Coffee Drinkers

WellDressed

Coffee Comsumption  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How many ounces do you consume doring a normal day.

• 8-12
    • 13-20
    • 21-24
    • 24-36
    • 37-48
    • 49-64
    • 65-80
    • Sensory Overload---100+

Just curious as to everyone's coffee drinking habits. :thumbsup:

I drink roughly 80 oz's during any given day; sometimes it might get close to 100 or more. I know, I know thats crazy, but I load it up with skim milk and a little sugar. for every 20 ounces, at lease 4 is watered down with milk.

Great topic. My coffee routine is serious business. I grind my beans fresh every morning. I usually like to keep a 50/50 mixture of medium roast and Sumatran beans. I add filtered water and drink 1 16 oz cup while I get ready and take 1 16 oz cup to go. Gotta have the morning Java.

Just curious as to everyone's coffee drinking habits. :thumbsup:

I drink roughly 80 oz's during any given day; sometimes it might get close to 100 or more. I know, I know thats crazy, but I load it up with skim milk and a little sugar. for every 20 ounces, at lease 4 is watered down with milk.

Has the coffee been eaten and shat out by vegetarian capuchin monkeys who are kept in air conditioned pens in a constant state of buzz due to a perpetual beer drip which hangs in front of a big screen tv which play endless loops of king kong sucking face with Fay Ray?

i just bought a bag of guatemalan heuhuetenango from my local roaster. i like to roast my own green beans, but i am still using a hot air popper and am not getting the best results, but its my own. I go to my local roaster every morning for a fresh cup a joe and get whatever coffee grabs my fancy at the time...bolivian highland, peru la florida...whatever strikes me....

Has the coffee been eaten and shat out by vegetarian capuchin monkeys who are kept in air conditioned pens in a constant state of buzz due to a perpetual beer drip which hangs in front of a big screen tv which play endless loops of king kong sucking face with Fay Ray?

Classic Movies...., Classic Movies..... (...chant at hockey game)

I am not a true bean head, I don't roast my own, and I really like flavored coffee's. :thumbsup:

I make the first 40 ounces through my grinder filled with frozen beans.

The other 40-80 come from a convience store called Wawa.....don't know if you've ever heard of them, but they brew fresh coffee every 10-15 minutes.

i just bought a bag of guatemalan heuhuetenango from my local roaster. i like to roast my own green beans, but i am still using a hot air popper and am not getting the best results, but its my own. I go to my local roaster every morning for a fresh cup a joe and get whatever coffee grabs my fancy at the time...bolivian highland, peru la florida...whatever strikes me....

Mr. Pooj, I would really love to roast my own beans, but I am overboard lazy. :thumbsup:

I've been roasting my own coffee for a couple of years and love it. There are some good sites for finding a wide variety of beans. Sweet Maria's and Coffee Bean Corral are my favorites. Recently we've been drinking an excellent Sumatra and before that a Sulawesi. For my next order I'll probably go back to the Americas. Best coffee ever, but usually just for weekends and days at home. I don't have time in the AM so usually just grab a large cup at the local deli on the way to work.

Pooj - If the corn popper isn't working, consider investing in the I-Roast2 Does an excellent job, very even roasting.

I am not a true bean head, I don't roast my own, and I really like flavored coffee's. :wallbash:

The other 40-80 come from a convience store called Wawa.....don't know if you've ever heard of them, but they brew fresh coffee every 10-15 minutes.

Wawa...are you in Philly?

I am not a true bean head, I don't roast my own, and I really like flavored coffee's. :wallbash:

I lived in Jersey for 6 years. The ONLY thing I miss at all is WAWA. Everything in that place was great!

On topic, I used to drink about as much as you, without all the cream and sugar mixed in. About 6 or 7 years ago I pretty much quit. Now I have a cup or two over a weekend.

I've been roasting my own coffee for a couple of years and love it. There are some good sites for finding a wide variety of beans. Sweet Maria's and Coffee Bean Corral are my favorites. Recently we've been drinking an excellent Sumatra and before that a Sulawesi. For my next order I'll probably go back to the Americas. Best coffee ever, but usually just for weekends and days at home. I don't have time in the AM so usually just grab a large cup at the local deli on the way to work.

My whole life the only people I ever knew who roasted their own coffee was my mom and my tias. They do it in a cast-iron pan on top of the stove. Makes the best coffee in the world,and it makes the house smell real good too. I didn't know it was commonly done here. The flavor of home roasted coffee is unbeatable.

I keep my beans in the refrigerator. Is it better to keep them frozen?

yeah, i am too cheap and too unemployed to spend a couple hundred bucks...someday...i keep pressing my coffee guy for any refurbs he may come across, so far no luck. this guy has 15-20 different varieties of green beans so he is a great resource...and for 3.95 a pound for green, you cant beat the price...and if i want it already roasted...6.95 for an actual pound, not the 14 oz you get at the grocery store

Pooj - If the corn popper isn't working, consider investing in the I-Roast2 Does an excellent job, very even roasting.

i have been too nervous to try the stove top method...seems too easy to burn the beans...maybe i will try it next weekend...with windows wide open, just in case

My whole life the only people I ever knew who roasted their own coffee was my mom and my tias. They do it in a cast-iron pan on top of the stove. Makes the best coffee in the world,and it makes the house smell real good too. I didn't know it was commonly done here. The flavor of home roasted coffee is unbeatable.

I too grind beans for the first cup of the day. If you have a World Market nearby they have the best beans for the buck in my opinion. I usually buy their Italian roast.

World Market

Wow...stovetop is old school! I think like homebrew and other similar hobbies, there are more people that do it than you think, even if it's not on the radar of most people. But whenever I tell a coffee fan about roasting my own, they are always amazed and think it's a great idea.

And btw...it's also cheaper. Lots of very good green coffees available for $5-$6/lb.

It's best to keep them at room temp in a sealed contained. The condensation on the bean breaks down the flavor. Article

yeah, i am too cheap and too unemployed to spend a couple hundred bucks...someday...i keep pressing my coffee guy for any refurbs he may come across, so far no luck. this guy has 15-20 different varieties of green beans so he is a great resource...and for 3.95 a pound for green, you cant beat the price...and if i want it already roasted...6.95 for an actual pound, not the 14 oz you get at the grocery store

Yeah, the I-roast isn't cheap, and in fact is $20 more than when I bought it so the popularity must be strong. I bought it for my wife for XMAS two years ago and she's never touched it. She's happy to have me do all the roasting! But there are cheaper options here, I saw one for $89.

Nice to talk coffee while enjoying my 2d cup on a beautiful Saturday morning and watching some draft coverage. :wallbash:

It's best to keep them at room temp in a sealed contained. The condensation on the bean breaks down the flavor.

Well, as Latka Gravas liked to say, "learning all the time." (least i think that was one of his lines)

I've always kept beans in the freezer, guess I'll shift to the pantry. I prefer dark roasts and I definitely agree with the article. The oily sheen that is on the beans when I open a pack is gone after a couple days in the freezer. I didn't realize that the taste was affected.

I was told by a manager at a "Barney's Coffee" back in the late 80's, that the best place to keep cold beans, is to utilize your freezer.

I have no clue if he was right, or he just wanted me to buy his coffee tins. :thumbdown: