speed to be a deep threat, who will pretty much be mediocre in every way, is going to make us more dynamic than that Pats team? Not only that, but the Pats had the best O line in football. We currently have the worst. Skooby you really are dumb.

If we are going to add a WR, why not Boldin? Id rather trade 11 for him than draft Crabtree at 11, but the Cards would be happy with 42. Either way, draft lineman instead.

The financial cost is the barrier with Boldin. The 11th pick is probably going to sign for five or six years in the low/mid $20M range. Boldin? Its going to take an awful lot more than that to make him happy.

The Lions have been fun to watch? I guess I haven't been watching enough football.

The interesting thing about the Lions is that they've tried both approaches to no avail. Everyone rags them for selecting WRs high, but they tried going the OL route early in the decade. They even tossed in a few high round DL and LBs for good measure.

That didn't work, either. The moral of this story? Just because you draft an OL in round one doesn't automatically make them any good. The Bills need to be careful that they don't fall into that particular trap. If they don't have an OL or defensive front seven player rated very highly when they're up at 11, they need to trust their board instead of attempting to satisfy the fans.