Monroe? Bills moving up?

I really don't think the Bills will move up more than a few spots. But if Monroe drops to 7 or 8, then I could see them making a move because it would not cost that much to go up 3 spots. and the salary demands would be much less than if he went in the top 5. If they pulled off a move into the top 5, the cost would be outrageous in terms of picks and salary. A top 5 tackle would make close to what Peters got, that would really be stupid.

I really don't think the Bills will move up more than a few spots. But if Monroe drops to 7 or 8, then I could see them making a move because it would not cost that much to go up 3 spots. and the salary demands would be much less than if he went in the top 5. If they pulled off a move into the top 5, the cost would be outrageous in terms of picks and salary. A top 5 tackle would make close to what Peters got, that would really be stupid.

More than what Peters got. Last years # 5 overall pick got a 5 year - $51 million contract with $23 million guaranteed. And you can expect that number to go up 5-10% this year. The #8 spot is where the Top 10 becomes somewhat affordable, last years #8, Derrick Harvey, received 5 years $33.4 million, $17.177 million guaranteed. And then #9 takes another nice dip down (Keith Rivers, 6 years - $23 million, $15.6 million guaranteed).

With all that number crunching, my conclusion is: Do not trade up for anything past #8 and #9 is another $10 million cheaper than #8.

It's a pay-to-see piece, but if this is true, tomorrow could get interesting!

Not sure if I'm for a trade up. They'd be paying what they'd pay for Peters. Eh..

I'm not at all convinced that money was the issue with extending Peters. I think his attitude and posturing had far more to do with him being traded than the dollar figure.

If they truly wanted to get a stud left tackle and trade away picks to get him, they should have just kept Peters. A move like this doesn't help.

Peters was a stud 2 years ago.

He was a prick going into last season and then disappeared.

The only player I would consider trading up for, if I got to decide. Still, I think you probably end up getting more overall value. by staying at 11 (or even moving down a little, and getting an extra pick). But, Monroe is the OL I like the best, for the Bills, in this draft.